Re-Sign Marc Mcausland

nonsence, legend in your mind maybe, never a Saints legend..Tony Fitzy is a legend, Hugh Murray is a legend...to even break breath about McAusland with these guys is insulting them...legend my arse...

Nonsense, you're clearly in a minority here. The tables at my wedding were named after the '87 Cup winning team. I've no doubt Marc will feature likewise. Shuggy won't, sad but true.

To win a national trophy is the highest achievement possible for a Saints player, and he did it.

to win the cup was fantastic and was won as a team,but I wouldn't say that everybody who played that day would have got a game for any other team in the spl at that time ,but hey we won and they will be remembered forever by st Mirren fans but the report I read said mark wanted to go abroad so good luck to him in his next venture

Marc McCausland's career at St.Mirren was blighted by not having decent defenders to play along side!

And he was always over criticised by many a St.Mirren fan simply because of who his father was!

Marc had no control over who his dad was he is a nice lad and he did try his best every time he pulled on the jersey!

Marc will not be back at St.Mirren any time soon. And if he goes abroad to as some fans put it backwater football country like Mehmet did! Then he gets to play football and earn money while getting to see the world!

And how can you say backwater football country when the player in question already plays in the lower leagues in Scotland???

I'm glad people recognise the standard of the Boy's clubs in Paisley in the 80s as I played in them!

But I go to a job I hate 8 hours a day 5 days a week and Marc plays football for a living I hate my Dad!!!

Marc McCausland is a St.Mirren legend he won the cup with us he's as much a Legend as Hamilton Mcdowal and Winney were in the 1987 Scottish cup winning team!

Good luck to him what ever he does in the future!

HOW many on this forum have played or won a national trophy for St.Mirre?

Marc Did!

Marc McCausland's career at St.Mirren was blighted by not having decent defenders to play along side!

Really? Darren McGregor went on to sign for "Rangers" and is now at Hibs. If you believe some St Mirren fans the very existence of St Mirren now rests on Jim Goodwin. Lee Mair went on to play at Partick Thistle, and Dumbarton and only dropped down to Marc McAuslands level to be an Assistant Manager at Stranraer.

McAuslands career was blighted by the fact he was nowhere near good enough for the top flight - nothing more, nothing less.

Not only is McAusland a Saints cup winning legend, he greatly contributed to us even being in the final with him moving nicely out wide, receiving a ball from Teale, looking up, and playing in a delightful cross for Thommo to hammer into the bottom corner.... To effectively kill off Celtic in the Semi Final.

Fact. If he had done nothing else in that cup run, he did that. Actually, it's a 'honey of a goal'.... Copyright Archie MacPherson, 1-4 at Tannadeechy.

When I look at the 1926 cup winning team, I know absolutely hee haw about the individual abilities of the players, only that collectively, they have attained legendary status.

Are they all individual legends? I guess that point is up for debate as it is now, but their collective achievement was legendary and that can never be taken away from them or denied.

Really? Darren McGregor went on to sign for "Rangers" and is now at Hibs. If you believe some St Mirren fans the very existence of St Mirren now rests on Jim Goodwin. Lee Mair went on to play at Partick Thistle, and Dumbarton and only dropped down to Marc McAuslands level to be an Assistant Manager at Stranraer.

McAuslands career was blighted by the fact he was nowhere near good enough for the top flight - nothing more, nothing less.

f**k sake McGregor is on the bench for Hibs and as for Lee Mair just naw!! Try again...

When I look at the 1926 cup winning team, I know absolutely hee haw about the individual abilities of the players, only that collectively, they have attained legendary status.

Are they all individual legends? I guess that point is up for debate as it is now, but their collective achievement was legendary and that can never be taken away from them or denied.

I don't know much about the individual credentials of the 1959 team, as I wasn't born. I've heard stories, but we are better placed to discuss the players we have witnessed with our own eyes. Even then, there is no definitive version of a player's merit. The case in point being Robert Dawson regularly cropping up in many people's 'worst Saints' teams. I remember Robert Dawson as being alright.

In time, Cheesy becomes a group member of the 2013 Cup Winning Legendary team... Just like the 1926 guys. Individual skills / deficiencies will be long forgotten, they will all just be faces and names on the team photo.

Bloody depressing thought. Better start planning the music I want played at my own funeral... Fcuking Coldplay probably.

Yes Mr Dickson I will give Darren McGregor as a good defender but also have to say he was injured twice in his St.Mirren career and spent a very long time recovering from injuries!

And yes Mair left for a lower league team Partick at the time.

Yes you are correct he played part time football at a team managed by Ian Murray!

And how often did Danny Lennon play Mair?

Goodwin was and never will be a defender!

Players he played with... Potter,McGregor, 40 odd year old Andy Millen, Genev,or Goodwin played out of position!

Millen and McGregor were decent but the rest good?

And for the record Marc was a better player than Mair IMO!!

Edited by leolovesstmfc

I don't know much about the individual credentials of the 1959 team, as I wasn't born. I've heard stories, but we are better placed to discuss the players we have witnessed with our own eyes. Even then, there is no definitive version of a player's merit. The case in point being Robert Dawson regularly cropping up in many people's 'worst Saints' teams. I remember Robert Dawson as being alright.

In time, Cheesy becomes a group member of the 2013 Cup Winning Legendary team... Just like the 1926 guys. Individual skills / deficiencies will be long forgotten, they will all just be faces and names on the team photo.

Bloody depressing thought. Better start planning the music I want played at my own funeral... Fcuking Coldplay probably.

Cannie wait. snore.gif

• 1 year later...
On 01/04/2017 at 11:58 PM, Julian Banjos said:

I see that Marc is just about to start his second season at the Icelandic Division 2 club, Keflavik. Wonder if he'll stick around for awhile. There are a few Scots up there. The most well-known maybe Steven Lennon, who was at Ibrox as a youngster and has been in Iceland for 7 years now.

He is captain for Keflavik and enjoying life out there.He is learning the language and looking forward to the new season.Playing the game he loves in a country which football wise is booming.Whats not to like.Cant wait to go out there to see him.

• 4 months later...