St Mirren Under 20's 2015/16

shull

Just in from Crappilow. Great nights entertainment and I'm not talking bout the game. But that was good as well. Two women behind me Burnsy and Campbell were comedy gold. As for the game our young players were superb. McAllister and Cuddihy. But man of the match by a mile was Stuart Carswell imence. And what a injury time free kick Gow who excellent in the 2nd half. Celtic had Forrest' Rogic' Allan and Ryan Christie so well done Saints youngsters.

Edited by santaponsasaint

I was stupid enough to leave with 8 minutes to go, score 1-0 that will teach me.

Thought the team done very well, stuck to there tasks and limited Celtic to few chances.

Jim Goodwin talked the younger players through the game especially Barry Cuddihy who had a great game at centre back.

Alan Gow had a howler in the first half but in the 2nd you could see there is a player there.

A very good disciplined performance with no failures.

I thought Pooler worked very hard and also stuck to his task..

Edited by Ayrshireman

I was stupid enough to leave with 8 minutes to go, score 1-0 that will teach me.

Thought the team done very well, stuck to there tasks and limited Celtic to few chances.

Jim Goodwin talked the younger players through the game especially Barry Cuddihy who had a great game at centre back.

Alan Gow had a howler in the first half but in the 2nd you could see there is a player there.

A very good disciplined performance with no failures.

I thought Pooler worked very hard and also stuck to his task..

Especially as it was his first game back from injury and was up against Scott Allan.

We have played very few over age players in this team , this season .

Their league position is down to the young players and the coach of the team .

I noticed that changed when Alex Rae arrived. The U20s is now used to keep players match fit, regain fitness etc which is what most other teams do, Oh and develop young talent.

What is noticeable is that very few first team players come in and match the work rate, enthusiasm and teamwork of the young boys. Interestingly that's beginning to change.