Goodwin

His experience on the pitch tonight when we went down to 10 men was clear to say. He was very clever in winning us freekicks and gave everything for the cause.

Fantastic performance

I agree with you and the sending off was ridulous, it happenened right in front of me,even the Morton fans said it was never a sending off, The Morton player supposedly made a miraculous recovery within 2mins and even had time to laugh and wink at us saying "Well thats you down to 10" as he stood on the sidelines waiting to come back on. Jim Goodwin was however lucky for once, in that neither the referee or assistant referees failed to pick up on Jim,s elbow into one of the Morton players faces.

The best player on the night was Jamie Langfield who saved us time and time again.

The part of play I failed to understand is why do we play games with only one striker upfield, Thommo knocked the ball down numerous times for nobody either up with him or in the near vincinity to get the ball, he even scored a perfectly good goal. You can understand this type of play against Rangers or even Hibs, but if we want to stand any chance of reaching the play-offs then Ian Murray will have to start games against lesser teams, such as Morton tonight, with 2 upfront.

Well done jim keep up the great work. Play the same way keep your head and this could quite easily be your best season with the saints.

Best season was the cup winning season but I believe he could be a key player this year if given the chance. Be fair to Murray I think he is realising he need Goody

He went in with his arms up to protect himself nobody can convince me that was deliberate

That's honestly my view too, you'd need to be Seth Rollins to have that split second timing for a rolling mid air elbow. The BBC will have a modern apprentice doing frame by frame though. Edited by TsuMirren

That's honestly my view too, you'd need to be Seth Rolling to have that split second timing for a rolling mid air elbow. The BBC will have a modern apprentice doing frame by frame though.

It's incredible the Morton players tried to target him which most teams will do but if anyone else done it wouldn't even be talked about. Thought he had a good game overall not many had that. A would hate to lose him to a rival. Legend always

Nobody mentions the boy Barr have a wild kick at Jim which could have easily been a sending off. It was blatant and vindictive

At the time it looked like the greatest fresh air shot of all time. But, yes, watching it back you can see the lad preparing for it and the intent is clear. (You ready Oaksoft) Doubt the BBC will have their modern apprentice look at it though.

He sailed a little too close to the wind for my liking, but I agree that he was superb after the red card. Jim is a spoiling type of player, and when we were hanging on, that is what was required. I remain unconvinced that he should be a regular starter.

Not the best pic but certainly having to defend himself from the high boot

It's pointless posting a screenshot as it shows nothing. You'd need to see it from every angle to determine who did what. No doubt Goodwin was fouled, but I think his automatic reaction is to get in a bit of revenge. Good that the ref didn't see it that way, though.