Shankland And Webster

Sorry Scotty did not know Kelly was that tall!

But it doesn't change my opinion I don't think he looks comfortable in the Central defence area.

Looked nervous against Morton lost to many headers. I think Kelly is our best option at LB he gets forward as much as Conlan gives the ball away less than Conlan and defends 1000 times better than Conlan!

I would use him as back up in that position rather than Goodwin I would also play him in the position against Livingston tonight if Webster has not been signed!

I agree he was nervy at Cappielow mate, but thought he improved in the second half and like I say I've been impressed with him in the centre, enough to think that's where his future lies.

I also agree he is better than Conlan at left back, although we may see better from Conlan as I think he must be better than we've seen so far.

It's nice to have some options in all areas of the pitch. Just a case of the manager now getting a more settled line up and sticking to a system, which I'm sure he will soon.

I agree he was nervy at Cappielow mate, but thought he improved in the second half and like I say I've been impressed with him in the centre, enough to think that's where his future lies.

I also agree he is better than Conlan at left back, although we may see better from Conlan as I think he must be better than we've seen so far.

It's nice to have some options in all areas of the pitch. Just a case of the manager now getting a more settled line up and sticking to a system, which I'm sure he will soon.

I still wonder if Murray will try us in a three at the back in certain games this season. Watson and Conlan as wing backs, three in the middle, two up front.

Dumbarton fans said he loved a 3-5-2 last season.

I had wondered this, would be a strong team. Only draw back I can see Is that we wouldn't really have a place for McMullan, who I believe should be playing every week. Unless he could play up front.

But a centre half trio of Kelly, Webster and Baird is interesting.

All along I've thought the priority signing we needed was a striker, in the form of Shankland.... I knew the defence was young and would make a few mistakes. Tonight has completely changed my opinion. We desperately need a CH to play along side Baird, Kelly needs moved back to left back/benched. Sean has looked very nervous thus far and needs to sharpen up or sit out.

I really didn't anticipate us being this shite, however, it's still early days and a few wins and a bit of confidence it could swing the other way.

Time will tell.

I've lost track of how long it's been that anyone with a passing interest in Saints has realised that the team needs an experienced centre back.

If Webster doesn't sign then I'd guess we'll be going with the current crop at least until January.

I've lost track of how long it's been that anyone with a passing interest in Saints has realised that the team needs an experienced centre back.

If Webster doesn't sign then I'd guess we'll be going with the current crop at least until January.

If webster doesn't sign this current crop could be relegated by January.

Manager has confirmed that Shankland will sign in time for Saturday.

Has also said that Webster will be given 48 hours and if he doesn't sign by then we "are out" as we "need players now".

Resisted the temptation to start a new thread for this question but who will play upfront alongside Shankland?

• Gallagher (my choice)
  • Thompson
  • Gow

I'm assuming we're not going to play him upfront alone and he will be first choice upon arrival.

Resisted the temptation to start a new thread for this question but who will play upfront alongside Shankland?

• Gallagher (my choice)
  • Thompson
  • Gow
I'm assuming we're not going to play him upfront alone and he will be first choice upon arrival.

Aye, Gallagher and Shankland to start.

They'll need decent service, though.