Renfrew Juniors

HSS

They are playing The Burgh.

Once saw the one and only Ally McLeod bang in five against the Burgh in an 8 - 0 victory for the Frew at Western Park. He signed for the Buds not too long afterwards.

Wonder if the new ground will be called 'New Western Park' or since it is located a few hundred yards up the road from the original maybe it should be called 'Even Further Western Park'.

Once saw the one and only Ally McLeod bang in five against the Burgh in an 8 - 0 victory for the Frew at Western Park. He signed for the Buds not too long afterwards.

Wonder if the new ground will be called 'New Western Park' or since it is located a few hundred yards up the road from the original maybe it should be called 'Even Further Western Park'.

I was there too... mainly playing 'Best man's fall' along with an army of other kids on the big grass bank behind the far goal.

I was there too... mainly playing 'Best man's fall' along with an army of other kids on the big grass bank behind the far goal.

Them were the days !

You, like me, probably skipped in and used the entrance money your maw gave you to go to Jimmy Airlie's for a cone or a poke of chips from the chippy on the corner at half time.

Eight goals, watching a future St Mirren hero, carrying on with your pals plus something to eat on nice summer evening (probably about this time of year - think it was a Monday when they used to play three League Cup sectional games each week !! ) - what more could you ask for - except maybe a return to the simple world of football before agents, transfer windows, loans, Sunday lunchtime kick-offs, etc, etc.

Edited by 3 moffat buds

It is New Western Park ! :-)

I was there , quite a few junior "legends" on the pitch that day too apart from Ally. For the Frew , Jimmy McQuade (Cambuslang , Arthurlie) , Norrie Pate , Jim Donald (QOS) and good old Ossie Louden. For the Burgh , the very scary Phil Boylan , and of course Alan McGraw !

eta My pals Granda, Tommy Barrie Snr , was the Frew manager !

Edited by billyg

I was there , quite a few junior "legends" on the pitch that day too apart from Ally. For the Frew , Jimmy McQuade (Cambuslang , Arthurlie) , Norrie Pate , Jim Donald (QOS) and good old Ossie Louden. For the Burgh , the very scary Phil Boylan , and of course Alan McGraw !

eta My pals Granda, Tommy Barrie Snr , was the Frew manager !

Compared to Boylan, Aber would be considered a choirboy !

If this topic continues for a while the number of guys attending this match might rival the number of Sellic fans that claim 'I was there in Seville'.

Why is Ra still being allowed to post on this?

Why not?

He got a pile of abuse for saying he didn't rate junior football.

Why are you still allowed to post?

An astoundingly response from a "mod" as it shows an isolated look at posts rather than the whole picture.

Failing to see this was "trolling" and putting it into a "stating his view on junior football" is frankly a joke.

This latest clown was banned a few weeks ago, probably because he made his consistent level of posts in a "touchy subject" yet returns and continues to be allowed to post the same stuff when , admittedly, a normally decent poster "reacts" badly seems to be seen in the same light? 1eye.gif It was pointed out, as soon as he returned, this would continue but the "let him do what he want's" approach was taken, yet again, as it seems it's so hard to make a decision to get rid. lol.gif

It also seems when you PM a mod it's also get's ignored, too much trouble to respond, another astounding situation, as is mods "ignoring" certain posters. How can a balanced decision be made when the whole picture isn't seen? thumbdown.gif

Anyway, that's my view. rolleyes.gif

An astoundingly response from a "mod" as it shows an isolated look at posts rather than the whole picture.

Failing to see this was "trolling" and putting it into a "stating his view on junior football" is frankly a joke.

This latest clown was banned a few weeks ago, probably because he made his consistent level of posts in a "touchy subject" yet returns and continues to be allowed to post the same stuff when , admittedly, a normally decent poster "reacts" badly seems to be seen in the same light? 1eye.gif It was pointed out, as soon as he returned, this would continue but the "let him do what he want's" approach was taken, yet again, as it seems it's so hard to make a decision to get rid. lol.gif

It also seems when you PM a mod it's also get's ignored, too much trouble to respond, another astounding situation, as is mods "ignoring" certain posters. How can a balanced decision be made when the whole picture isn't seen? thumbdown.gif

Anyway, that's my view. rolleyes.gif

I read your PM but didn't reply incase you "would fall out with me"....

"Fall out with me?" How old are you? 8?

Maybe I should adopt a fans council attitude and tell you that if you don't like it, f**k off somewhere else?

Not my style though, chill out and don't let a football forum get to you as much.

Anyway, I hope Renfrew get a good crowd today. Decent game for the opening fixture, might pop down with the wee fella.

Edited by davidg

Why not?

He got a pile of abuse for saying he didn't rate junior football.

Why are you still allowed to post?

He came on to abuse Junior football and anybody who supports it.

Junior section was for fans of Junior football not pathetic trolls who know nothing about it.

Good day for the game.

Looking forward to a nice walk from Erskine followed by a couple of beers then a good game of football.

Good luck to both teams for their season and to the Saints who I actually like and admire.

A certain poster brought out the worst in me and ended up abusing a decent club which I'm not proud of.

Anyway a new season of hope and no doubt broken hearts begin for us all!!