Crucial Next 4 Games

Again , we have lost to Sevco with their borrowed millions, won a game and ok lost to Sons, not great but I seem to remember they usually beat us at home. Considering , (Shull observe) the Blue Scum have done to other teams , it shows when we click we will be a force

We have kids, it will take time for this team plus additions to gel.

Treble is still on- I have no doubt this is learning the curve period. I have total faith and believe and Murray will show how good he is this season. I did not have that feeling last season....................

Dumbarton usually beat us at home? Whit????

I agree that the matches you list are important. As I have just posted in the Goodwin thread, the measure of Murray will be how quickly he learns from his mistakes. A few people seem intent on battering him for making perceived mistakes in the first place, but that is unhelpful.

We really need to get a fairly convincing win tomorrow. Friday is a wholly different proposition. We are away to an old foe who will want to take the bragging rights. We should be well up for it, but a victory will be less than straightforward to achieve.

The back to back games against Livi will be the best barometer as to how we are shaping up. A few games in, and Murray should have had the opportunity to weigh up his options.

I just hope Murray knows how important the game on Friday is and I hope that he briefs the team on the importance , also . .

Remember , years ago when no one had explained the relevance to wee Anxious ?

Aye, the Morton match is as important as any other in the league. No more so, though. Its important that we turn up, first and foremost. I'm not convinced that it is a particularly meaningful derby fixture any longer. Just another game that we should be looking to win.

Aye, the Morton match is as important as any other in the league. No more so, though. Its important that we turn up, first and foremost. I'm not convinced that it is a particularly meaningful derby fixture any longer. Just another game that we should be looking to win.

Agreed to a certain extent , however the press and the fact a larger crowd than normal will be at the game bring the derby feeling to the game. Have a feeling Morton and their fans will be more up for this than Saints. Hope I'm wrong

I reacted after the Dumbarton defeat because I think Murray and Spalding deserved it. They were the ones who dropped Thompson, Mallan and Howieson. They were the ones who watched a first half (and more) that was clearly not working, and didn't change anything until a nasty injury. They were the ones who then ignored Goodwin to CB and Kelly to FB and shoved on a kid who was caught cold and gave the game away. They are the ones who clearly have some sort of issue with a senior player, and they are the ones who managed bloody Dumbarton for several seasons, yet they looked like the full time team, the organised team, and importantly - the team who had the stronger spine, knew their jobs, and stuck to them.... and looked like they knew their best starting XI.

I have not, and will not, attack our kids... Murray and Spalding were pish on Saturday though.

Edited by pozbaird

Agreed to a certain extent , however the press and the fact a larger crowd than normal will be at the game bring the derby feeling to the game. Have a feeling Morton and their fans will be more up for this than Saints. Hope I'm wrong

I share the concerns that Ton may be more up for this than us, which is why we need to have Thommo and Goodwin on the park from the start. I'd be willing to risk a red card for JG for the leadership qualities I believe he'll bring to the side.

Not fussed too much about the cup games to be honest. If we win the cup games and only got 2 draws or defeats in the league I would swap that scenario gladly for out both cups but sitting on 6 points after 4 league games. I think that we will have a fair idea about this year's squad Murray's ability as a St Mirren manager by the time we play Hibs at the end of September.

Tbf I think many have overreacted massively.

In our 3 competitive games so far, we;

- beat Berwick comfortably

- were a penalty miss away from sneaking a draw (or possibly even a win) at Ibrox

- narrowly lost to the team sitting joint top of the league who beat Hibs the week before

Can understand people getting nervous, but ffs - give the guy a chance to get it right.

Spin of the highest order. If we had scored the penalty at Ibrox we would still have lost 3-2, unless you want to say we were a scored penalty, Ridgers holding on to the save for Rangers 3rd and a St Mirren goal out of nowhere away from winning at Ibrox. We lost at home to 1 of the 2 part time teams in the league at home... building them up as "sitting joint top of the league" after a mere one round of fixtures is pretty meaningless.

Not fussed too much about the cup games to be honest. If we win the cup games and only got 2 draws or defeats in the league I would swap that scenario gladly for out both cups but sitting on 6 points after 4 league games. I think that we will have a fair idea about this year's squad Murray's ability as a St Mirren manager by the time we play Hibs at the end of September.

Really looking forward to the Hibs game got my hotel booked in Edinburgh already.

Yes its going to take Murray time to develop his side however I find no excuses for Saturday against Dumbarton there was a clear error of judgment as such this weeks team will make for interesting reading to see if lessons have been learned. fingers crossed

All about opinions, but I don't get this 'the Morton game is just another game', or 'Killie was our derby'.

Killie v Ayr is the Ayrshire derby, and St Mirren v Morton is the Renfrewshire derby....

We should be looking to stamp these soapdodging barstewards into the turf...

Yes, the analysis isn't calm or rational on here and that's a problem because it feeds back to the team who then start playing with fear.

Fans need to learn that their role is to calm the f**k down a bit and allow the team time to settle.

Not only is it taking our fans years to learn this rather basic necessity but many don't actually care about the team, as long as they get their miserable, pitiful whine out.

As for tomorrow, I agree that a win is something we should be aiming for. A comfortable win would be a bonus. A win by any means would be great.

It really doesn't

Yes I am a misery oaky. I actually ain't but let's pretend I am it's more fun and you can continue to get a wee jab in here or there fine no problem. Read my posts and you will see that I predict early season pain with saints playing better come October. What I will say is that regardless of what team any saints side put out if that team fails to beat Annan then there is bound to be criticism and quite rightly so. We should be able to beat them and have some in reserve. I am absolutely convinced we will win but there is a good argument with the defence? It hasn't been addressed and it needs time when it is addressed to bed in? I would like it sorted and quick as it's costing us. Tomorrow I will be there supporting my team and will predict a fine 3-0 win. Cheerio happy clappers

Who cares?

The most important thing is winning the Trophy.

Dinnae support a football team to add up how much money they earn.

Always live in hope of a wee taste of glory, via silverware and open top buses.

Fuxake man, I don't care abt the money either, I was commenting on the initial post!!!