Shankland And Webster

Despite making several signings close season, not one of whom has impressed me yet, it appears we are scrambling about for either rejects or loanees.Rather reminds me of last season when we also had a pitiful number of points and rootes at the bottom end of the table.

I had higher hopes for Ian Murray when he joined but the pathetic displays so far do not inspire confidence.We have nothing up front and rarely score any goals, get it sorted pronto !

Despite making several signings close season, not one of whom has impressed me yet, it appears we are scrambling about for either rejects or loanees.Rather reminds me of last season when we also had a pitiful number of points and rootes at the bottom end of the table.

I had higher hopes for Ian Murray when he joined but the pathetic displays so far do not inspire confidence.We have nothing up front and rarely score any goals, get it sorted pronto !

You haven't been impressed by Agnew? Or Mullan? Langfield, although not signed pre-season, is also looking like a great bit of business.

Just Noticed this tweet.

---------------------------------------------

Ronnie MacKay

@RonnieMacKay

St Mirren hope to tie-up the signing of Andy Webster by tomorrow and the loan deal for Lawrnece Shankland from Aberdeen. #stmirren

-----------------------------------------------

Just in time for cup game? Hopefully.

Also looks like Lawrence is at crappielow today with celtic u20s Vs Aberdeen u20s, quick drive to SMP and signed up smile.png ?

Ahh the old tomorrow patter once more returns.

Edited by Kendo

No idea mate. Both will be in the squad on Saturday is my prediction though!

Well.... ye really have to expect that to be the case.

Away back, IM DID say two players might not be in till August.... which ends on Monday. :(

His coat-peg isnae really shoogly but he should take the lead weights out of the pockets, just in case.

You haven't been impressed by Agnew? Or Mullan? Langfield, although not signed pre-season, is also looking like a great bit of business.

Not seen Langfield yet. Agnew seemed decent against Berwick (nothing since though) but have seen McMullan several times and dont rate him in the least. Can be brushed off the ball by a gust of wind and has the heart of a mouse.

Not seen Langfield yet. Agnew seemed decent against Berwick (nothing since though) but have seen McMullan several times and dont rate him in the least. Can be brushed off the ball by a gust of wind and has the heart of a mouse.

Funny how a player signed with top club in Scotland is deemed not good enough. Fancy Ronnie Deila would not have kept him if he wasn't good enough.

I know it's really frustrating for everyone but sadly, like Langfield before them, we've just got to be patient.

In one case we are at the mercy of the parent club, and in the other we have a free agent who am sure has not been short of offers.

There is no benefit to Aberdeen letting Shankland go before they are ready, and there is no rush for Webster who can sign for whoever he likes even after the transfer window is closed.

We could of course say "sign by tomorrow or the offer is getting taken off the table" and then most likely see the players sign for our rivals, or we just tough it out and be patient.

It took him a season and a half to put that team in place.

Entirely different club however.

St. Mirren had £3 million of debt when during Gus' first 2 seasons and no training facilities.

Gus' took over from a starting point of trying to stave off relegation to the third tier.

In his first full season in charge he managed to finish second.

Will Ian Murray manage second place from a far better starting point and having far superior resources at his disposal?

have seen McMullan several times and dont rate him in the least. Can be brushed off the ball by a gust of wind and has the heart of a mouse.

That is the opposite of the McMullan I saw battering down the left wing against Dumbarton. The ball stuck to him... wee, tough and hard to shift.

I want these guys to sign but a young striker from Aberdeen and an old head at the back won't solve our offensive problems as things stand.

The midfield isn't creative enough and don't get forward quickly enough to support the lone striker.

Unless Murray is prepared to go 2 up front ( the best option I think) or at least have someone playing off Thommo (preferably not Gow) we will continue to struggle this season imho.

He could have used Gallacher as the 2nd striker or played him "in the hole" already but has chosen not to so I'm not convinced Shankland's arrival will change Murray's preferred formation.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by bingboy

I know it's really frustrating for everyone but sadly, like Langfield before them, we've just got to be patient.

In one case we are at the mercy of the parent club, and in the other we have a free agent who am sure has not been short of offers.

There is no benefit to Aberdeen letting Shankland go before they are ready, and there is no rush for Webster who can sign for whoever he likes even after the transfer window is closed.

We could of course say "sign by tomorrow or the offer is getting taken off the table" and then most likely see the players sign for our rivals, or we just tough it out and be patient.

I totally understand the logic however I sincerely hope that we have a couple of plan Bs as Webster will clearly only sign for us if he doesn't get a better offer elsewhere.

As for Shankland I don't understand why there would be a delay?

I'm perfectly patient as long as we do have other irons in the fire. I also believe that holding out for your preferred options is the correct strategy, as long as we have other options and we have not put all our eggs in one basket.

Entirely different club however.

St. Mirren had £3 million of debt when during Gus' first 2 seasons and no training facilities.

Gus' took over from a starting point of trying to stave off relegation to the third tier.

In his first full season in charge he managed to finish second.

Will Ian Murray manage second place from a far better starting point and having far superior resources at his disposal?

That was the season you predicted we'd end up struggling to avoid relegation after we were put out the Cup. holiday.gif

I totally understand the logic however I sincerely hope that we have a couple of plan Bs as Webster will clearly only sign for us if he doesn't get a better offer elsewhere.

As for Shankland I don't understand why there would be a delay?

I'm perfectly patient as long as we do have other irons in the fire. I also believe that holding out for your preferred options is the correct strategy, as long as we have other options and we have not put all our eggs in one basket.

If Shankland is as good as everyone here is raving then I am surprised Aberdeen are letting the boy go out on loan. The poor soul will have a lot to live up to if he does come as we have a shower of twats who don't minde giving young players abuse.

As for Webster he holds all the cards ( offer ) hope he joins though I really do.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint