Morton V St Mirren Championship

shull

With the amount of times the ball landed on or over the roof during this game of hoofball, in the return game our ball boys would be better employed outside our ground instead of in it to avoid us running out of balls during the game huh.png

Bird jumped at the keeper and had his arm on his shoulder. Take the tinted glasses off and see it for what it was FFS

Who is Bird?

And no tinted specs either. Clear as day that Baird didn't touch him but we'll agree to disagree on that one.

Try and get the players names right. Then again you don't support Saints so we appreciate that its a wee bit difficult for you trying to identify individuals.

Bird jumped at the keeper and had his arm on his shoulder. Take the tinted glasses off and see it for what it was FFS

He never jumped at the keeper

They both went for the ball and both misjudged it

The keeper was nowhere near it and if any part of his hands made contact with the ball it's a foul

To me it's a goal

To me just confirms what I thought on the night, a needless attempt/foul by Baird.

Right arm comes across the keeper and while it's not exactly a hard contact keepers get almost everything.

Definitely NOT what I see from this clip. It clearly shows that Baird jumps well before their keeper gets near him and is looking in the direction of the ball. There is no attempt to impede him and, if anything, Gaston jumps into Jack when attempting to reach the ball.

Definitely NOT what I see from this clip. It clearly shows that Baird jumps well before their keeper gets near him and is looking in the direction of the ball. There is no attempt to impede him and, if anything, Gaston jumps into Jack when attempting to reach the ball.

^^^^^^ Should have gone to Specsavers.

You're wrang, I'm right, tattie bye.

You can't claim a foul just because you can't get both arms up. The rules don't state that a goalkeeper must be in a position to catch the ball at all times. Looking at the footage, Jack gets up and the keeper should be adapting to try a one fist punch. Jack didn't even have his arms up in the mythical flapping way to assist his jump. Final point, two players outwith the box jumping like that and it'd have been absolutely fine.

This happens every time there is a very clear decision given against Saints. The usual cunts come on here claiming they know better than everyone and it was in fact the correct decision. They really need to get out more.

It is a very clear goal.

^^^^^^ Should have gone to Specsavers.

You're wrang, I'm right, tattie bye.

Ur ye still there?

What part is "wrang"?

Did Baird not jump before Gaston?

Did Gaston not move toward Baird?

Was Baird looking in the direction of the oncoming Keeper?

Was Gaston there before Baird?

Are you a dick?

The latter is rhetorical by the way.whistling.gif

Yep, exactly as I stated too. Baird's jumped into the keeper, arm on his shoulder and it's a clear foul.

If your looking for bites then you've picked the wrong thread. What you see is a goal keeper basically shitting his breeks as he jumps up in a half hearted attempt at clutching a cross ball. If there was any contact whatsoever with young Jack Baird then it certainly wasn't anything other than minimal. It certainly wasn't contact that affected a keeper making what was in effect a poor attempt at coming for the cross.

That was a perfectly good goal, and a monumental game changing decision by a poor referee who made another huge mistake for the red card.

Both players misjudged the flight, with Baird attacking it and Gaston back pedalling. If Gaston had been an outfield player, that wouldn't be a foul.

Just because 2 players collide while going for a high ball in the box, it doesn't automatically make it a foul or a penalty.

If your looking for bites then you've picked the wrong thread. What you see is a goal keeper basically shitting his breeks as he jumps up in a half hearted attempt at clutching a cross ball. If there was any contact whatsoever with young Jack Baird then it certainly wasn't anything other than minimal. It certainly wasn't contact that affected a keeper making what was in effect a poor attempt at coming for the cross.

That was a perfectly good goal, and a monumental game changing decision by a poor referee who made another huge mistake for the red card.

As I've stated before on this very subject the puppet of a linesman only raised his flag once the referee had blown for a foul. Thommo shouted at the linesman twice asking why he raised his flag and deemed that a foul took place, the so called linesman/assistant referee ignored him on both occasions.

Having had time to reflect on Friday.....

• we still are not getting the breaks with some of the referee decisions, just like last season and that is worrying as things did not improve as the games went on
  • Conlon's sending off- Duffy was probably correct that he should have not walked, but the ref only had one look and it was an awful challenge and I was sure he would walk when I saw it firs time. He probably had had his best gaome up until that point
  • Thought Thommo was far more effective than previous games, won a lot of balls in air and intelligently laid it off, also better on the ball than of late
  • Mad, mental Langfield makes a huge difference at the back the way he talks to his defence. One or two wobbly moments but definitely a better bet at present than Ridgers
  • Morgan looked good again when he came on late and I was quite impressed by Gallagher this time around
  • Agnew was poor again, as Murray said previously he will be inconsistent
  • Thought we were much better when down to ten men.
  • First half let ourselves be dominated an bullied by Morton
  • Howieson was excellent earlier on an then faded
  • We look dangerous in attack but the age old problem of faffing about and indecision once we are forward
  • Did feel Morton exposed Kelly quite badly at time during the match
  • Livingston important matches now
  • Lost a bit of the optimism I had a few weeks ago, but still holding judgement on Muray until a month or so after transfer window ends

The previous worst midgie attack was at Bayview Park in the 1990's.

It was Fitzy's first match as Manager, second time around.

It may have been a B&Q Cup match, which we won.

The Waistcoat Era.

Stu Dickson likes farawaylol.giflol.giflol.gif

PS Goal should have stood

Certainly it should stood. What a half- hearted attempt by Gaston. Hardly jumped and looked scared. Remember when keepers dominated their areas?

I thought Jim Duffy spoke really well after the match. Give him credit. Nothing in the way of sour grapes. Despite the fact the goal was knocked off, if I was Duffy I'd be showing Gaston the footage and asking him wtf was he playing at.

PS. The real Gaston from Beauty and The Beast would have knocked the shite out of Baird and spat on him.