Goodwin

He's reaching the stage of his career where it makes sense to be offering one year contracts but would it make sense to offer a new deal early?

If his disciplinary record remains improved would it be wise to offer a coaching role to sweeten the deal and would that leave him as manager-in-waiting like when we appointed GM as deputy to John Coughlin?

Edited by Bud the Baker

He's reaching the stage of his career where it makes sense to be offering one year contracts but would it make sense to offer a new deal early?

If his disciplinary record remains improved would it be wise to offer a coaching role to sweeten the deal and would that leave him as manager-in-waiting like when we appointed GM as deputy to John Coughlin?

Thought that was Thommo's role. whistling.gif

The way Jim is going he will become one of St Mirren's greatest ever Legends.

He is phenomenal.

After Gilmour and Fitzpatrick, Jim should have a Stand named after him also.

Shull whilst I applaud your enthusiasm and loyalty to the cause. Eh Cmon!!! Jim no doubt, when he is switched on is a great assist, but he indiscipline cost Saints big time early doors last season, he was one red from getting booted out , and also he made refs uptight , plus that elbow on a United kid was a bloody disgrace. If he is corner stone for us going back up yes, sure he has LC glory and for that alone he gets status, however unlike Fitzy and the likes he has a long way to go. In saying all this, I am delighted he has screwed the head and is a very capable player

Shull whilst I applaud your enthusiasm and loyalty to the cause. Eh Cmon!!! Jim no doubt, when he is switched on is a great assist, but he indiscipline cost Saints big time early doors last season, he was one red from getting booted out , and also he made refs uptight , plus that elbow on a United kid was a bloody disgrace. If he is corner stone for us going back up yes, sure he has LC glory and for that alone he gets status, however unlike Fitzy and the likes he has a long way to go. In saying all this, I am delighted he has screwed the head and is a very capable player

Ye,, he has a bit to go. Once he brings us great glory as our Manager in the future.

It will be ..

THE JIM GOODWIN WEST STAND

Goody will be the Aber to a current generation. In years to come when players like Carswell (just as an example) are long forgotten about, fans will still be reminiscing about Goody. One of the few characters around nowadays in the whole of Scottish football. Captain. Cup-winner. Legend. :)

Ah yes. Just like Aber was a dirty cynical bastard as well but isn't a legend?

Come on mate, catch a grip. Are we really still at the stage where some supporters simply won't cotton on to just how important Jim is to us until he's gone and replaced by Stuart Carswell?

I'd be giving him a year's extension already. He's proven beyond doubt that he's easily still above this level of football.

Ah yes. Just like Aber was a dirty cynical bastard as well but isn't a legend?

Come on mate, catch a grip. Are we really still at the stage where some supporters simply won't cotton on to just how important Jim is to us until he's gone and replaced by Stuart Carswell?

I'd be giving him a year's extension already. He's proven beyond doubt that he's easily still above this level of football.

On the basis of our performances and results thus far, I don't think any St Mirren player has proven beyond doubt that he is above this level.

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1509038&t=1509038

Interesting thoughts on Goodwin from an opponents perspective.

wub.png

Very interesting, and honest, thread indeed.

Type of player you hate playing against, but would want to have in your side. Says it all for me - should be first name on the teamsheet every week.

On the basis of our performances and results thus far, I don't think any St Mirren player has proven beyond doubt that he is above this level.

No not to many players come close to showing the same enthusiasm for our club as a player. Last year Jim had a difficult year some forget this and I for one commend him for not speaking to the press. Last year was horrible at st mirren and Jim has worked hard on all aspects of his game. Some said he was slow well from the games I have seen this year his fitness is at its best. On his discipline he has also worked hard and think he has done really well. I cannot see him getting sent off this year.

Get him signed up now as I think he will have offers from others very soon and I think we will miss what he brings