St Mirren V Livingston Championship 29/8/15

shull

We must be looking to win on Saturday to show that we are at least starting to gel as a team. Hopefully Webster will sign up before Saturday and Shankland will get a game at some stage and make a positive impact. I still think that Murray will turn this around and give us a decent season, the hangover from being relegated affects most teams and hopefully ours will start to wear off soon.

We must be looking to win on Saturday to show that we are at least starting to gel as a team. Hopefully Webster will sign up before Saturday and Shankland will get a game at some stage and make a positive impact. I still think that Murray will turn this around and give us a decent season, the hangover from being relegated affects most teams and hopefully ours will start to wear off soon.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not making a prediction for score this week ( every previous one hasn't gone to plan ) .

What I will predict is , a performance that is fitting of a team in the famous black and white stripes .

I really hope we give this shower a real going over .

Onwards and upwards .

The team that played the second half on Tuesday night were very young. Apart from Langfield at one end of the pitch and Thompson at the other, we had:

Stewart, Baird, Kelly, Cuddihy, Mallan, Carswell, Morgan, Howieson/McMullan and Gallagher.

Twelve months ago, the majority of these guys had never been near regular first team football........some of them were still in nappies, ffs. This team is bound to improve over the next few months. Its not as if any of these guys are near their peak yet.

It will be a mixed season, but it WILL get better. We only need to be 4th in about 8 months time to have a good go at promotion as an exciting young team on the up.

The vast majority of our fans wanted Murray appointed and congratulated the board when he was.

The funds provided to the manager are at least on a par with 7 of the clubs in this division to spend as he sees fit. We spend what comes in, and not a penny more or a less. This is certainly the correct way to run a football club. The days of loading clubs with debt to banks and individuals in the hope of success are over, and thank goodness.

Would you like the club to go into debt to get an extra player or two?

But surely given the size of our club in comparison to all others, except Hibs and Rangers, PLUS the parachute payment, means we should be setting a higher budget, aiming higher than all the other teams? We seem to be happy simply to exist, and that has been the feeling around the club for several years in my opinion.

In this day and age, I am thrilled that our Board aim for us just to exist.

Any extra revenue would be better put aside for a rainy day.

And a rainy day is not knickers getting a drenching.

Edited by shull

Looking forward to this now, hopefully the whole squad is in a high now after the new additions

Langfield

Watson. Webster. Baird. Kelly

Goodwin

Mcmullan. Agnew. Mallan

Shankland. Gallacher

Thommo will be an impact sub when they tire from chasing shadows for 60 mins

Langfield

Watson baird Webster Kelly

Agnew Carswell

McMullan Mallan Gallagher

Shankland

3-0 Saints (Shankland 34,65. Gallagher 54)

COYS - The start of a great unbeaten run that takes us up to 2nd place by the end of october.