St Mirren Tv

Why isnt it available in UK? Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen (dont know who else) offer this. Its a better idea than paying for sky and seeing 3 saints games a season.

I think other clubs will pay a fee, which can be quite expensive, for the right to broadcast live to their subscribers. They'll have more subscribers than us. Aberdeen only broadcast commentary as far as I'm aware.

Why isnt it available in UK? Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen (dont know who else) offer this. Its a better idea than paying for sky and seeing 3 saints games a season.

No clubs are allowed to show SPFL games live to viewers inside the UK. Any services those other clubs offer are also to overseas visitors only.

It's all part of the rights agreement that is in place with Sky/BT/BBC/STV

European games are different.

Live TV has had no negative effect on attendances in England.

Bit of a myth that it has any great effect on people who would normally go to a game.

Disagree.

If every St.Mirren home game was available to watch live in the house it would 100% have a detrimental effect on our gates at the stadium.

It's interesting. If there was a way to pay a subscription to Saints to watch games, I'd do it. It's too expensive, financially and time-wise, to get to many games for me.

It's a shame for UK based Saints that are too far away to make home games regularly. You could invest in a VPN subscription as suggested.

This places your PC in a different country for the purposes of geo-blocking (it gets given an IP address outside of the UK), enabling you to get round the restriction and take out a subscription for the TV service.

It's not difficult to do, it's cheap, and it works. My sister is a technophobe and was out working in Bahrain for a couple of months and used a VPN back to the UK to enable her to watch BBC i-Player. Worked fine.