Keith Watson Signs - Merged

Unless it is cover for Naismith, first and foremost. Still, he has a decent pedigree and would surely have been worth a year. Perhaps we could only afford 6 months of wages in the first instance.

Penny pinching?? Seems we only sign players when we're forced into it. Murray said they had been interested in him but we only really went to sign him after Naismith got injured. Then you find out its only for 6 months so once naismiths back we'll run the gauntlet of having no cover again.

Penny pinching?? Seems we only sign players when we're forced into it. Murray said they had been interested in him but we only really went to sign him after Naismith got injured. Then you find out its only for 6 months so once naismiths back we'll run the gauntlet of having no cover again.

It's called working within your budget.

Naismith out for 6 months. If Jason returns in January or before, he will most likely come back in as a first pick right back. Watson either puts himself in shop window for time being, or impresses enough to sign on for a further 6 months or longer and makes one of the other positions along the back his own.

It's called working within your budget.

have to agree, until our spending is done we wont know why this is only 6 months

as someone has stated above possibly suited the player also (shop window)

should be win win either way biggrin.png

damn wasn't quick enough lol

Edited by jama

Plenty of players sign for clubs till January, and quite a few seem to sign on for the rest of the season if they've impressed. No reason why this can't happen here.

Good signing. Welcome, Keith!

If he impresses he won't be signing for us in the 2nd half of the season. Only way we'll get to keep him is if he's hopeless!

Unless it is cover for Naismith, first and foremost. Still, he has a decent pedigree and would surely have been worth a year. Perhaps we could only afford 6 months of wages in the first instance.

Or maybe the club was thinking of his injury history.

I'm surprised that some haven't heard of him. Was highly thought of at United initially I think.

The fact he's been loaned to Hibs & now has no club suggests he's not kicked on. Time for Murray to get him back on track.

Why would I know of him ? Because United 'initially' thought highly of him and he's been put out to loan at a number of Clubs? Nah... not knocking him, but had never heard of him....

What's that red thing Watson & Murray are holding in the feeshal' website photo? Is that one of those mysterious lesser-spotted away kit thingummyjigs?

post-3557-0-19341600-1440088753_thumb.jp

Edited by Vambo57

Tend to agree. Not a fan of losing players in the January window. Particularly when everyone else tends to strengthen. Looks like a right good signing and I wish him well. If the 6 months is our doing maybe the game plan is to offer a new multi year contract to big Jason. Hope so as he is a cracking player.

You're kidding yourself if you think we'll get another player of Webster's calibre to give us the time of day. He'll have other offers, and if it takes him another couple of days to choose us, I'll still be happy he did. Why drive him away and end up with no-one or someone shite? Brainless

i have to be honest im not a big fan of him and never really have been but in this instance my head takes over

i wld take him no prob at our level

no problem he would do a decent job for us

Couple of Arabs that I know rated him really highly, but lost his way with two bad knee injuries. Reckon that if we keep him fit then will do a bloody good job for us at RB.

Good bit of business by Murray.

Fingers crossed but you can bet your last penny IF he gets any type of injury the usual wallopers will be queueing up to say................

Well, you know the rest.

with only 6 months to go on his contract he is now free to sign a pre-contract agreement with any club.

Just being cheery

I don't think there's any doubt that the guy is a proven top flight level player.

The reason he isn't playing there is simply because of his injury record. With us, he will be looking to prove his fitness and his form between now and January in the hope of winning a move back to top flight football and top flight wages.

He gets a platform, we get an experienced and motivated player. Seems a good deal for both parties.