Morton V St Mirren Championship

shull

They feel sorry we have a modern all seater stadia wtf? We have a training ground and the dome for wild weather. I guess morton have a dreadful dilapidated stadium, train on a public park and have no indoor facilities. Regardless of who wins tomorrow st.mirren are light years ahead.

Spot on.

20 years ago there wasn't that much between the two clubs in terms of facilities. Both had very tired but atmospheric stadia, no training facilities and both clubs were generally a bit of a mess.

Back to the current day and Morton haven't moved on one bit. Our stadium may lack atmosphere but Cappielow is a crumbling wreck and we're miles ahead as a club.

Thanks for the sympathy but it's a clear wind up. We may think we're shite and have got problems at times, but we only need to look at Morton to see how far we've progressed as a club.

Edited by Edinbuddie

Spot on.

20 years ago there wasn't that much between the two clubs in terms of facilities. Both had very tired but atmospheric stadia, no training facilities and both clubs were generally a bit of a mess.

Back to the current day and Morton haven't moved on one bit. Our stadium may lack atmosphere but Cappielow is a crumbling wreck and we're miles ahead as a club.

Thanks for the sympathy but it's a clear wind up. We may think we're shite and have got problems at times, but we only need to look at Morton to see how far we've progressed as a club.

Not a wind up, I remember sitting and looking at the the side of the pitch with the grey wall and thinking, that looks terrible. Atmosphere no where near what Love Street was - it was like the soul had been ripped out of St Mirren. Of course it has happened to many clubs, half empty all seated stadiums are a curse.

Morton v St Mirren games at Cappielow are something that both sets of fans should enjoy. Yeah the stadium is falling apart, but most football people aknowledge that when the ground is full it's a great place to watch a game of football. For that reason I expected easily over 2k away supporters.

Based on historic results, I expect St Mirren to win. Morton haven't strengthened anywhere near enough after promotion, and will also have 2 (possibly 3) key players missing with injury.

Enjoy the game.. and if you do win, well, I hope it rains at least!

excited for the game tonight...TV for me but I will be in Paisley in November.

Last St Mirren V Morton game I attended was in 1983. Scottish Cup...4-3 to us.

McAvennie on fire for Saints....Pettigrew scored in last minute at Love St end to set up scary end to the game.

Same outcome tonight would be grand.

First Derby I'm missing in years due to my new born lad. Thank god it's on the TV.

Can't believe Morton have made it all ticket for St Mirren fans only, can only lose them money in the long run.

Prediction 3-1 Saints with Ton taking an early lead

Maybe so, but one of the last grounds with a bit of character I have to admit. As Slash says, Cappielow was even better when we were giving it large in the Cowshed.

Aye, but since we got banished to the Wee Dublin end & cannae stand in the cowshed it's been shite at Cappielow as well.

Cappielow is a disgrace of a stadium, it's a health and safety hazard more than anything. If it's raining tonight there will be someone who slips on those wee shitey plastic benches that everyone ends up standing on. 'Character' indeed.

Back to the actual game, I think the importance of this as a league match has definitely been lost amongst the fever. Understandably in a way, this is the second biggest derby in Scotland this season.

We really need a result here, if we were to start a league campaign where we were hoping to be challenging up the top of the table with 3 consecutive defeats.... Yeah we need to get something, a point would do just to get us on the board, a win would be great. A defeat and the murmurs of discontent will become an audible din.

We certainly can't afford a first half performance like the ones we've had already this season. Remarkably we have conceded the first goal in every single one of our four competitive games, and every one has been inside the first half hour. We seem incapable of starting a game well for some reason, that needs to change this evening.

We might be able to get ourselves out of jail against teams like Berwick and Annan after starting poorly. We can't against Championship level sides, as results have shown.

I think I will go for a dirty and competitive 1-1.

Unable to either go to the match or watch on tv, hoping for the best but anticipating a defeat unfortunately.Very unimpressed with Ian Murray so far after his initial appointment.

Signings are of poor quality despite the insistence of charging Premier league admission prices.

Fingers crossed for much needed improvement.

I hope the 19:07 train has about 42 carriages as I am lead to believe the Buckfast Express will be heaving.....!!!!!!!!

El Gingero, hope your not hacking my text messages as I have been calling tonight's train The Buckfast Express for weeks.

7 of us on said train tonight.

Not a wind up, I remember sitting and looking at the the side of the pitch with the grey wall and thinking, that looks terrible. Atmosphere no where near what Love Street was - it was like the soul had been ripped out of St Mirren. Of course it has happened to many clubs, half empty all seated stadiums are a curse.

Morton v St Mirren games at Cappielow are something that both sets of fans should enjoy. Yeah the stadium is falling apart, but most football people aknowledge that when the ground is full it's a great place to watch a game of football. For that reason I expected easily over 2k away supporters.

Based on historic results, I expect St Mirren to win. Morton haven't strengthened anywhere near enough after promotion, and will also have 2 (possibly 3) key players missing with injury.

I agree that our ground isn't great for atmosphere and is a bit soulless, but I take it that you've never taken in a game from behind the goal at the away end? No roof and no atmosphere, so I can tell you that games at Cappielow aren't that great to watch for away supports.

Over 1,300 is a pretty good turnout considering that we'll play 6 games during the month of August.

Agreed that it can be pretty soulless at times at St Mirren Park and it does draw you back in memory to how much the matchday experience at Love Street is missed, though we had to move financially and for the Main Stand falling to bits.

I like the fact that there are still many old school grounds like Cappielow as its something that we haven't really experienced in a while and it adds character and at a better atmosphere imo to the matchday experience.

I hear its to be dry tonight for a change in Greenock ;)

Speaking to a Greenock supporting acquaintance - he reckons there will be a ticket office open at the ground for away fans. They just didn't want loads of people queuing up outside pre-match for tickets.

If word gets round, I don't think we'll be too far short of 2k