Goodwin

Well bloody hell.... All these posters eventually coming round to the fact i have been making since Tealzo's reign and Murray's Meltdown....

We do not have currently a better outfield player for this league than Goodwin, and we may well have picked up points against Sevco and Dumbarton had Murray not been so childish feeling threatened by him, and played him.

Sadly Agnew and Carswell dont offer anything going forward other than one shot last night, you can see how much we miss McGinn/McLean now. We need a striker to play alongside Thommo, Gow should be released, cut him a deal, use the money saved to sign a real player.

Baird and Kelly get seperated too easily even with Goody in front and Clangers shouting at them. Another of my well made points there, langfield needs to play every game, tough luck Ridgers but you aint half that good yet. Conlan can go back to Burnley, save some cash there too.

He sailed a little too close to the wind for my liking, but I agree that he was superb after the red card. Jim is a spoiling type of player, and when we were hanging on, that is what was required. I remain unconvinced that he should be a regular starter.

Funny that how we are better with him in the side, but you don't want him to play..? Its like you want to see us lose just because Goodwin is playing?

He is the best player barring Langfield we have!

He sailed a little too close to the wind for my liking, but I agree that he was superb after the red card. Jim is a spoiling type of player, and when we were hanging on, that is what was required. I remain unconvinced that he should be a regular starter.

Sailing close to the wind brings the best out of him. With Langfield, Goodwin, Thomson and Webster in the team we would have a fantastic spine of experience running through the team and the making of an extremely strong side.

Sailing close to the wind brings the best out of him. With Langfield, Goodwin, Thomson and Webster in the team we would have a fantastic spine of experience running through the team and the making of an extremely strong side.

Webster? Did I miss something?

Sadly Agnew and Carswell dont offer anything going forward .

Yeah, apart from two goals on his debut and a cracker last week, Agnew has done nothing going forward. Oh, and carswell is a defensive midfielder. Apart from that, your point is pretty spot on.

Yeah, apart from two goals on his debut and a cracker last week, Agnew has done nothing going forward. Oh, and carswell is a defensive midfielder. Apart from that, your point is pretty spot on.

They sit too far back to feed and feed off Thommo. Agnew scored two against Berwick, lets get real here. He has a decent shot, but the pair of them sit too far back, hence we had three attempts on goal last night. And its only through scoring goals you win games, which we are struggling with, or do you think its all good?

Yes Jim had flaws in his game but I f**king love him, just look at the way he wins freekicks, always talking to teamates, all the other supporters and players hate his guts, which he just brushes off and it distracts them from their game, most teams in Scotland would love him in their team.

Edited by Scook

Yes Jim had flaws in his game but I f**king love him, just look at the way he wins freekicks, always talking to teamates, all the other supporters and players hate his guts, which he just brushes off and it distracts them from their game, most teams in Scotland would love him in their team.

This.

How many times in the 80's did we hear opposition fans calling Abercromby for everything for his, shall we say, combative style of play. Indeed, in Abers book you'll note that Jim McLean hated his guts and whenever we came up against his Dundee United sides at that time he had a picture of Aber pinned to the dressing room wall with the orders to 'Nail this bastard'.

Goody is cut from the same cloth. His experience shone through on Friday night and you could almost taste the loathing that came from the Cowshed. But I'll wager most opposition fans would have his type in their side any day of the week.

This.

How many times in the 80's did we hear opposition fans calling Abercromby for everything for his, shall we say, combative style of play. Indeed, in Abers book you'll note that Jim McLean hated his guts and whenever we came up against his Dundee United sides at that time he had a picture of Aber pinned to the dressing room wall with the orders to 'Nail this bastard'.

Goody is cut from the same cloth. His experience shone through on Friday night and you could almost taste the loathing that came from the Cowshed. But I'll wager most opposition fans would have his type in their side any day of the week.

It was commented on the Manky Mob forum

They would love a loonball like Goodwin in their side

Ian Murray actually shouted to Jim Goodwin to gain his attention during the Morton match and then signalled to Goody to tone his comments to Jordan Stewart down.

It was when Kelly punted the ball out the park under no pressure n Jim said f**k sake Sean try keeping it on this island . Murray shouted to Jim to lay off him a bit ,the team was under constant threat at this point, and Jim said ok fair enough.

Ian Murray was really encouraging to the players. Although he shouted to Conlan we are 55 minutes in, you haven't sharpened up yet, c'mon. 2 minutes later he was sent off!

Hmm, our midfield is starting from scratch again. Granted McLean and McGinn , away, says it all , two significant losses that we are missing now as a unit.

Presently , we sit waaaaaaay tooooo deep and as on Friday , we look sluggish and not threatening enough. I admit that tactics played a significant approach to the Morton game, Goodwin was a sound anchor but we need qulaity in front of him. An isolated Thommo is hopeless, 4-4-2 please. Get some pace injected.

It was when Kelly punted the ball out the park under no pressure n Jim said f**k sake Sean try keeping it on this island . Murray shouted to Jim to lay off him a bit ,the team was under constant threat at this point, and Jim said ok fair enough.

Ian Murray was really encouraging to the players. Although he shouted to Conlan we are 55 minutes in, you haven't sharpened up yet, c'mon. 2 minutes later he was sent off!

Careful you'll have the old women on the forum spreading gossip about Murray bullying the young players!

So, what you are saying is that Murray was managing?

How very dare he!

Good to hear. Jim can be a bit quick to round on the younger players, though perhaps that speaks of his passion. There is a balance to be struck. Murray seems to be taking responsibility as the person who needs to strike that balance. He needs time in order to for his message to get across.

Yeah was impressed. I don't think Jim was being nasty, he was trying to keep the 2 young guys switched on. Ian just gave him a wee word and credit to Jim he acknowledged it. From what I seen there didn't seem to be much of a falling out.

Would have been easy for Jim to blank his manager.

Can't help but think if Goody started v Dumbarton we would not have lost.

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

I doubted Jim.

I thought he was a bit of a liability.

I am delighted to be proved a fool. By all accounts (and the account of a friend whose judgement I hold in great regard), he is a very decent guy.

COYS!

Legend!

Edited by Drew