Shankland And Webster

But we've scored in 5 of our 6 games?

I see the biggest problem keeping them out.

5 from 6 games is pretty poor though.

A championship winning side would average nearer 2 goals per game.

In saying that, last time we won this division we did so with, I think, the lowest ever number of goals scored by a championship winning side.

However, we had an incredibly strong defence. We did this by essentially by packing the team with defensive players and sitting behind the ball and relying on key attackers such as Adam & Sutton to get goals with limited supply.

We even had a striker, Stewart Kean, who put in a lot of defensive work.

Unfortunately, this side doesn't appear able to attack or defend!

Shanks paperwork is all through, he will sign on Thursday morning and train with the team afterwards and will go straight into the squad for Saturday.

Fairly sure it's a season long loan but Dons will have option to recall in January.

No news on Webster.

5 from 6 games is pretty poor though.

A championship winning side would average nearer 2 goals per game.

In saying that, last time we won this division we did so with, I think, the lowest ever number of goals scored by a championship winning side.

However, we had an incredibly strong defence. We did this by essentially by packing the team with defensive players and sitting behind the ball and relying on key attackers such as Adam & Sutton to get goals with limited supply.

We even had a striker, Stewart Kean, who put in a lot of defensive work.

Unfortunately, this side doesn't appear able to attack or defend!

You've misunderstood, I said we've scored IN 5 of our 6 games, we have scored 9 goals in 6 games, to save you getting a sore heid, that's 1.5 per game, not too far from your prefered "nearer 2 goals per game".

No need to thank me. thumbup2.gif

Shanks paperwork is all through, he will sign on Thursday morning and train with the team afterwards and will go straight into the squad for Saturday.

Fairly sure it's a season long loan but Dons will have option to recall in January.

No news on Webster.

Can anyone just explain to me why our club is so porous with sensitive, critical information that could alert another club to intervene, but can barely muster up the will to communicate routine matters with its own support..?

Are there no professionals amongst the club management structure? Can anyone pick up whatever critical transfer info they like for the price of a cappuccino and an Empire biscuit?

Its good news Shankland has signed/will be signing but to be honest I wish that Webster had confirmed he is signing also. I also am pleased that Ian Murray has finally come to his senses and informed Webster he has 48hours to sign or our offer is off the table, if only he had done this earlier to the player who appears only to be using us for the training facilities. I do hope he has another creative midfielder and defender lined up and we are not going to rushed into panic buying.

Edited by stripey

Resisted the temptation to start a new thread for this question but who will play upfront alongside Shankland?

• Gallagher (my choice)
  • Thompson
  • Gow

I'm assuming we're not going to play him upfront alone and he will be first choice upon arrival.

I think we should go with all 4 - drop some of the weak midfielders and get the ball up to the strikers! Canny be any worse than what we have seen so far!

No news on Webster.

Love it when we get this from the diehard mod, any chance of you becoming Gilmour's spokesperson ?

By my reckoning we have Shankland, Gow, Thompson, McGregor and McManus all of whom are strikers. Get 2 defenders and a midfield playmaker in and we have the best squad, on paper, for years

McGregor?

Gallagher?

Edited by Drew

By my reckoning we have Shankland, Gow, Thompson, McGregor and McManus all of whom are strikers. Get 2 defenders and a midfield playmaker in and we have the best squad, on paper, for years

Who is McGregor mate ? Do you mean Gallagher ?