St Mirren V Livingston League Cup 2Nd Round 25/8/15

shull

Think it would be definitely worth trying out Thommo and Gallagher together up top. Our problem so far, in my opinion, has not been in defence but in forward areas, so maybe try being a bit more direct in this game and see how it goes.

Have Goody holding the midfield, give Carswell a rest, and have one of Agnew or Mallan playing further forward, with two wingers. Livi are a bit shite anyway, and if it doesn't work, we'll have a better idea of what team to put out on Saturday against them.

We're hardly world beaters either.

St Mirren manager Ian Murray: "We are a better side than the one point out of nine would indicate, but we need to show that by winning games."

Livingston manager Mark Burchill: "To do anything at St Mirren, we need everyone at the top of their game."

I could have sworn I saw Murray at the game on Friday night, but it doesn't appear he was there after all. He certainly wasn't watching the same game I watched.

On the upside though, it's clear that Mark Burchill hasn't been putting in the effort to check out Livi's opponents. thumbup2.gif

so much negativity on this forum regarding how we have started in a new league with an entirely new team , new manager , it amazes me.

what do people expect? we have no divine right to win all games, in fact most teams will raise their game as we are the ex spl team ( in theory)

yeah we've not been great but were 3 games in ffs

im sure the manager is still finding his feet aswell as im sure the board has told him no pressure but expect the top half of the league first season will do, everything takes time but some of us are impatient,

the joys of a football fan

just my opinion

as for the two related to this topic if they sign then good if not we move on and there will be others

no point getting your knickers in a twist over it

We've managed to stumble through our two cup games against fourth tier opponents this season. However, we haven't managed to beat a team from the Championship, and we really haven't looked like doing it either. Two home games against Livi in five days is surely as good a chance as we are going to get to right that.

With this game tomorrow it's all about getting through, as always in a cup match I would take a snooze inducing 0-0 and progression via penalty shoot out. Getting knocked out would certainly raise some eyebrows.

Would guess Stewart will replace Conlon and maybe Morgan in for Howieson from Friday. Hopefully the experienced spine of Langfield, Goodwin and Thompson remains undisturbed.

Langfield

Watson-Baird-Kelly-Stewart

Goodwin-Carswell

McMullan-Agnew-Morgan

Thompson

Will go for Saints 2-1 Livi (aet).

i like the team although we should start with this team and formation and we should eventually change agnew or carswell possibly late on with gall and move him up top with Thompson on even switch him with Thompson and move McMullan inside and morgan right agnew left

we do have options with the players at our disposal

i like the team although we should start with this team and formation and we should eventually change agnew or carswell possibly late on with gall and move him up top with Thompson on even switch him with Thompson and move McMullan inside and morgan right agnew left

we do have options with the players at our disposal

Agree with the changing later in the game, but would never move Morgan right. Completely lost on the right anytime I've seen him there. Much better on the left.

Looking forward to this double game week against livi, could be the catalyst for the season to get started, should beat them. Especially since they seem to have players that find playing us a bit boring:

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/craig-sives-bored-by-prospect-of-playing-st-mirren-twice-1-3867652

Hope he's bored picking ball out his own net!