St Mirren Under 20's 2015/16

shull

St Johnstone had loads of possession but no real chances. The young real saints missing McAllister (is he playing for the Scotland U17s?) as well as Morgan. Goodwin, Gow and Howison played. Howison was the best player on the pitch by a distance playing just of the striker. Good well worked goal and then as said above a shocking dive for a penalty. Gow was pretty anonymous but scored one of the best goals I've seen in a while. Then seemed to come on to a game a bit. Only great goal keeping kept the Johnnies in it a great save from a header from Ross Cameron and a good shot from I think Gow.

Edited by insaintee

St Johnstone had loads of possession but no real chances. The young real saints missing McAllister (is he playing for the Scotland U17s?) as well as Morgan. Goodwin, Gow and Howison played. Howison was the best player on the pitch by a distance playing just of the striker. Good well worked goal and then as said above a shocking dive for a penalty. Gow was pretty anonymous but scored one of the best goals I've seen in a while. Then seemed to come on to a game a bit. Only great goal keeping kept the Johnnies in it a great save from a header from Ross Cameron and a good shot from I think Gow.

I had hoped Howieson would be in for Mallan at the weekend. I still believe he has something to offer. Gow, though? He's just an enigma.

I had hoped Howieson would be in for Mallan at the weekend. I still believe he has something to offer. Gow, though? He's just an enigma.

Clearly Howieson has something, his movement control, passing, touch, workrate and tackling today were superb. If he played like that in the first team we'd be raving about him. I think he has pretty good when he came on against QOS. I think iplaying centre mid suited him as he is a bit slow paced.

Gow's goal came out of nothing, which is pretty much what he'd been offering up till then. Clearly he's an enema whistling.gif

Howieson is a much better player just behind the frontman than he is when stuck out on a wing. Had a bit of a free role today across the middle and did really well.

Barry Cuddihy also stood out in a central role rather than hung out to dry at rb as he was in the top team. Never a rb.

Edited by SBS

Howieson is a much better player just behind the frontman than he is when stuck out on a wing. Had a bit of a free role today across the middle and did really well.

Barry Cuddihy also stood out in a central role rather than hung out to dry at rb as he was in the top team. Never a rb.

I had hoped to see Howieson in the central role on Saturday with Mallan out.

I do think the lad has ability... but not as a winger.

Howieson is clearly out of favour with Rae.

Looks like Cooper and McAllister have overtaken him in the pecking order for that left side role. In the central midfield there's even more competition with the return of Goodwin and signing of Quinn and form of Mallan.

Would be surprised if he made another start for us.

Edited by TopCat

Howieson is clearly out of favour with Rae.

Looks like Cooper and McAllister have overtaken him in the pecking order for that left side role. In the central midfield there's even more competition with the return of Goodwin and signing of Quinn and form of Mallan.

Would be surprised if he made another start for us.

Why didn't Cooper make the team on Saturday.