Re-Sign Marc Mcausland

Still not getting your point.

What relevance does the fact that I thought that Chris Innes was a better player have to do with this?

Innes is retired now. 1eye.gif

Btw, I also thought Broadfoot, Haining, Cuthbert & McGregor were better.

I even thought Rio Ferdinand was better.

But all irrelevant to my post.

You'll need to try better btb tongue.png

Because five years ago you were arguing (wrongly) that he wasn't even good enough for QotS whereas when he came back to Saints he featured in one of only four Saints teams to win a major trophy and our two highest league finishes in 28(?) years and counting...............

McAausland was a young player on the upcurve of his career whereas Innes was on the downslide of his, it doesn't matter what other players you name in order to confuse the argument, Lennon made the right choice five years ago.

So this player we were often told would walk into any SPFL defence with the exception of Celtic

Where is he? Apparently heading for India

Says it all

He could walk into many SPFL teams.

All League 1 and League 2 sides no problem .

And probably get a contract with

a few Championship and Premiership

Clubs.

I would have him back at St Mirren and made Captain also.

Legend

Because five years ago you were arguing (wrongly) that he wasn't even good enough for QotS whereas when he came back to Saints he featured in one of only four Saints teams to win a major trophy and our two highest league finishes in 28(?) years and counting...............

McAausland was a young player on the upcurve of his career whereas Innes was on the downslide of his, it doesn't matter what other players you name in order to confuse the argument, Lennon made the right choice five years ago.

You are making out here like McAusland is Gerard Pique! lol.gif:

And its actually YOU who is confusing the issue here by mentioning Chris Innes.

Chris Innes was a St. Mirren player the season before Lennon brought McAusland back. He is irrelevant to the point you are making. You are confusing 2 separate seasons.

It doesn't really matter if Innes was on a downward curve - he was on a 1 year contract and did a decent job for that 1 season.

The issue is whether there were any central defenders out there that were better than McAusland that Lennon could have signed when he did or on the seasons after that...

Without knowing those names that Lennon could have signed, how can you possibly know if he made the correct decision?

And my point here is that I think McAusland could do a decent job as a back up central defender to Baird & Kelly in the Championship. That's a bit different to me saying that I think he's a first choice Premiership defender!

You've had a few attempts now on this thread to attempt to score point against me... but as always... you have failed! tongue.png

Edited by nosferatu

Marc's time at the club has came and gone. He has served us well through the years. I think he would agree himself some of his performances haven't been great but overall was unfairly the scape goat for most of our fans, at times myself included.

Good luck to a honest guy and a saints legend!

Marc's time at the club has came and gone. He has served us well through the years. I think he would agree himself some of his performances haven't been great but overall was unfairly the scape goat for most of our fans, at times myself included.

Good luck to a honest guy and a saints legend!

Saints Leg end maybe

Legend?

I think Baird and Kelly will grow into a very good partnership. An old head in front of them would make all the difference to their development.

Baird is excellent, if he was playing alongside a webster type centre half he'll get better and better.

You are making out here like McAusland is Gerard Pique! lol.gif:

And its actually YOU who is confusing the issue here by mentioning Chris Innes.

Chris Innes was a St. Mirren player the season before Lennon brought McAusland back. He is irrelevant to the point you are making. You are confusing 2 separate seasons.

It doesn't really matter if Innes was on a downward curve - he was on a 1 year contract and did a decent job for that 1 season.

The issue is whether there were any central defenders out there that were better than McAusland that Lennon could have signed when he did or on the seasons after that...

Without knowing those names that Lennon could have signed, how can you possibly know if he made the correct decision?

And my point here is that I think McAusland could do a decent job as a back up central defender to Baird & Kelly in the Championship. That's a bit different to me saying that I think he's a first choice Premiership defender!

You've had a few attempts now on this thread to attempt to score point against me... but as always... you have failed! tongue.png

As I said at the time McAusland played more games for QotS than Innes did for St. Mirren, McPherson made his, by then customary mistake, when he freed a young player (McAusland) and signed a journeyman player on the downslide of his career (Innes), Lennon, whether by choice or circumstances got things right when he brought McAusland back.

There's no confusion in my recollection of events I'm just pointing out that your slavish devotion to GM has come back to bite you on the arse.

Get him back for Tuesday and for at least the rest of the Season.

Bloody ridiculous him sitting in the Stand when he is desperately needed on the Pitch.

I see where you're going Shull. Make sure we get double relegated and you'll get your wish of part time team and a fiver entry.

Good one, son of Baldrick.

post-7588-0-56893500-1439921180_thumb.jp.