Shankland And Webster

I think Kelly should play LB he can play in defence in emergencies but he's not tall enough looses to many headers!

As for bringing the ball out from the back.. far more scope to do that from LB position than CB.

get Webster signed and play a back 4 of Kelly,Baird,Webster,Watson

Kelly's 6'2"...

Different bringing ball out at full back to stepping out with the ball from centre back. Seems I'm in a small minority with my opinion on Kelly. If Webster signs it looks like Kelly will revert to left back for now, although I do see a future for him in the centre.

Kelly's 6'2"...

Different bringing ball out at full back to stepping out with the ball from centre back. Seems I'm in a small minority with my opinion on Kelly. If Webster signs it looks like Kelly will revert to left back for now, although I do see a future for him in the centre.

I think Kelly looks more like a centre back than a left back. His weakness at left back is that he seems to find it difficult to track back and a lot of opposition last season pounced on this. Maybe he has improved on this part of his game, or maybe he wont find it as difficult at this level.

If Webster does sign, he would be first pick at centre half on that side along with Baird. With Conlan suspended after his sending off, I would imagine Kelly would get the nod after Stewart for left back though through experience.

Edited by kevo_smfc

Sorry Scotty did not know Kelly was that tall!

But it doesn't change my opinion I don't think he looks comfortable in the Central defence area.

Looked nervous against Morton lost to many headers. I think Kelly is our best option at LB he gets forward as much as Conlan gives the ball away less than Conlan and defends 1000 times better than Conlan!

I would use him as back up in that position rather than Goodwin I would also play him in the position against Livingston tonight if Webster has not been signed!

Sorry Scotty did not know Kelly was that tall!

But it doesn't change my opinion I don't think he looks comfortable in the Central defence area.

Looked nervous against Morton lost to many headers. I think Kelly is our best option at LB he gets forward as much as Conlan gives the ball away less than Conlan and defends 1000 times better than Conlan!

I would use him as back up in that position rather than Goodwin I would also play him in that position against Livingston tonight if Webster has not been signed!

You can never be 100% certain with anything in football, particularly signings (and yes the sale of a club too before anyone says it !)

Until the player is pictured holding the scarf or wearing the shirt then it's never certain.

That said, in this case I'd bet my last fiver on both these players being part of the squad for the league game against Livingston on Saturday.

Would you bet shull's last fiver?

Cheers for the PM, lovezo. Great signing. Glad to hear it's a done deal.

This whole nonsense you hear on here about waiting until the player is confirmed on the official website as signed - I don't believe a player has signed until lovezo sends me a PM to confirm it.

Cheers for the PM, lovezo. Great signing. Glad to hear it's a done deal.

This whole nonsense you hear on here about waiting until the player is confirmed on the official website as signed - I don't believe a player has signed until lovezo sends me a PM to confirm it.

Windswept just e-mailed me. Not signed as yet