Frustration Mounts :too Early To Be Organised

Dumbarton who lost more players than us, and who we recruited our manager from,, so they were behind us having to get a new guy in started later to recruit players than we did.... And beat Hibs quite comprehensively.

Why should we accept to be less successful than them?

This is a must win game for our promotion hopes, and measure of our managers competence. Any kind of win will do, but we desperately need a win to build some confidence and belief. Second game in, first Six-Pointer.

It wasn't Murray that missed the penalty the other night. If that had gone in then different story.

Dumbarton who lost more players than us, and who we recruited our manager from,, so they were behind us having to get a new guy in started later to recruit players than we did.... And beat Hibs quite comprehensively.

Nothing like twisting facts to suit an agenda. They rode their luck more than a little against Hibs.

1 game has been played and your Dumbarton fixation reappears. This will be the Dumbarton that recently lost to East Fife? Well done against Hibs but 'comprehensively' beating them? I have no doubts that we will finish well above them this season.

Ned you do know thats our next game, don't you?

Its where our manager came from, the manager many posters on here have suggested for some time we should recruit! We have signed one of their star players, And its a club with a new manager whom may also have been an option for us to recruit. And in many posters eyes (not mine) they beat a team who we have no chance of surpassing.

And you keep commenting on MY posts.... So who's got the fixation..?

Nothing like twisting facts to suit an agenda. They rode their luck more than a little against Hibs.

Before a ball was kicked many on here insisted all but one team in the league would play second fiddle to them! When i bemoaned our new managers fractious start to the job and continued feet dragging in recruiting players, contrasted with Aitken who got his job after Murray, but still managed to get his squad assembled, whilst we wait.... Many on here rubbished who Dumbarton had recruited, insisting they were not good enough for ST Mirren.

Which is a little curious as many of the same posters still maintain we cant match Dumbarton for wages!

Before a ball was kicked many on here insisted all but one team in the league would play second fiddle to them! When i bemoaned our new managers fractious start to the job and continued feet dragging in recruiting players, contrasted with Aitken who got his job after Murray, but still managed to get his squad assembled, whilst we wait.... Many on here rubbished who Dumbarton had recruited, insisting they were not good enough for ST Mirren.

Which is a little curious as many of the same posters still maintain we cant match Dumbarton for wages!

Again. One decent result where they rode their luck doesn't mean they are world beaters or indeed, better than us.

I am still happily convinced we will be at least three places ahead of Dumbarton by the end of the season, in spite of your bleating.

Our manager isn't dragging his feet. He claimed that certain deals would be difficult to conclude before the last week in August. He has been completely transparent about this from the off so I don't understand any criticism being levelled at him in this regard. He's willing to wait for the exact people he wants in and won't compromise! Fair enough, we may toil through the month but I'm happy that long term, we're going to be in better nick than we were for the Premiership campaign last season.

Again. One decent result where they rode their luck doesn't mean they are world beaters or indeed, better than us.

I am still happily convinced we will be at least three places ahead of Dumbarton by the end of the season, in spite of your bleating.

Our manager isn't dragging his feet. He claimed that certain deals would be difficult to conclude before the last week in August. He has been completely transparent about this from the off so I don't understand any criticism being levelled at him in this regard. He's willing to wait for the exact people he wants in and won't compromise! Fair enough, we may toil through the month but I'm happy that long term, we're going to be in better nick than we were for the Premiership campaign last season.

You are missing my point which is... Given our resources, our facilities, our set up which our manager and board scream from the roof tops is second to none in this league... Why do some on here still accept "it might take a couple of seasons to rebuild"

dumbarton, Sevco, Hearts and most teams in this league have "re-built" and do it every summer, with a january top up... How come it will take us so, so much longer.?

We have a few key pieces of the jigsaw left to put in place but I still think better to wait for the right players rather than dive in and sign just anybody.

That is the tactic that effectively got us relegated last season.

The squad will greatly benefit from an experienced goalkeeper and centre half. We also need another goalscorer.

If we get the three players we are after for those three positions we won't be far away this season in my humble opinion.

We have a few key pieces of the jigsaw left to put in place but I still think better to wait for the right players rather than dive in and sign just anybody.

That is the tactic that effectively got us relegated last season.

The squad will greatly benefit from an experienced goalkeeper and centre half. We also need another goalscorer.

If we get the three players we are after for those three positions we won't be far away this season in my humble opinion.

I agree. wink.png

Ned you do know thats our next game, don't you?

Its where our manager came from, the manager many posters on here have suggested for some time we should recruit! We have signed one of their star players, And its a club with a new manager whom may also have been an option for us to recruit. And in many posters eyes (not mine) they beat a team who we have no chance of surpassing.

And you keep commenting on MY posts.... So who's got the fixation..?

We have no chance of surpassing Hibs? Let's wait and see. Fixated by your posts? No mate, just like a good laugh.

But still you NEED to comment on them... Hmm..!

I comment so you don't feel lonely bud. I comment because this is a forum and your comments are highly amusing, deliberate or otherwise.

Having 47 seasons under my belt as a supporter, I never know what our team will provide and have seen more bad than good. This seasoni will wait until IM finishes his rebuilding and assess the other 8 teams when we play them before commenting on which manager appears to have done the best job rebuilding their squad?

You are missing my point which is... Given our resources, our facilities, our set up which our manager and board scream from the roof tops is second to none in this league... Why do some on here still accept "it might take a couple of seasons to rebuild"

dumbarton, Sevco, Hearts and most teams in this league have "re-built" and do it every summer, with a january top up... How come it will take us so, so much longer.?

McMullan is on loan, Gallagher & Thompson are on 1 year contracts. If Shankland arrives then he will be on loan.

That is our entire strikeforce.

We will have to rebuild again next season.

Which is the point I keep making... its impossible to build for the future in this day and age. You can't build teams anymore. If any of our players this season are a big success then they will be off.

Its the same for every club.

All you can do is build the best team you can for the season ahead and see where it takes you.

Our problem this season is The Rangers. IMO, we have no chance of winning the league. The best we can hope for is reaching the play offs and see how that goes.

If we fail to win promotion via the play offs then we can look at trying to win the league next season in a league without The Rangers.

However, we'll need to do it with a rebuilt side... Guys like McMullan, Gallagher & Shankland will be off!

So let's stop the consolidation nonsense. Let's just concentrate on this season. Let's make sure we reach the play offs and then let's try to win promotion via the play offs.

Edited by nosferatu

McMullan is on loan, Gallagher & Thompson are on 1 year contracts. If Shankland arrives then he will be on loan.

Which is the point I keep making... its impossible to build for the future in this day and age. You can't build teams anymore. If any of our players this season are a big success then they will be off.

All you can do is build the best team you can for the season ahead and see where it takes you.

Our problem this season is The Rangers. IMO, we have no chance of winning the league. The best we can hope for is reaching the play offs and see how that goes.

If we fail to win promotion via the play offs then we can look at trying to win the league next season in a league without The Rangers.

However, we'll need to do it with a rebuilt side... Guys like McMullan, Gallagher & Shankland will be off!

So let's stop the consolidation nonsense. Let's just concentrate on this season. Let's make sure we reach the play offs and then let's try to win promotion via the play offs.

Spot on fella.

Exactly.... Consolidate What..? We got relegated, most of the culprits have escaped, we recruit another batch, and as Nosferatu says most of them will be gone next season come what may... NOW is important, not some fanciful thought that somewhere down the line it will all magically happen.

Someone somewhere will be able to tell us what the exact drop in income will be from being relegated but I reckon £500-600k at least. Perhaps that explains the number and level of signings.

We are where we are, and I don't think there is much scope to go beyond three or four more new faces, but hopefully they will address some of the concerns listed above. I am more than happy to give Murray the chance to prove he is a good manager. After all it took Fergie a while to pull a team together before we were promoted.

The drop in income was £800k. I believe we've managed to cover about half of that through various measures - renting ground to Celtic, airport parking, sale of McGinn etc.

Still a gaping hole in finances I'd say, but still money there to bring in another few players.

The drop in income was £800k. I believe we've managed to cover about half of that through various measures - renting ground to Celtic, airport parking, sale of McGinn etc.

Still a gaping hole in finances I'd say, but still money there to bring in another few players.

Where did you conjure up this £800,00 figure and what about the drop in wages? And what about the MacLean money?

Should we have invested £800,00 and stayed up like Ross County did?

Knowing Saint fans, we will pull in bigger home crowds if we are winning more often.

Edited by Sweeper07