Shankland And Webster

Some amount of pressure on this lad now.

Hopefully not.

He is a young lad, and that shouldn't be forgotten. Its good to have him on board, but he will take time to settle in. Hopefully he can establish a good partnership with Gallagher in due course, with Thompson as super-sub!

Up top on his own, isolated and feeding off scraps on Saturday?

Edit: Drew - yeah, I didn't mean there ought to be, just that there inevitably will be after the build-up. I hope he's given the support from the team and fans he will need to thrive.

Edited by Magic Monkey

Tomorrow = Today it seems.

Well done to all involved. Centre half next please and a creative midfielder.

Do we need a creative midfielder ahead of a strong (ideally experienced) sitting midfielder who will allow Agnew and Mallan to express themselves a bit more? I'm not so sure.

Do we need a creative midfielder ahead of a strong (ideally experienced) sitting midfielder who will allow Agnew and Mallan to express themselves a bit more? I'm not so sure.

I'm not sure. There's certainly something lacking in the centre of the park and I'm not sure Aggy provides it. There's not a lot of link up between the middle of the pitch and the final third and it's where the vast majority of our play seems to break down. We look a lot more dangerous attacking from wide positions.

Another huge issue this season already has been the lack of movement at set-pieces and this is something which seems to transcend managers since way back in Gus times. Everyone always seems to be stationery and instead of making a clever or late run to get a leap on a header, allow themselves to be tightly marked and have no momentum or space to do so.

Delighted with this signing. He is highly thought of at Aberdeen, though they have a few players queueing up at the moment for a start, so this is perfect for his development. You only have to look at a player like Stevie May, who used a loan move where he banged in goals, to become St Johnstone's hottest property when he broke into the first team.

I think him and Gallagher could forge a pretty decent forward line, with the Hawk contributing later in play. With it being a loan deal, I wonder how many we can afford to bring in.

You've misunderstood, I said we've scored IN 5 of our 6 games, we have scored 9 goals in 6 games, to save you getting a sore heid, that's 1.5 per game, not too far from your prefered "nearer 2 goals per game".

No need to thank me. thumbup2.gif

Yeh, but 5 have come against lower division opposition

4 in 4 games isn't good!

This signing puts to bed any talk of 'consolidation', 'rebuilding' and 'mid table finish'.

Shankland, Gallagher, McManus and Thompson are on 1 year deals. None will likely be here next season and another rebuilding job will be required.

A crack at promotion via the okay offs is what is required.

Murray needs to decide on a settled side and stop fannying about.

Glad to have cover upfront don't know much about the boy but his goals to games ratio in the U20s is pretty special!

Also means we don't have to rely on Allan Gow!

I think Aggy will be a good player but he's not a tackler neither is McMullan or Mallan. Carswell has not looked that solid in midfeild and Goodwin is victimised by officials and oposition player's to the point if he makes half time without a yellow card it's something of a result!

So solid sitting Midfeilder still needed a Shug Murray type player would help the Midfeilder IMO.

The defence needs experience someone who can help Baird and Kelly develop be a leader at the back. Webster would be ideal wish he would make up his mind!

With the injuries to our defence just now herd Shaun Rooney had left Heart's might be worth another look?

welcome to club Shanks!

Hurray up Webster sign or F-ck off!