Return Of The Ginger Ninja?

Lord Pityme

Samson would be a great signing. He's easily the best keeper we've had since Campbell Money. Ridgers is dodgy, bring Samson back and forget about Clangers!!

Samson's best spell as a keeper is with us no doubt but he left us over wages and a driving ban

I cannot see him recapturing his previous form with us

I liked Samson when he was with us, seldom did much wrong other than a really bad record at conceding from free kicks.

Don't think there is a lot to choose from between Langfield and Samson. Both are better than what we have, no offence to Ridgers.

Don't know the detail but is Langfield still under contract? If so he would be a bit rash to drop down from whatever wedge Aberdeen are paying him. Samson on the other hand could come to us if Killie part pay him off???

Edit: just found Langfield under contract till next summer. Can only guess it would be a big drop to come to us, where as Samson could be within our means.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25033095

Edited by Lord Pityme

Don't know the detail but is Langfield still under contract? If so he would be a bit rash to drop down from whatever wedge Aberdeen are paying him. Samson on the other hand could come to us if Killie part pay him off???

Edit: just found Langfield under contract till next summer. Can only guess it would be a big drop to come to us, where as Samson could be within our means.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25033095

The difference in him coming or not i think, is how hungry he is to begin his coaching and once again challenge for the number one jersey. Location wise, he has been up north for mostbof his career, though his roots are here.

I still have no doubts that he would be first pick for most teams outside the top 4/5 top clubs in the spl.

The difference in him coming or not i think, is how hungry he is to begin his coaching and once again challenge for the number one jersey. Location wise, he has been up north for mostbof his career, though his roots are here.

I still have no doubts that he would be first pick for most teams outside the top 4/5 top clubs in the spl.

But his home is up there.

Ditto - better the devil you know - Samson would be great in the championship - people are quick to forget he got regular Scotland call ups while at Saints, something that happened far less at Killie.

Indeed, Scotland call ups ahead of Langfield.

He's a better goalie IMO, would be a fantastic signing. Hopefully the manager is making enquiries.

Indeed, Scotland call ups ahead of Langfield.

He's a better goalie IMO, would be a fantastic signing. Hopefully the manager is making enquiries.

I guess it depends if he fancies coaching or not.

Edit: unless we hire a part time goalie coach.

Edited by ulysses

To be honest, I'm struggling to get my head round why anyone would think Samson would be anything other than a very solid signing. I'd be more than happy to see him back in the stripes....er, lurid pink!

He would be a solid signing. If Langfield fell through and Samson signed instead, I would be happy to give him a fair go. I think Langfield could be the better option in regard to experience and coaching 'going forward'.... Fcuk, I hate that phrase.

There's no doubt in my mind that Samson is the better goalkeeper, but Murray wants a player coach, and his quote from the "meet that manager" evening suggests that he wants someone who would be happy to be a coach first and a player 2nd. I'm not sure that Langfield or Samson fit that bill. They both have years left in them as a number 1 and, in my opinion, wouldn't find it hard to get a gig in the Premier League.