Another Long Season Ahead

I'm not bashing cheesy. I'm stating the obvious. Players like cheesy are the reason we are where we are. I'm not saying he's got no heart. Has a buddie. He just lacks ability at the level required. I don't know any team that hasn't been promoted that hasn't made a good fist of it whether Inverness, Ross county, st Johnstone etc..we were ever out of the bottom 3 in the 10 years we stayed up? We won a cup with a team borrowed, not built on talent. You get what you sow. Our youth development has been good but there's no one outstanding that I can see and Dumbarton were and looked better than us

I'm not bashing cheesy. I'm stating the obvious. Players like cheesy are the reason we are where we are. I'm not saying he's got no heart. Has a buddie. He just lacks ability at the level required. I don't know any team that hasn't been promoted that hasn't made a good fist of it whether Inverness, Ross county, st Johnstone etc..we were ever out of the bottom 3 in the 10 years we stayed up? We won a cup with a team borrowed, not built on talent. You get what you sow. Our youth development has been good but there's no one outstanding that I can see and Dumbarton were and looked better than us

Cheesy basher .

Obviously.

FFS, aye we are out of the bottom 3 and we were "up" for 9 seasons.......................bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

we were ever out of the bottom 3 in the 10 years we stayed up?

No genuine Saints fans would ever make two mistakes like that in the same sentence.

Firstly we weren't in the SPL for 10 years - basic mistake.

Secondly, no Saints fan needs to ask how many times we finished above 10th.

I normally couldn't give a shit about being this pedantic but when all you are doing is slagging off our team you can absolutely GTF for making basic errors like this.

Edited by oaksoft

The talent isn't there. Face facts wwe have no cash and our board lacked ambition which has caused this decline. Tommy then Gary said it all they didn't give us a hope of maintaining our top flight status. I would argue that last year's team poor as it was would beat this years. Now it's ok to defend the team but it is true we are a bunch of boys who are not as talented as we think or thought and this is proved when you see other clubs who have better young players. Sure mallan has something but other than that there is not one who would make it in a higher division. We are were we are which is probably going to be sore but the board put us here and they have admitted it. It's just a shame it will take years for is to get back

Jesus more bloody whining.

Exactly what ambition did the board lack?

Is this season enough time?

Enough time to get relegated Ned..?

Jesus wept. I wonder how long it would be before relegation was mooted. 2 games gone and a team not yet complete and we are raising relegation? The time to worry is not now. If we are near the bottom come Christmas then I will be concerned. If not for a missed penalty we may have taken something from IPox and Saturday was a bad day. It is going to take longer to get the system and players operating as effectively as possible. If not then questions will be asked. I am not going to knicker wet after 2 games and certainly not thinking of relegation.

Jesus more bloody whining.

Exactly what ambition did the board lack?

keep yer hair on, if you've any left! Didn't know we had statisticians on here. Was generalising as I am about the team..what is it, you not allowed to criticise at the beginning of a season? Do we have to wait till the last kick of the ball of each season before we can criticise? Tell that to the few hundred who booed the performance on Saturday. I clapped the team off the pitch, didn't boo, but I'm not blinded by faith!! Oh, 1-0 down to Annan in the first minute I see in the Petrofac cup..keep the faith I hear some say

keep yer hair on, if you've any left! Didn't know we had statisticians on here. Was generalising as I am about the team..what is it, you not allowed to criticise at the beginning of a season? Do we have to wait till the last kick of the ball of each season before we can criticise? Tell that to the few hundred who booed the performance on Saturday. I clapped the team off the pitch, didn't boo, but I'm not blinded by faith!! Oh, 1-0 down to Annan in the first minute I see in the Petrofac cup..keep the faith I hear some say

Criticise all you want, mate. But get your facts right first.

Edited by saint in exile

get a life, seriously. Calling me out for saying 10 years instead of 9, and, maybe I wasn't clear, but how many times did we escape relegation comfortably, or finish in the top six? Blah blah blind faith

No, I called you out because you said we were never out of the bottom three. And, by the way, I was agreeing with your right to criticise. Twat.

Nope, you're getting your title winning seasons mixed up.

We drew 1-1 at home to East Fife in 1976-77 in our first match, then lost the next game 2-0 at Falkirk.

We then went on an unbeaten league run until March whilst Falkirk ended up getting relegated.

In the 1999-2000 season we drew our first match 1-1 at home to Ayr , then won 6-0 away to Raith.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Prog_Season.php?season=1999

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Prog_Season.php?season=1976

Hopefully tha one thing that will finally come out of this appalling start to the new season is that the footballing genius Murray may finally take on board the amount of work that will be required to turn this team around.

Last years te were appalling half the squad left including the two best players at the club and Murray has done virtually nothing to turn thongs around.

I expected him to come to tje club with firm ideas as to how to turn the team around. But I don't see any evidence of that at all. Keeping Goodwin and signing Gow were both very poor decisions.

The problem with Murrays approach is that he seems to think what he did at Dumbarton will be good enough here. Unfortunately using the same standards that he used at Dumbarton will only result in the same outcome. A team that will just scrape by in the Championship if he's lucky.

Hopefully it will now be starting to dawn on him that rather than being 'championship contenders' and 'a lot better than people think we are' that there is actually a mountain to climb before we get there. Because the only person he is fooling with that talk seems to be himself.

The game last night and the result for QoS today show clearly the fight we have on to stay in this league! With only ten teams in the league, if you are not in a play off place you are fighting relegation, and we haven't recruited a manager in my opinion who has a track record of getting teams challenging for promotion, but one who ends up fighting relegation!

One point out of nine is relegation form, and with our fixtures from now till the end of September i think if we can only pick up,points from Livi we will be in a long run relegation battle. The only hope is if we do recruit a goal scorer,band a good centre back, Kelly is suspect, too easily muscled off the ball, and wanders away from his fellow centre back.

Conlan isn't up to it and should be sent back to Burnley, and we need a good replacement.

The game last night and the result for QoS today show clearly the fight we have on to stay in this league! With only ten teams in the league, if you are not in a play off place you are fighting relegation, and we haven't recruited a manager in my opinion who has a track record of getting teams challenging for promotion, but one who ends up fighting relegation!

One point out of nine is relegation form, and with our fixtures from now till the end of September i think if we can only pick up,points from Livi we will be in a long run relegation battle. The only hope is if we do recruit a goal scorer,band a good centre back, Kelly is suspect, too easily muscled off the ball, and wanders away from his fellow centre back.

Conlan isn't up to it and should be sent back to Burnley, and we need a good replacement.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

This forum rocks, I thought I was a roaster but some of the imbeciles on here should be under house arrest.

Really looking forward to this season and shall only go to a handful of home games, however looking forward to our away days, got a few stadia to tick off..

Give Ian Murray time, good foundations make a strong house, building off of shite does not...

Find it a bit strange that some of the idiots shouting for change are on his back already..

It's been a long time since I've posted here...so welcome back me :-)

From the three league games, as many have said, we missed a penalty, a deflected goal, conceded a penalty and had a dodgy red card against us. This team has the makings of being a top team. Promotion might be a step too far but I still feel it's going in the right direction. This is the problem with Scottish football - no one seems to have any patience! Give Ian Murray time to build the team.

When can you criticise?

Why do you feel the need to do that at all?

This is supposed to be a hobby. Why can you not just go along, enjoy 2 hours of escapism from life and then go home?

Why do you want to waste the precious time you have off work whining and criticising anyone?

Life is way too short.

How did the Annan game turn out by the way? Isn't it amazing what happens when you display a bit of patience?

It's been a long time since I've posted here...so welcome back me :-)

From the three league games, as many have said, we missed a penalty, a deflected goal, conceded a penalty and had a dodgy red card against us. This team has the makings of being a top team. Promotion might be a step too far but I still feel it's going in the right direction. This is the problem with Scottish football - no one seems to have any patience! Give Ian Murray time to build the team.

Aye this team has the makings of a top team, get real ffs.