Goodwin

Maybe Goodwin will start tomorrow night, if he doesn't that tells you everything you need to know I think.

No manager should put a player on the bench with the intention of never putting him on. Even for match fitness I would start him tomorrow night.

No manager should put a player on the bench with the intention of never putting him on. Even for match fitness I would start him tomorrow night.

And every other game as long as he is a Saints player. Everyone remembers mistakes over what positive things Goodwin brings to the pitch. I'm seriously amazed so many cant see what Goodwin would be for such a young team. Sometimes I think what a shit support we have out come the knives at every turn even for youth players , quite unbelievable

Thompson starting for say 60/75 mins

agnew starting just behind

gall super sub

midfield needs carswell and MALAN sitting

defence i cant make my mind up on who we have

possibly

ridgers

morgan?? baird Kelly conlon

howieson carswell mallan mcmullin

agnew

stevie t

young defence but morgan ?? can he mabe do a job there??

Edited by jama

Thompson starting for say 60/75 mins

howieson starting just behind

gall super sub

midfield needs carswell and MALAN sitting

defence i cant make my mind up on who we have

possibly

ridgers

morgan?? baird Kelly conlon

howieson carswell mallan mcmullin

agnew

stevie t

young defence but morgan ?? can he mabe do a job there??

Morgan at right back, aye no probs.

Morgan at right back, aye no probs.

ok made mistake there just seen the highlights looks like a decent prospect

although i don't think we played that bad as some have said

and the home support are seldom happy lmao sack playing infront of that every week

no wonder were shiit at home

ok made mistake there just seen the highlights looks like a decent prospect

although i don't think we played that bad as some have said

and the home support are seldom happy lmao sack playing infront of that every week

no wonder were shiit at home

are you judging how good we played in 90 mins on a 10min highlights?

And every other game as long as he is a Saints player. Everyone remembers mistakes over what positive things Goodwin brings to the pitch. I'm seriously amazed so many cant see what Goodwin would be for such a young team. Sometimes I think what a shit support we have out come the knives at every turn even for youth players , quite unbelievable

Er, but Murray cant see what Goodwin would do for a young team either! Its him who picks the team!

If you are saying that the support is 'shit' for not seeing what Goodwin can do then presumably you think Murray is shit as well!

Er, but Murray cant see what Goodwin would do for a young team either! Its him who picks the team!

If you are saying that the support is 'shit' for not seeing what Goodwin can do then presumably you think Murray is shit as well!

the home support have ALWAYS been fickle

even listening to the highlights all u can hear is angry grumpy shouting and swearing ffs

no need for that 1eye.gif

Goodwin is this season's Lee Mair. It's amazing how much better he's getting every week he's out of the team. By the end of the month he'll be better than Mascherano.

Having said that he'd have been better up front than Gow.

Totally agree. Goodwin was one of the reasons we went down with his antics, early baths and elbowing. Thommo will be back in favour , and he needs a big match to show he is not simply a legend rather than a living one

Harsh words I agree really mean part of our support especially getting on young players back who no doubt read social media. Murray needs time in my book though would add my history will tell you I did not think he was the right manager. Any team that ships near 90 goals in one season is worrying.

He has given away a penalty tonight will people still want him in the team.

I was just waiting for this post. He has not been played for ages first minute and he makes a mistake. Well I am a Jim supporter all the way. Lets find out how the rest of the game went and how well he plays before making a judgement. I have way more judgements to make about Murray than Jim to be honest

Well so far, I'd have to say...

He has given away a penalty tonight will people still want him in the team.

Thought it was an incredibly soft penalty.

He was slack at times. Strong at times.

No better or worse than most of the players around him and far from finished.

To those conspiracy theorists who reckoned Murray was afraid to play him or not doing so due to a personal agenda, how do you answer him wearing the Captains armband when Kelly was also playing and surely a candidate if Goodwin was that far out of the scene?

Thought it was an incredibly soft penalty.

He was slack at times. Strong at times.

No better or worse than most of the players around him and far from finished.

To those conspiracy theorists who reckoned Murray was afraid to play him or not doing so due to a personal agenda, how do you answer him wearing the Captains armband when Kelly was also playing and surely a candidate if Goodwin was that far out of the scene?

Answer it on Friday if he retains both starting place and armband.

Edit: if he does i would answer it by saying Murray has realised he f**ked up by benching him, and with Naismith out, and no one new coming in it was either Goodwin, or the kit man getting the jersey and armband.

Edited by Lord Pityme

I don't think he will retain either... but not out of a personal agenda... out of Murray picking horses for courses.

I am a Jim Goodwin fan. I like him as a player who gives his all... as a cup winning legend... as someone who took over Captaincy and initially was a great encourager of young players... as a great spokesman and a gentleman. I got very frustrated with his indefensible "silly" stuff and there is no doubt that in a midfield 4 he was being caught for pace.

He did us a turn by filling in at the back... but his positional sense showed that he was filling in and not a natural defender.

Turn to present day.

Murray has made it absolutely clear that Baird and Kelly is his preferred central defensive partnership. He ain't going to disturb that.

Goody doesn't have the pace for either full back slot; so unless we change to a back three to accommodate him, he ain't going to feature regularly in defence unless Baird or Kelly are injured or suffer a bad loss of form.

Holding midfielder? Yep. That is where I see him playing. Murray has preferred Carswell and Agnew there... I actually prefer both of them further up the pitch and think playing Goodwin there would allow that... but that is simply my opinion and if Murray's differs... MY job ain't on the line if it doesn't work out.

If he is back on the bench for Friday I will see it as tactical and nothing more.

Conspiracy theories are far too much hard work!

I don't think he will retain either... but not out of a personal agenda... out of Murray picking horses for courses.

I am a Jim Goodwin fan. I like him as a player who gives his all... as a cup winning legend... as someone who took over Captaincy and initially was a great encourager of young players... as a great spokesman and a gentleman. I got very frustrated with his indefensible "silly" stuff and there is no doubt that in a midfield 4 he was being caught for pace.

He did us a turn by filling in at the back... but his positional sense showed that he was filling in and not a natural defender.

Turn to present day.

Murray has made it absolutely clear that Baird and Kelly is his preferred central defensive partnership. He ain't going to disturb that.

Goody doesn't have the pace for either full back slot; so unless we change to a back three to accommodate him, he ain't going to feature regularly in defence unless Baird or Kelly are injured or suffer a bad loss of form.

Holding midfielder? Yep. That is where I see him playing. Murray has preferred Carswell and Agnew there... I actually prefer both of them further up the pitch and think playing Goodwin there would allow that... but that is simply my opinion and if Murray's differs... MY job ain't on the line if it doesn't work out.

If he is back on the bench for Friday I will see it as tactical and nothing more.

Agree with nearly everything here, even playing Jim in a midfield 4 this year could work in my opinion, yeah he got caught a few times last season but the standard has dropped.

He'd be in my midfield no matter who else is available as he's the only player in the squad who can put his foot through the ball. Agnew and Carswell will get bullied alone in there this season so Goody provides protection an allows them to be more creative

Turn to present day.

When the manager comes out pre season and categorically states he isn't going to play Goodwin because of his age, but re-signs Gow, Thommo and is courting Webster then you are correct it isn't a conspiracy THEORY.... Its a fact!

And the fact last night, like the Sheffield game is he was the only midfielder on the park who could consistently do the right thing. If Murray doesnt play him on Friday we will suffer again needlessly. And we are and will struggle to stay in this league.

When the manager comes out pre season and categorically states he isn't going to play Goodwin because of his age, but re-signs Gow, Thommo and is courting Webster then you are correct it isn't a conspiracy THEORY.... Its a fact!

And the fact last night, like the Sheffield game is he was the only midfielder on the park who could consistently do the right thing. If Murray doesnt play him on Friday we will suffer again needlessly. And we are and will struggle to stay in this league.

The fecundity of your unsubstantiated shite reserves knows no bounds.