Urgent Investment (In A Parachute). The Board Must Go!

Our beloved club is in free fall and our future belongs in the basement of Scottish football unless there is imminent change at the top of the club! The effort by SG and Co in securing our existence will never be forgotten, but it does not afford them the right to steer us into oblivion due to their thinking that they are due compensation on what they have previously put in! I say sell the club for 1p, walk away and let Mr G Scott (lets face it we all know he should take the reins) steady the ship and get us back on course! Que the knicker wetter comments but we are on our fourth manager since the current regime peaked on 17/03/2013! Blame for the capitulation since that date lies squarely in the boardroom.

Tell you what, give me the deeds to your house, your savings and 75% of your wages for the next 20 years. Then just walk away. After all if it's good enough for the board .............................................. ?

it does not afford them the right to steer us into oblivion due to their thinking that they are due compensation on what they have previously put in! I say sell the club for 1p, walk away

By the way, yes it does!

Edited by rabuddies

There are failing businesses that sell for 1p every day if the week, the principle is if yer not happy cut yer losses n let someone else take the hit!

And BTW naw it does'nae!!! Canny believe a so called supporter would say it's acceptable for a board let a club rot because of there previous actions in saving the club and there desire to claw back cash!

They only put the money in on condition that they would get all or most of it back. Any supporter who was around at the time thought it was a good and decent thing to do, the shareholders were in agreement, and because we've lost two, yes two, games you expect them to walk away. The club is not rotting, it's going through a downturn in fortunes, as have many clubs of our size and support over the past 40 years. The board have stood by the club, remember they could have hung back and not invested anything at all. But they did, not because it was a sound business investment but because they were fans like you. They have wanted to to move on and guess what, nobody wants to take it on. If Gordon Scott had the money or the inclination to take over the club I'm sure he would have made an offer.

What you want is for somebody else to put in their money to benefit you. And that makes you a fan?

Our beloved club is in free fall and our future belongs in the basement of Scottish football unless there is imminent change at the top of the club! The effort by SG and Co in securing our existence will never be forgotten, but it does not afford them the right to steer us into oblivion due to their thinking that they are due compensation on what they have previously put in! I say sell the club for 1p, walk away and let Mr G Scott (lets face it we all know he should take the reins) steady the ship and get us back on course! Que the knicker wetter comments but we are on our fourth manager since the current regime peaked on 17/03/2013! Blame for the capitulation since that date lies squarely in the boardroom.

They really need to stop letting them out at the weekends....

They only put the money in on condition that they would get all or most of it back. Any supporter who was around at the time thought it was a good and decent thing to do, the shareholders were in agreement, and because we've lost two, yes two, games you expect them to walk away. The club is not rotting, it's going through a downturn in fortunes, as have many clubs of our size and support over the past 40 years. The board have stood by the club, remember they could have hung back and not invested anything at all. But they did, not because it was a sound business investment but because they were fans like you. They have wanted to to move on and guess what, nobody wants to take it on. If Gordon Scott had the money or the inclination to take over the club I'm sure he would have made an offer.

What you want is for somebody else to put in their money to benefit you. And that makes you a fan?

He did.

The board however didn`t think the bid was valuing the club highly enough. Wonder what its worth now ?

Your deluded mate, who in there right mind thinks football is a sound investment or even a business likely to return what you put in?

No arguments that it was good for St Mirren at the time.

As above Gordon Scott made an offer which was good and if it was on the table just now the board would bite his hand off!

Yes that is exactly what I want, someone else to put there cash into the club like I do game after game since I was old enough to earn a penny. And I'd prefer that person to be a Russian oil baron but I would take the local fish monger right now if he had a few quid spare!

30 odd years of watching St Mirren, 5 as a ball boy n 40-50 quid a month makes me a fan, what about you Buddie?

Your deluded mate, who in there right mind thinks football is a sound investment or even a business likely to return what you put in?

As above Gordon Scott made an offer which was good and if it was on the table just now the board would bite his hand off!

Yes that is exactly what I want, someone else to put there cash into the club like I do game after game since I was old enough to earn a penny. And I'd prefer that person to be a Russian oil baron but I would take the local fish monger right now if he had a few quid spare!

30 odd years of watching St Mirren, 5 as a ball boy n 40-50 quid a month makes me a fan, what about you Buddie?

Whether you like it or not, producing and playing youth is the way forward for a club of our size. Yes we are missing a couple of experienced heads in the team, but two games in and you seem if you are due another trip to Asda Linwood to stock up on your pampers.

We have almost assembled a whole new look squad this season, along with a new manager, a manager that was highly regarded on here, prior to his arrival. For a board that are wanting to leave, they have actually done really well with their appointment and making sure that signings this time round are not just for the sake of it to make up numbers.

I understand your frustration is off the back of a defeat this afternoon, but lighten up, there are many many weeks ahead of the season, where you may have time to reflect back and praise the board and manager for our challenge at the right end of the league using some of our talented development players along the way.

Whether you like it or not, producing and playing youth is the way forward for a club of our size. Yes we are missing a couple of experienced heads in the team, but two games in and you seem if you are due another trip to Asda Linwood to stock up on your pampers.

We have almost assembled a whole new look squad this season, along with a new manager, a manager that was highly regarded on here, prior to his arrival. For a board that are wanting to leave, they have actually done really well with their appointment and making sure that signings this time round are not just for the sake of it to make up numbers.

I understand your frustration is off the back of a defeat this afternoon, but lighten up, there are many many weeks ahead of the season, where you may have time to reflect back and praise the board and manager for our challenge at the right end of the league using some of our talented development players along the way.

Know what your right mate, the board should be praised for there managerial appointments....said no one ever.

Your slating me for my view after two games yet after these two games you can say we have brought in the right players???

This thread is not about the players it's about a board forcing our managers to work under unreasonable constraints. They may be happy with our record over the past two years but I for one are pretty hacked off at our almost constant lack of winning ability. Show me a fan who say's they are happy with the way things have been and I'll show you a liar!

Edited by Buddy Marvellous

Know what your right mate, the board should be praised for there managerial appointments....said no one ever.

Your slating me for my view after two games yet after these two games you can say we have brought in the right players???

This thread is not about the players it's about a board forcing our managers to work under unreasonable constraints. They may be happy with our record over the past two years but I for one are pretty hacked off at our almost constant lack of winning ability. Show me a fan who say's they are happy with the way things have been and I'll show you a liar!

Well said, there seems to me an obvious flaw in team selection, why the feck was the player (cameron howieson) who scored our only goal against everyone's favourite to win the league not even starting today never mind not being brought on as a sub ?

Anyone who 'invests' their own money in Scottish football these days needs their head looking at.

Never mind people who self admittedly want out the game investing their own money. It ain't going to happen.

For those who are calling on others to invest... Why not invest yourself?

and because we've lost two, yes two, games you expect them to walk away. The club is not rotting, it's going through a downturn in fortunes......

But it's not just two games. It was the whole of last season as well, and many poor decisions in the season before that as well. The Board is presiding over the ultimate demise of the club, and need to get their collective heads out of their arses.

The sooner St Mirren is run under a fan ownership/subscription model, the better. The days of boards are over, fan financing, crowd funding or whatever you want to call it is the only viable way for football clubs at provincial level nowadays. The question though is exactly how big a fanbase with disposable income we actually have ?

The sooner St Mirren is run under a fan ownership/subscription model, the better. The days of boards are over, fan financing, crowd funding or whatever you want to call it is the only viable way for football clubs at provincial level nowadays. The question though is exactly how big a fanbase with disposable income we actually have ?

I won £3.49 on last nights Euromillions. Its a start .

a

Really cannot abide 'supporters ' that buy a season ticket and think it's their God given right to demand that the board (or a.n other) spunk millions into a football club!

Or you another one that thinks Gilmour n co are siphoning billions into a retirement fund? They're spending what the club accumulates, the financially sound way to run a football club. Say they did hand the keys over to someone else, they'd either run it with the same resources or plunge us into debt again and I doubt we'd get another telco deal to bail us out

Controversial.:)

Don't get me wrong they put their cash up with huge risk and no guarantees... So i don't begrudge them a penny of what they have made on ground sales, loans etc... But i want to see them hand over a legacy to the Supporters Trust, and expect an agreed price that reflects their legacy, and is respectful to the people who collectively fund the club every day, week, year for no return,,!

Do the right thing consortium, now is the time.

a

Really cannot abide 'supporters ' that buy a season ticket and think it's their God given right to demand that the board (or a.n other) spunk millions into a football club!

Or you another one that thinks Gilmour n co are siphoning billions into a retirement fund? They're spending what the club accumulates, the financially sound way to run a football club. Say they did hand the keys over to someone else, they'd either run it with the same resources or plunge us into debt again and I doubt we'd get another telco deal to bail us out

And I canny abide folk that don't read a thread properly.

Also doesn't matter if your a season ticket holder or a guy that gets down a few times a season we all have a voice whether it be in the stands or on this forum. I know that the board aren't siphoning any cash into there retirement fund ( had a laugh that you wrote millions btw). The board have made it clear that they are done funding the club, but it is pretty clear that they are holding out for an offer to buy that does put cash in there pockets! That offer may never come so as I said cut losses n give the club up!

Good morning Gordon ✋

Can you imagine a consortium of Forum members running the club? Might as well shut the gates now.

And I canny abide folk that don't read a thread properly.

Also doesn't matter if your a season ticket holder or a guy that gets down a few times a season we all have a voice whether it be in the stands or on this forum. I know that the board aren't siphoning any cash into there retirement fund ( had a laugh that you wrote millions btw). The board have made it clear that they are done funding the club, but it is pretty clear that they are holding out for an offer to buy that does put cash in there pockets! That offer may never come so as I said cut losses n give the club up!

I have found our board very frustrating. But they are the custodians of our great club, and as such need to be trusted to run it. There is no doubt all the anger and frustrations on here is because we all care for our club and want it to be successful. No matter who runs our club, we would all find fault and would do things differently ourselves. We should probably be more concerned about our team rather than our Board.Two games in and we find ourselves 6 points down! FCUK!FCUK!FCUK! The team selection was pish. The performance was pish. The manager and players need to get the fingers out of their arses and stop fannying around. There is no doubt we have the players to compete in this league, but we do need to strengthen our defence and sign another striker. Lets hope the players feel as angry as the supporters and start competing to win games. Roll on Friday 21st and start with Morton. COYS!