Stevie Mallan

How did Lambert fare in the equivalent of the Championship against Raith Rovers et al?

Did he still carve out a not too terrible career?

Why do you think things should automatically be easier for a young player in a lower division... Where there is less time on the ball and a damned sight more crude tackles to contend with?

Well cause they are playing against painters and office workers who train twice a week for a couple of hours at Benburb ground for starters.

You'd think anyone calling themselves a "full time footballer" training at a £multi million training academy with loads of pretty SFA star stickers on it would have a bit of an advantage :rolleyes: It certainly hasn't hindered Mallans contemporaries like Liam Henderson, Jason Cummings, Will Vaulkes, Peter Grant and Lewis Kidd.

Tell me Brian at what point do you stop making excuses for the poor performances and ineptitude of this "valuable asset"?

Well cause they are playing against painters and office workers who train twice a week for a couple of hours at Benburb ground for starters.

You'd think anyone calling themselves a "full time footballer" training at a £multi million training academy with loads of pretty SFA star stickers on it would have a bit of an advantage :rolleyes: It certainly hasn't hindered Mallans contemporaries like Liam Henderson, Jason Cummings, Will Vaulkes, Peter Grant and Lewis Kidd.

Tell me Brian at what point do you stop making excuses for the poor performances and ineptitude of this "valuable asset"?

You didn't reply to my point about Lambert.

One thing at a time please Stuart.

Lambert chucked it in his last year at St Mirren.

Disgraceful behaviour by a so called Professional especially when we desperately needed him to be 100%.

That is why he ended up at Motherwell first, before moving on to greater things.

No respect for him.

Who is Lewis Kidd? I keep seeing his name mentioned on here as some sort of wunderkid.

Who is Lewis Kidd? I keep seeing his name mentioned on here as some sort of wunderkid.

He's someone who our esteemed chum claims turned round Queen of the South's season a few years back, despite them already doing quite well and Kidd starting about two games.

Does it matter what Stu says/thinks?

I'm astonished anyone takes what he posts on board let alone let it run and run.

Aye, it does.

Lambert chucked it in his last year at St Mirren.

Disgraceful behaviour by a so called Professional especially when we desperately needed him to be 100%.

That is why he ended up at Motherwell first, before moving on to greater things.

No respect for him.

The year before he went to Motherwell, Dundee United offered £500k for Lambert.

The deal didn't happen because his wife didn't want to move to Dundee, away from her family.

The following season, we were in so much financial trouble that the bank forced us to accept an offer of £50k from Motherwell ( plus Jim Gardner).

You'd think anyone calling themselves a "full time footballer" training at a £multi million training academy with loads of pretty SFA star stickers on it would have a bit of an advantage rolleyes.gif It certainly hasn't hindered Mallans contemporaries like Liam Henderson, Jason Cummings, Will Vaulkes, Peter Grant and Lewis Kidd.

or has itwhistling.gif

Mallan is also not reaching the levels of McGinn and McLean in a lower league - often playing against part time footballers. McGinn didn't draw any other interest other than from a reasonably well supported club in a tier lower to where he had been playing and McLean, as Div points out, was always woefully inconsistent at Paisley.

I'd have bitten off Dundee hand for the reported £60k for Mallan. Clearly Hartley is a bigger mug than I even had him marked for

Let's just look at their prospective output at the club:

McGinn, 2014/15 - 33 games, 0 goals, 1 assist

2013/14 - 38 games, 3 goals, 4 assists

2012/13 - 27 games, 1 goal, 2 assist

McLean 2014/15 - 29 games, 7 goals, 1 assists

2013/14 - 34 games, 7 goals, 6 assists

2012/13 - 33 games, 6 goals, 3 assists

2011/12 - 33 games, 4 goals, 0 assists

Mallan 2014/15 - 36 games, 11 goals, 5 assist (Championship)

2014/15 - 25 games, 4 goals, 5 assists (Premiership)

Last season, Mallan was - in the Premiership, after making his debut in mid October - involved in the same number of goals as McLean and McGinn combined.

At the age Mallan is now, McLean got 4 goals, 0 assists in 33 games, in a higher league, but also with better players around him. Mallan is expected to be the main man in this team having only just turned 20.

At the age Mallan is now, McGinn got 1 goal and 2 assists in 27 games, in a higher league, but with better players around him.

To say that Mallan hasn't reached the levels of the other two is nonsensical. Mallan's output stands alongside that of McLean, and far outweighs McGinn's, albeit McGinn is a different type of player - still a midfielder.

Let's appreciate a real talent while he's here, cos he won't be here too much longer if we don't get our finger out and get out of this league. I'd say summer 2017 he'll be away, and some will finally start to realise what a talent we had.

EDIT: To be clear, the games are total games for the season, league and cups.

Edited by Soctty

Last season, Mallan was - in the Premiership, after making his debut in mid October - involved in the same number of goals as McLean and McGinn combined.

At the age Mallan is now, McLean got 4 goals, 0 assists in 33 games, in a higher league, but also with better players around him. Mallan is expected to be the main man in this team having only just turned 20.

At the age Mallan is now, McGinn got 1 goal and 2 assists in 27 games, in a higher league, but with better players around him.

To say that Mallan hasn't reached the levels of the other two is nonsensical. Mallan's output stands alongside that of McLean, and far outweighs McGinn's, albeit McGinn is a different type of player - still a midfielder.

Let's appreciate a real talent while he's here, cos he won't be here too much longer if we don't get our finger out and get out of this league. I'd say summer 2017 he'll be away, and some will finally start to realise what a talent we had.

Hmm....there was another ex Saint midfielder that had stats that appeared to have St Mirren fans making a mess of their pants. Andy Dorman. Remember him? Went to Crystal Palace before plummeting through the English leagues. What a talent huh?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

None of which describes me. I'm very much on topic, I'm posting MY VIEW of an overhyped footballer who hasn't been very good in a league full of shite and I'm not expecting any argument since I'm absolutely correct.

You on the other hand are clearly off topic and trying desperately to provoke a response which stupidly I have given you. Well done on your trolling :rolleyes:

Hmm....there was another ex Saint midfielder that had stats that appeared to have St Mirren fans making a mess of their pants. Andy Dorman. Remember him? Went to Crystal Palace before plummeting through the English leagues. What a talent huh?

I didn't think you'd crumble this quickly when challenged, to be honest. I'll be gentler next time... thumbup2.gif

EDIT: I won't really... wink.png

Edited by Soctty

Ssssssssssh! Keep Mallan's stats on the down-low till the offers top 500k.