Callum Gallagher

That would be a deal between them and him, wouldn't have anything to do with us.

I think everyone was expecting this to be a loan so it's definitely good news it isn't. The only real difference for us though is that he will be available for games against them, whereas he wouldn't be if it had been a loan.

It's an interesting transfer anyway, and as has been said before I'm glad we got this guy instead of a Lee Miller/Antoine-Courier/Jon Daly type signing.

Murray said in the radio interview there is a limit of five loan signings so getting him permanently means we can still have another three if required.

Dunno if lower league clubs can still abuse the transfer system with "emergency" loans out with the windows.

Edited by Stu

Have I just read a five page long completely happy thread or a meringue? Never thought I'd see the day. The surname Gallagher got a wee suspicious mention but nothing OTT. And we know he's at least four inches taller than Messi so he's bound to score more goals than him. I've got a feeling, don't know why, that this is a good signing but then I'm an eternal optimist about St.Mirren which puts me among the monority.

Have I just read a five page long completely happy thread or a meringue? Never thought I'd see the day. The surname Gallagher got a wee suspicious mention but nothing OTT. And we know he's at least four inches taller than Messi so he's bound to score more goals than him. I've got a feeling, don't know why, that this is a good signing but then I'm an eternal optimist about St.Mirren which puts me among the monority.

Not completely happy. Ras Al Ghul doesn't rate him after following his career 'extensively'.

I'm guessing he's seeing us as a stepping stone where he can play regularly and get a bigger club next summer. Nothing wrong with that.

This is the thing: we will only ever be a stepping stone. Whether we're in the Championship, or finishing third in the top flight (I know, I know), most players will use us to develop themselves and get a bigger and better gig elsewhere. The best we can do is to be the best possible way for them to develop (hence Murray's comments about the facilities being a great draw for players) and hope that we get the pick of the young, hungry talent.

As against the 'moronity'?

Aye, we've got our fair share of chanty wrastlers but I prefer not to give them the oxygen of publicity.

I read your post several times but still had no idea what a chanty wrastler was. I thought it was an anagram. Brewed a coffee and tried to figure it out. No joy.

Google was my friend. Eventually. You bassa!

Murray said in the radio interview there is a limit of five loan signings so getting him permanently means we can still have another three if required.

Dunno if lower league clubs can still abuse the transfer system with "emergency" loans out with the windows.

I believe you are only allowed 3 on loan at the one time (but can loan 5 players over the course of a season). Not sure if this is just from Scottish clubs or UK (i.e. whether or not Conlan being on Loan from Burnley and McMullan from Celtic means we already have 2 out of 3. Good that we got the boy on a permanent deal though.

I believe you are only allowed 3 on loan at the one time (but can loan 5 players over the course of a season). Not sure if this is just from Scottish clubs or UK (i.e. whether or not Conlan being on Loan from Burnley and McMullan from Celtic means we already have 2 out of 3. Good that we got the boy on a permanent deal though.

Over the border loans don't count.

Murray said last night that he didn't want to use up all five potential Scottish loans all at once, as he might need a couple in January.

That would suggest that you could have all five at once.

Hadn't heard of him before, but seems to have done well in a short stint at Cowden last season. Five goals in ten games. Glad its a permanent deal, would be superb if he scored on Friday.

Hopefully there's no gentlemans agreement which mean he can't play then. The sevco seethe would be epic.

if he is not a loan which i know he isnot then there is no way rangers can try and stop him playing we have signed him on a contract