St Mirren Under 20's 2015/16

shull

Are you talking to me?

I feel more than a little aggrieved at the blatant misuse of a perfectly nice name by sections of our so-called 'support'. mad.gif

I mused for some time over reporting the abusers listed above to a Moderator or just signing on, myself, in order to deliver this personal rebuke/chastisement.

It has been a real dichotomy.

What did you decide?

Kyle Magennis is my nephews son.Played for the 17,s last year so has 3 years at 20,s.We,re hopeful he can continue his progress and break into the first team at some time in the future.

Played really well when he came on. Both subs did, and seemed to make a difference. of course by then the game was effectively over. But he definitely had some nice touches AND a bit of dig which quite nice to see. Although he's not the biggest he looked "large framed" in the good sense.

Played really well when he came on. Both subs did, and seemed to make a difference. of course by then the game was effectively over. But he definitely had some nice touches AND a bit of dig which quite nice to see. Although he's not the biggest he looked "large framed" in the good sense.

Penilee boy.Nae fear.

Are you talking to me?

I feel more than a little aggrieved at the blatant misuse of a perfectly nice name by sections of our so-called 'support'. mad.gif

I mused for some time over reporting the abusers listed above to a Moderator or just signing on, myself, in order to deliver this personal rebuke/chastisement.

It has been a real dichotomy.

Crossed my mind too that it was a bit off. Some people call me Dick including the current Mrs.McD. But then she probably has cause. I too have a dickotomy.

First goal caught the defence napping. Ridgers did not look to clever at a couple of the goals, and his tendency to boot the ball up to our midget forwards meant the ball came back every time.

Those Dunfermline defenders must have incredible neck muscles if they were able to header the ball all the way from their own defensive area all the way back into our defensive area!

And what were our midfielders doing? Standing about watching it happen?

Those Dunfermline defenders must have incredible neck muscles if they were able to header the ball all the way from their own defensive area all the way back into our defensive area!

And what were our midfielders doing? Standing about watching it happen?

I'm sure that was funny in your headwhistling.gif

First time at Murray park and credit where it's due its some facility. Really enjoyed the game played at a very high pace much quicker than a senior game. Our boys more than deserved the win and probably should have won by more. Wilks never had a save to make, defence strolled it, very solid and passed it out well. Midfield worked their socks off and created a few chances. Our forwards looked sharp with Morgan being the standout, murdered their full back with pace and skill. Wouldn't be worried giving any of these boys a shot in the first team.

I should add to the above that given the talent this young man possesses I have no doubt that he will master this part of his game.

I remember during the school holidays in 79 (or 80) being able to walk in to the old St Mirren Park and watch pre-season training.

The thing that sticks in my mind most is watching Peter Weir, after the rest had gone to the baths, practising running and crossing and freekicks and corners.

Poor guy only had one football, so probably helped his fitness as well!

Not sure if Saints do one to one training for players (other than goalies) but if Morgan has a very strong skillset, but one key area that needs improvement, then I hope that's being worked on.

• 2 weeks later...