Another Long Season Ahead

Although this was a dire performance from us it was only our 2nd league game of the season. For me the issue I feel most worrying is that we seem to have very little to offer in midfield, albeit not 1 player came through that game today with any pass or even average marks. Indeed I would go as far to say that the 20mins or so that Thommo was on the park suited him down to earth, he was by far the best player. It is clear that this suits not only him but also Mr Murray as well.

Perhaps the changes made to the side from the Rangers game by Ian Murray were necessary, who knows, but the sooner we get a settled team the better.

Although this was a dire performance from us it was only our 2nd league game of the season.

True it is early but the problem is that we have been putting in these type of performances for the past couple of years now. I am personally losing the will to live continually watching us get beat and my seven year old who I am desperate to grow up following the saints has lost interest due to last season. He saw two goals and no wins in a dozen or so games that he came with me!

Edited by Buddy Marvellous

Although this was a dire performance from us it was only our 2nd league game of the season. For me the issue I feel most worrying is that we seem to have very little to offer in midfield, albeit not 1 player came through that game today with any pass or even average marks. Indeed I would go as far to say that the 20mins or so that Thommo was on the park suited him down to earth, he was by far the best player. It is clear that this suits not only him but also Mr Murray as well.

Perhaps the changes made to the side from the Rangers game by Ian Murray were necessary, who knows, but the sooner we get a settled team the better.

Good post..

Although this was a dire performance from us it was only our 2nd league game of the season.

True it is early but the problem is that we have been putting in these type of performances for the past couple of years now. I am personally losing the will to live continually watching us get beat and my seven year old who I am desperate to grow up following the saints has lost interest due to last season. He saw two goals and no wins in a dozen or so games that he came with me!

You're 100% correct, how do you explain rationally too a 7year old. I suppose you can only say that over the last couple of seasons, not this one yet as it would be very unfair of any employer to make a judgement on 6 weeks in total of someone's performance, but certainly over the previous season that can firmly be laid at some poor management decisions, but as I said to my sons at approximately that age, "At least if you were too become St.Mirren supporters you would not get any type of religious bigotry as associated with some of elements of the Rangers and Celtic support and you would be part of being a family of buddies for life, but it is your choice, you just know that your going to be a St.Mirren supporter and you'll always have the backing of the thousands of other people who will help you out whatever your need may be and you would be making an old man in your Dad very proud. Having said that 1 is an ardent St.Mirren supporter the other could not care less but every know and then comes down to watch the Buddies mind you I think on two occasions he has watched Rangers.

Yes it is a long season and still plenty to play for.

Rangers will scoosh it this year (as much as I hate to think that) as they have invested wisely in a top class manager that could have been plying his trade in the English championship and has a track record of promotions.

A good season for us will be a play off place and that's the best I expect to get.

We have lost 2 games, it's not good, but it's still only August!

We do need a big commanding center half, but I do think we will have enough to finish top 4 we need a bit of time and a few wins will bring a but if swagger to this young squad.

Have a bit of patience for the first 10 games it will take a bit of time.

This is a great point. A lot of the frustration isn't as much to do with this team or Ian Murray, it's the fact that we've been watching absolute pish for over a year (at least). This was a new start, but ended up being the same old story.

The first half showed the old failings of keeping the ball and passing round the back, but not playing with any tempo and letting Dumbarton get organised. Then we weren't good enough to break them down. The second half was better, I thought we pressed them a bit more and put them under pressure.

McMullen is a great wee player, Morgan had a great second half and Carswell pressed higher up the park. I didn't think Gallagher got the chance to run at the defence or use his pace, that will maybe come more away from home when teams push up a bit.

On the other side of it, someone would need to explain to me why Gow got a contract, and while I've been keen to give him some time, that's 3 times I've seen Conlan and I've yet to see anything from him.

From what i remember, Hibs got off to a really bad start last season, so bad people were questioning Alan Stubbs position so early. They went on to finish 2nd in the league, which was probably their pre-season target.

Give it time.

Hibs had some decent players who weren't teenagers and had a board with the ambition to get straight back up. We have neither!

From what i remember, Hibs got off to a really bad start last season, so bad people were questioning Alan Stubbs position so early. They went on to finish 2nd in the league, which was probably their pre-season target.

Give it time.

Didn't we draw the first game of the millennium campaign at home to East Fife? However, the game after that we spanked Raith 6-1....