Shankland And Webster

Exactly, hope Murray moves onto Chris Kane from St.johnstone. Webster has had long enough to make up his mind as well.

I think we were in for him earlier in the summer but St Johnstone decided not to loan him out this year. Suppose that could change in the last few days of the window though.

Chris Kane has came off the bench in the last three games for St Johnstone, including getting the last 20 minutes on Saturday.

As fans of them have said all summer, he is in their first team squad and won't be getting loaned anywhere.

Shankland is obviously a different scenario. He can't even get himself on the bench for Aberdeen, never mind the pitch.

Edited by TopCat

Why do we not just wait and see what happens?

Reading urine from "people in the know" was never fun and it has become somewhat less tolreable over the last week or so. Somewhat less tolerable indeed.

Rather than hoping for new players my immediate concern would be dealing with the woeful workrate our team has shown in each of the first three league matches.

Wait and see, we may get these players, we may get different players, we may get no-one.

That said I do hope that deadline day will be slightly more interesting than they have been in recent years.

I see Fraser Wright has left St Johnstone. A big, no nonsense centre back.

A tricky period of the season just now. Killie will be looking at who they could bring in to stiffen their defence and Inverness are looking for a goal scorer. Our 2 main targets could maybe be attracting attention from the Premiership.

A tricky period of the season just now. Killie will be looking at who they could bring in to stiffen their defence and Inverness are looking for a goal scorer. Our 2 main targets could maybe be attracting attention from the Premiership.

I noticed a tweet this morning linking Fraser Wright with Dumbarton. He would be an ideal player for us if as expected Webster goes elsewhere.

Aye, there is no reason to assume that we are in the box seat for these players. No doubt numerous players will be scrabbling about for clubs by the end of the week, though, as their options diminish by the day. Hopefully, we can pick up a couple who are decent. In saying that, those who are free agents aren't tied to the window, but we need to strengthen a couple of key areas sooner rather than later, and haven't done too well with signings out with the window in recent years.

I noticed a tweet this morning linking Fraser Wright with Dumbarton. He would be an ideal player for us if as expected Webster goes elsewhere.

He's already signed for someone I think.

Someone on Pie And Bovril said as much, although I couldn't suss out who the guy supported when he said 'he's signed for us'.

Edit to add, it's Dumbarton, coaching role as well.

Edited by Rabinho

Just Noticed this tweet.

---------------------------------------------

@RonnieMacKay

St Mirren hope to tie-up the signing of Andy Webster by tomorrow and the loan deal for Lawrnece Shankland from Aberdeen. #stmirren

-----------------------------------------------

Just in time for cup game? Hopefully.

Also looks like Lawrence is at crappielow today with celtic u20s Vs Aberdeen u20s, quick drive to SMP and signed up smile.png ?

Edited by ADMITCHELL

Just Noticed this tweet.

Ronnie MacKay

@RonnieMacKay

St Mirren hope to tie-up the signing of Andy Webster by tomorrow and the loan deal for Lawrnece Shankland from Aberdeen. #stmirren

MacKay usually quite reliable, if I recall correctly. In saying that, we are way past the point of taking any comment on these deals with a pinch of salt.

Just Noticed this tweet.

Ronnie MacKay

@RonnieMacKay

Also looks like Lawrence is at crappielow today with Aberdeen u20s Vs celtic, quick drive to SMP and signed up smile.png ?

Just Noticed this tweet.

Ronnie MacKay

@RonnieMacKay

Also looks like Lawrence is at crappielow today with Aberdeen u20s Vs celtic, quick drive to SMP and signed up smile.png ?

There'll be no pressure on this Shankland lad to do well, to hit the ground running, to score hat-tricks in each of his first three matches, will there? unsure.png

It has taken so long to complete the deal that everyBuddie will be rather relaxed about his arrival and thus allow him ample time to settle in and mesh with the other players, before he starts showing his mettle, I feel sure. smile.png

Chill. Lawrie... rolleyes.gif

Edited by bluto

Mcphersons div one team would absolutely pump this year's team

I would say that the championship season and the first half of our return season to the SPL were among the high points of the last 10 years but the following period was brutal (great escapes aside). Yes we were safe, but I've never enjoyed the football less than his last season or so.