Callum Gallagher

Sounds like an exciting signing.

A young talented goalscorer with an eye for goal at this level and a point to prove.

I have a good feeling about Murray and the way he is going about things.

If we can land langfield, which I think we will, and get shankland in on loan plus some cover in defence then we will have a decent chance of making the playoffs or better. :-)

As noted above, he does seem to have an eye for goals and gets right intae where he should be, in a Thommoesque way.

I'm also perplexed. He is EXACTLY the home grown product that the new club should have brought through. Seems to be....

Is there no end to their madness?

One hopes not.

Edited by bluto

Way way down the pecking order one would presume or maybe he doesn't like the new manager. Who's worried, who cares.

He wants to play regular football. The Club didn't like his request to go on loan last season, he was slaughtered for wanting to play football outside of Ibrox.

Best of luck at the best club in the world :)

Edited by davidg

So let me get this straight. We've signed a young lad who clearly has an eye for goal, is fast, is good in the air, seems to enjoy putting pressure on keepers at corners and loves being in and around the six yard box to get on the end of half-chances.

Is this St. Mirren we're talking about?!ohmy.pnglaugh.png

Here I am sitting in my wee hoose; depressed by the weathe;, weans wanting to talk about their exam result;, the prospect of having to go back to work next week, when out of the 'blue' an interesting signing for the Saints!!!

I actually signed him last season after Thommo left in the huff- on Championship Manager, I haste to explain, and he scored me a barrowload of goals. So it must be a good signing. I have a sneaky, good feeling about this season and am fairly confident we will be challenging up at the top for a decent play off position and pose Hibs and Rangers some problems- here's hoping anyway. PS Pity you can't delete poor matches and replay them like you can on the laptop.

Did we pay a fee for this kid? As from what I can tell he was under contract.

My guess is that there was no fee involved but Sevco will have asked for a sell on clause in his contract. Similar to the deals we done with Septic for McGowan & Carey

My guess is that there was no fee involved but Sevco will have asked for a sell on clause in his contract. Similar to the deals we done with Septic for McGowan & Carey

Well I can't see us selling him, it would have to be in January if we did as it's a one year deal. He'd have to be pretty damn good in the next few months to get someone to pay for him then considering he will be available for nothing in May.

However, if we have got him for free that's superb business.

If he does well, his old team might have the first option to take him on, hence 1 year.

That would be a deal between them and him, wouldn't have anything to do with us.

I think everyone was expecting this to be a loan so it's definitely good news it isn't. The only real difference for us though is that he will be available for games against them, whereas he wouldn't be if it had been a loan.

It's an interesting transfer anyway, and as has been said before I'm glad we got this guy instead of a Lee Miller/Antoine-Courier/Jon Daly type signing.

Well I can't see us selling him, it would have to be in January if we did as it's a one year deal. He'd have to be pretty damn good in the next few months to get someone to pay for him then considering he will be available for nothing in May.

However, if we have got him for free that's superb business.

Who says we won't extend his contract? The sell on clause would be in effect for his whole stay at the club

Who says we won't extend his contract? The sell on clause would be in effect for his whole stay at the club

Again, if he's ever going to have a transfer value i can't see him wanting to stay with us beyond this season.

I hope he does really well, but if he does he will be here for one season only. The only way he will extend his stay is if he doesn't have any better offers.

I'm guessing he's seeing us as a stepping stone where he can play regularly and get a bigger club next summer. Nothing wrong with that.

when his contract runs out next year he will be free to join a club for nothing there would be no sell on clause.

Is a strange one but can't see there being a sell on clause if he would just sign for another year next season if bigger clubs were interested in him just to make rangers some money would be his decision

I think everyone was expecting this to be a loan so it's definitely good news it isn't. The only real difference for us though is that he will be available for games against them, whereas he wouldn't be if it had been a loan.

It also means they can't recall him when we go 20 points ahead of them at Christmas B)

Welcome to the club, hope you are good at dodging spears.