Stevie Mallan

12 goals in 52 appearances is a pretty good return from a 19 year old midfielder, got me wondering how it compares to Mclean and Mcginn...

Mclean has 28 goals from 214 career appearances and McGinn has 8 goals from 125 career apperances.

Good few of McLeans goals were penalties too. He's a more natural goal scoring midfielder than either of them.

One thing I love about Mallan is that he does not hide. I have little time for those that do the 'safe' thing that gets us nowhere ie wee side and back passes. Mallan tries things and they do not always come off but give me a trier anytime :)

McGinn offered a lot more in an all round sense. i would take either of kenny or John before Stevie at the moment but in 2 years or so he has the potential to go further than those 2 have at this point

Yeh agree with that, it's easier to develop the attributes that McGinn and Mclean had than to get a player to start scoring goals though. Couldn't believe that Mcginn only scored 4 goals for us, he's matched that this season already at Hibs...unless the stats are wrong.

Edited by irvine_buddie

One thing I love about Mallan is that he does not hide. I have little time for those that do the 'safe' thing that gets us nowhere ie wee side and back passes. Mallan tries things and they do not always come off but give me a trier anytime :)

This.

Over the past 2 years we have had too many players looking to pass the buck just so they can get rid of the ball.

Some people will only appreciate how good Mallan was for us, after he's left us. Similar to McLean and McGinn.

That is very true.

I have been crying myself to sleep every night for years, since David Elliot left.

He was the Paisley Rivelino.

Great performance again from Mallan.

Thank fuck we have him.

Absolutely. He's our best player by a distance.

He wins football matches, he's did it for us before and he did it today.

Imagine where we would be if he didn't play for us? Scary stuff.

Edited by TopCat

Mallan along with Jack Baird were the best two players on the park yesterday.

Aside from that, all four new signings looked very good as well.

Aye, Baird just pipped Mallan for my MotM.

Irvine still looks a bit off the pace, but improved in the second half (likewise Clarkson).

What was particularly pleasing was the centre of defence looking solid. We now have options there, with Baird having a great showing, and Kelly doing well when he came on. We also have the option of Watson moving into the centre of defence when Naismith is back, and there are now viable options at the back.

Back to back wins at home should be a huge confidence boost for the younger lads, and will help the new players settle in.