St Mirren Under 20's 2015/16

shull

Mark did very well. looked the best player on the pitch and that included Aird and Murdoch from Newco.

He looked very strong and was about the only St Mirren player who looked comfortable with the physical game played by the scum.

On the game itself, was an entertaining game we could and probably should have won. Sevco were physically strong and played at a high temp through out which the boys struggled to get a grip on. But we sliced them open again and again and only poor decision making in the final third stopped us making it safe, (although 3-1 should be safe). Fair doos to the diddy team for keeping going, It was noticeable that they really only got back into it when Barrowman came of with an injury.

The boys played well BUT sevco were much fitter and seemed to want it more.

ETA Good performance and Goal from Barrowman. but all of them played well

Edited by insaintee

I would agree with a lot of what the last poster has said, however I thought the trialist who yes could deliver good balls into the box and scored a beauty hugged either wing and did not track back. Most of Rangers dangerous attacks came down whatever wing Lamont was on at the time and to be honest I thought he didn't look "too interested"

Barrowman not appearing for the second half certainly affected the team but I thought changing the shape in the second half affected Saints more and we did not look anywhere near as dangerous or "crisp" they had been in the first half.

All three goals were crackers and gave the keeper no chance ,apart from the goals we had very few chances although a half chance near the end of the game which would have levelled was squandered.

I agree that Rangers were very physical but after the first 10 minutes when they looked as if they would run all over Saints, I thought we competed well and thoroughly deserved the half time lead.

The second half was a bit of a non event for Saints, but I believe a draw would have been a fairer result.

Edited by Ayrshireman

• 3 weeks later...

Rugby Park is just along the road from me so was at the game. It was played at a blistering pace throughout and ascendancy swung back and forth. It was 0-0 at half time although both teams missed half chances. Cuddihy scored around 10 minutes into the 2nd half taking advantage of slack defensive play from Killie. Pooler almost made it 2 a few minutes later but the keeper saved well at his near post. Killie then had the ball in the net from a corner but was chalked off for a foul on the keeper in the air (I think).

The game got stretched from this point but Saints could not add to their lead nor could Killie find an equaliser with the game finishing 1-0 Saints, a very good win and reasonably good display from the team as a whole, however I thought young Cammy McPherson was immense throughout Lewis McLear was a stand out in the 1st the first half, that's the first 3 points of the season long may that trend continue.