Morton V St Mirren Championship

shull

Professional foul- surely that's a red then not a yellow?

Goodwin was the victim of a shocking challenge from mcluskey (?) that should've been a straight red. Throwing a protective arm/elbow up seemed reasonable.

Your previous post stated the red fir Conlan was harsh given your good view of it. Why are you now calling it a (w)reckless challenge?

No, a professional foul isn't necessarily a red card offence - more often than not it's a yellow eg. Three attackers against two defenders, one of the defenders gets skinned and pulls back the attacker - a clear booking, a 'professional foul', but it wouldn't be a red card if the remaining defender was goalside and in a position to make a challenge.

The sending off was wreckless, and having watched it on tv, given the height of the challenge, it probably was a red... although a soft red

That red is a shiter too.

Two major decisions in the game. The goal and the red card. We've been done on both of them.

And still, they can't beat us.

A measure of how far we have fallen. 3 shots on target in 90 minutes against Morton. Aside from Agnew shooting from outside the box have we got a goal threat this season?

I might be alone in this but I thought we were f'king shite. Maybe I've just got high standards or expected us to be able to compete better in this league.

Don't get me wrong I think our goal should have stood and Conlon shouldn't have been sent off, both major decisions.

However, once again we sat so deep and just invite pressure onto ourselves. Don't get me wrong Langfield and Goodwin made a massive different to the team in comparison to the last two league games, but overall there's no drive in the team.

Conlon and Howieson are never going to make it up here, they don't have the balls for it. The length of time it took Howieson to walk off when being subbed!

I went into the season expecting to at the very least be entertained, and hopefully get a top four finish.

Three games in and I'm bored out my tits.

Thompson's goal should have stood

Conlan challenge was a red card in 2015

Team looked a bit lightweight in open play, especially down LHS

Gallagher gives us more movement upfront than Thompson - the team needs to be rejigged if we want to play both of them at the same time. If we can only play one I'd start with Gallagher and use Thompson as a sub when the opposition is not so fresh.

if the opposition manager comes out and says it wasn't a red think it's fair to say it prob wasn't and it my opinion it was never a red card

Decent point in the end but poor decisions cost us, mainly just going with Thommo up alone. He needs help or we need width. Howieson plays far too central, we need someone to stick right out wide and swing crosses in, otherwise having Thommo is pointless.

Conlon, well bit unlucky with the red card but his overall game is rotten, positioning, tackling and passing are junior level at best. Get Kelly back out there if Webster comes in

Langfield and Goodwin were superb, their experience could be vital getting us back on track, we need points ASAP before we give ourselves too much to do for a top 4 spot

I might be alone in this but I thought we were f'king shite. Maybe I've just got high standards or expected us to be able to compete better in this league.

Don't get me wrong I think our goal should have stood and Conlon shouldn't have been sent off, both major decisions.

However, once again we sat so deep and just invite pressure onto ourselves. Don't get me wrong Langfield and Goodwin made a massive different to the team in comparison to the last two league games, but overall there's no drive in the team.

Conlon and Howieson are never going to make it up here, they don't have the balls for it. The length of time it took Howieson to walk off when being subbed!

I went into the season expecting to at the very least be entertained, and hopefully get a top four finish.

Three games in and I'm bored out my tits.

My feelings also

The squad isn't good enough

A big jump from development football to first team

The board must see this

My feelings also

The squad isn't good enough

A big jump from development football to first team

The board must see this

And if the Board do see it..........

What ?

Edited by shull

And if the Board do see it..........

What ?

Exactly, clubs like us either put the money in to the Academy or to the squad...cannae have both. It's not England, where even Championship and League One clubs get decent tv money and can mostly ignore their academy. I don't even think our younger players are the issue, it's starting XI that needs worked on. Howieson doesn't look like a left sided wide player for starters.

Two Morton players taken off injured after challenges from St Mirren players, and a St Mirren player sent off for a wreckless tackle. Decide for yourself which team were the dirtier.

It was actually Sir Thommo's challenges that led to injury on both occasions.

The CH's injury was due to the way that he hit the ground when he fell, after a 50/50 challenge.

Your 'keeper shat out of the challenge, rather than halving Thommo in two. Whereas Sir Thommo was fully committed to the challenge.

And it's "reckless".

With your four yellows to our one, plus a red, I'd think that both teams were equally culpable when it came to on field indiscipline.

Edited by FTOF

With Goodwin playing in front of the back four Agnew and Carswell should have been pushing forward and supporting thommo and they didn't. They sat far too deep and got in Goodwin's way. We had a better midfield when down to 10 men.

Carswell hasn't particularly impressed me so far. Steady but unimaginative. If Goodwin is playing then Carswell shouldn't. Agnew likes, and has, a good shot. I would play him a lot further forward just behind thommo but we seriously lack a playmaker.

Again, f**k off!

PM me where you want to chat 'big man'.

What a pitiful character you are. Threatening people on a football forum.

I await your message.

Who threatened you?

i simply pointedout the childish and cowardly comment that you wouldn't dare repeat to someone's face. Now THAT is pitiful

i'd never post anthing i wouldn't say to any of your faces

You'll be waiting a long while, but i won't succumb toyour bullying