Morton V St Mirren Championship

shull

I've read a few of the posts on here and I'm beginning to think I might have been at a different match last night. The Thompson goal was rightly chopped off. Baird fouled the Morton keeper, it was obvious. The referee was again 100% right to send Conlan off. That was a shocking tackle and the very definition of dangerous play. And the so called Morton "sending off" was nothing of the sort. He Morton man, McClusky I think, actually got to the ball first and cleanly and Goodwin clattered him on the head. Why the Morton player got a yellow card is anyones guess.

Watching the play on the park, Kelly's defending was poor - particularly when he allowed a Morton striker to get from behind him to put the ball wide. Baird's distribution out of defence was woeful. Up front St Mirren offered little and despite having a midfield 5, Morton dominated. Goodwin had a decent match, as did Langfield but the rest was just the usual dross .

Absolute pish. As usual.

Well that was rank rotten.

For the third league game in a row we have been outfought and that I refuse to accept. We were once again second to every ball, the team are not working hard enough.

This has been a poor start and I fear we are in for a poor season. Oh and why in the name of the Harry Monk do we insist on playing with one striker?

Tom Hendrie, now there was a man who knew this division!

Wrong alias tomwhistling.gif

You can bury your head in the sand if you want, blame referees and whatever, but the squad is piss poor, the performance was piss poor and right now the only question St Mirren fans should be asking is what is the club going to do to ensure staying up

That and were you the reason the stalls didn't have pies. Get there early did you?

You can bury your head in the sand if you want, blame referees and whatever, but the squad is piss poor, the performance was piss poor and right now the only question St Mirren fans should be asking is what is the club going to do to ensure staying up

That wasn't the point I was making. The goal was perfectly legitimate and highlighted your ignorance on that issue in bold. The referee made a complete arse of it. And vindicated by the camera behind the goal which showed both Baird and Gaston completely misjudging the flight of the ball. The ref actually did Gaston a favour by sparing his blushes at his glaring error.

I'll concede the the poor performance, it wasn't great but mitigating circumstances when you are playing with 10 men for 40 minutes. The jury is still out on the squad given that Murray is still trying to add to the squad. No one is burying heads in sand etc.

Edited by The Real Zippy

The goal was rightly ruled out for a foul on the keeper but the sending off looks slightly harsh given his studs weren't showing but had both those things happened to Morton we'd be applauding both decisions.

Amazing how blind "passion" can make you.

Eta. f**king autocorrecting PISH

Edited by oaksoft

The goal was rightly ruled out for a foul on the keeper but the sending off looks slightly harsh given his studs weren't showing but had both those things happened to Morton we'd be applauding both decisions.

Amazing how blind "passion" can make you.

Eta. f**king autocorrecting PISH

It isn't blind passion, it was clear as day to see on TV evidence that Baird didn't even touch Gaston. Even neutrals, including dear old Ray Charles commented on the ref's ineptness at that decision.

When Jim Duffy admits that the sending off was harsh then you start thinking whether the ref was too rash but these days you simply can't go in and show your studs.

The goal was rightly ruled out for a foul on the keeper but the sending off looks slightly harsh given his studs weren't showing

Exactly my thoughts.

It was a shame Baird fouled the keeper as he was getting nowhere near the ball.

Red card was soft, studs to the ground and no intent to injure.

https://twitter.com/dgaston_1/status/635121177887903745

That looks pretty awful from Thompson. Straight legged challenge, not a natural position in any way.. dangerous. That's another red.. more of a red than the one that was given!

Wreckless or cowardly - didn't have Thompson down as that kind of player.

Edited by See you next season

https://twitter.com/dgaston_1/status/635121177887903745

That looks pretty awful from Thompson. Straight legged challenge, not a natural position in any way.. dangerous. That's another red.. more of a red than the one that was given!

Wreckless or cowardly - didn't have Thompson down as that kind of player.

never mind the content, they'll be all over the spelling

Edited by beyond our ken

It isn't blind passion, it was clear as day to see on TV evidence that Baird didn't even touch Gaston. Even neutrals, including dear old Ray Charles commented on the ref's ineptness at that decision.

When Jim Duffy admits that the sending off was harsh then you start thinking whether the ref was too rash but these days you simply can't go in and show your studs.

Bird jumped at the keeper and had his arm on his shoulder. Take the tinted glasses off and see it for what it was FFS

I've read a few of the posts on here and I'm beginning to think I might have been at a different match last night. The Thompson goal was rightly chopped off. Baird fouled the Morton keeper, it was obvious. The referee was again 100% right to send Conlan off. That was a shocking tackle and the very definition of dangerous play. And the so called Morton "sending off" was nothing of the sort. He Morton man, McClusky I think, actually got to the ball first and cleanly and Goodwin clattered him on the head. Why the Morton player got a yellow card is anyones guess.

Watching the play on the park, Kelly's defending was poor - particularly when he allowed a Morton striker to get from behind him to put the ball wide. Baird's distribution out of defence was woeful. Up front St Mirren offered little and despite having a midfield 5, Morton dominated. Goodwin had a decent match, as did Langfield but the rest was just the usual dross .

I find myself in agreement with much of what the forum user who claims to support Motherwell had to say.