Goodwin

It really f**king winds some peeps up that despite Murray trying to sideline Goody, he has had to accept he is the best he has got!

As a player Goodwin exudes everything Murray never had! Maybe thats the reason he couldn't handle Goody..?

I genuinely think he was told Jim was on his way out. No proof (well, aside from rumours), but the fact we brought in Carswell is why I'm of that opinion. As a new Manager coming in, he had to take on the opinions or direction even of the board and perhaps even pick up work Teale may have started regarding targets. Carswell must have been talking to clubs since January as he was in the last 6 months of his contract.

I genuinely think he was told Jim was on his way out. No proof (well, aside from rumours), but the fact we brought in Carswell is why I'm of that opinion. As a new Manager coming in, he had to take on the opinions or direction even of the board and perhaps even pick up work Teale may have started regarding targets. Carswell must have been talking to clubs since January as he was in the last 6 months of his contract.

Carswell couldn't get a game for Motherwell, who almost joined us in the drop. He was shit then, and guess what..? Despite Murray signing him, and polishing as hard as he might.... This Turd is not for shining!

Punching two Motherwell players, elbowing two Utd players and that ludicrous tackle on a grounded Kevin Thomson.

You are however missing the point I fear. He is currently playing well and by and large has screwed the nut. You continue to focus on the negative with him, while others do not. That was the point raised and you proved my subsequent point with your reply when it could have been balanced or quite the opposite like Top Cat's post.

Don't get me wrong opinions matter and form the basis of this forum. I just simply think you are wrong to continually selectively point out the negative - hence the axe to grind. I'm not defending the instances you describe I'm simply saying he has been a stand out in terms of effort and graft since arriving at our club. I struggle to grasp how others don't see this point though.

I've got plenty wrong and I'm sure my posts over time will have highlighted that at times. I had fairly forthright views on Billy Mehmet having a turning circle comparable with an oil tanker when he first arrived at the club...he then scored a goal to clinch promotion and became a cult hero of sorts and an all round decent honest professional who scored some cracking and memorable goals. I accepted my initial impression may have been harsh and moved on and saw him for who he became.

I worry your opinion like others overlooks an awful lot especially TC's photo...

Edited by Bart Simpson

Carswell couldn't get a game for Motherwell, who almost joined us in the drop. He was shit then, and guess what..? Despite Murray signing him, and polishing as hard as he might.... This Turd is not for shining!

Carswell didn't get a game under Baraclough after being out injured. He played most of his 100 games under McCall when they came 2nd (maybe even twice) so was part of a good team. Don't let facts get in the way of your campaign though.

Edited to add: Baraclough has recently been found out as not very good.

Edited by Hambud

Carswell didn't get a game under Baraclough after being out injured. He played most of his 100 games under McCall when they came 2nd (maybe even twice) so was part of a good team. Don't let facts get in the way of your campaign though.

Edit: So has Carswell.

Carswell looks a decent footballer. He has yet to fully find his feet with us, but I suspect if surrounded by good players he is a far better player, rather than the mediocrity we have shown so far this season. Another example of a great signing on paper that has yet to bear fruit...hopefully he finds form though as he could be a very good player in my opinion.

Carswell looks a decent footballer. He has yet to fully find his feet with us, but I suspect if surrounded by good players he is a far better player, rather than the mediocrity we have shown so far this season. Another example of a great signing on paper that has yet to bear fruit...hopefully he finds form though as he could be a very good player in my opinion.

So we should build a new team of much better players around him?

I suppose there is a logic there.... It would show up even more how poor he has been and perhaps hasten his departure to another team where he can continue trying to find his feet.

P.S. I have always held the belief that because of the critical importance they hold as tools of the trade.... A professional footballer should at all times "Know Where His Feet Are!"

A common saying is that the best predictor of future behaviours lies in past performance

I agree that this is a common saying but unfortunately, like most common sayings, it is total bollox.

It makes two wrong assumptions.

Firstly, that people can't change.

Secondly, that people don't learn from their mistakes.

Neither of those are generally true.

So we should build a new team of much better players around him?

I suppose there is a logic there.... It would show up even more how poor he has been and perhaps hasten his departure to another team where he can continue trying to find his feet.

P.S. I have always held the belief that because of the critical importance they hold as tools of the trade.... A professional footballer should at all times "Know Where His Feet Are!"

Some players are extremely gifted, but only complement a team. Others, like Goodwin, are not technically as gifted but carry a team.

It may not work out for Carswell, but he does a lot of the unnoticed tracking and closing down. He is good on the ball and seldom wastes it. He hasn't as yet taken a game by the scruff of the neck and won it for us.

Edited by Bart Simpson

Start with the man in the mirror bud!

I've already conceded that I called this one wrong in this very thread, in at least two posts. I've also done it on several occasions in the past, and will no doubt do so again in the future (when you're wrong as often as I am, it can be become a habit). I can't recall using the 'I told you so' approach, not my style, really.

The very concept of you offering me advice about being magnanimous is laughable, but if it makes you feel good about yourself, who am I....

Edited by Drew

I've already conceded that I called this one wrong in this very thread, in at least two posts. I've also done it on several occasions in the past, and will no doubt do so again in the future (when you're wrong as often as I am, it can be become a habit). I can't recall using the 'I told you so' approach, not my style, really.

The very concept of you offering me advice about being magnanimous is laughable, but if it makes you feel good about yourself, who am I....

Ronnie f**king Pickering..?

Indeed, I'm still waiting for my apology from the big man

He did say I'd be waiting a while so maybe it will be along soon

He does seem to be softening (not that I'm suggesting that any of us got him hard-look at the bother that caused recently)

Apology?

That'll be the thing you deliver when you have done something you regret and want to make amends?

Oh, okay then, but bear with me while I insert my member in a operating coffee grinder while watching the Miranda box set. You know, a couple of the things I have to do beforehand.

Apology?

That'll be the thing you deliver when you have done something you regret and want to make amends?

Oh, okay then, but bear with me while I insert my member in a operating coffee grinder while watching the Miranda box set. You know, a couple of the things I have to do beforehand.

You seem to like abit of confrontation on this site why not just wind your neck in and try get on with people instead of arguing then waiting for your minions to get involved

You seem to like abit of confrontation on this site why not just wind your neck in and try get on with people instead of arguing then waiting for your minions to get involved

I'm happy to let others be the judge of that. You?