St Mirren V Livingston Championship 29/8/15

shull

The table doesn't like faraway.

This IS one of the worst Saints sides in 25 years.

5 games now against Championship opposition, 3 of them at home and we've failed to win any of them and lost 3.

That is absolutely abysmal.

Its worse than John fecking Coughlin!

Faraway doesn't go to games he wouldn't know take it easy on him

The table doesn't like faraway.

This IS one of the worst Saints sides in 25 years.

5 games now against Championship opposition, 3 of them at home and we've failed to win any of them and lost 3.

That is absolutely abysmal.

Its worse than John fecking Coughlin!

That's a bit nasty?

Overall, poor, early days, as always, far too early for over reaction.

Could have done with a win today.

Just not acceptable, the midfield is just horrendous, could count on one hand how many passes they completed in 90 mins, Murray had 2 strikers to start but chooses to play one as a winger, it's livi at home FFS let's just go at them

Baird tried but again he shouldn't have been put at right back, Morgan came in and does the same thing over and over, runs straight down the touch line, needs to mix it up a bit.

Where do we go from here? Today was the time to start our season and all that's evident is things aren't going to get much better, 4 league games 3 cup games and we've been piss poor in them all, how long can fans be asked to put money in and be dished up this rubbish.

I am all for getting behind the team but they need to give us something to shout about, god knows where a win will come from

Sounds desperate.

It looks as though a lot of people were underestimating the standard of the Championship and overestimating the ability of our players.

On paper we have a few standout players (langfield, Webster possibly shankland from reports). However the rest are either past it, average or young boys.

Again absolutely dismal. Love to know Murrays game plan. Not sure he knows. No midfield as usual. No service to strikers. Ended up with 3 small stature players in Midfield at then again. Bairds totally lost out of position. No pass marks for any player. Manager is clueless. Glad I won't be back for a few weeks. Can't watch this drivel much longer.

Edited by santaponsasaint

Weak. Tactically inept. Baffling substitutions.

The players didn't lose the game today. The management did.

Agreed.

When we get it on the deck, we're alright. But that's only for about mins each half, the rest of the time we're punting it up to no one in particular. Pish.

The problem is Murray. I had high hopes but he's been a massive disappointment.

4 games no wins is not good enough.We are in for a relegation battle at this rate.

I think the players are good enough they are just being mismanaged. I'll accept the midfield is poor, esp without Goodwin. I don't think he knows his best lineup yet...

Jury is out but not looking like a positive verdict. Tommy Craig mark 2!

We have been able.to attract good players it might take time and I hope that is it. We are just a poor team at present and I think too many young players at one time. He said he needed battle hardened championship style players but I don't know if some of our lads don't seem to have the physical capacity

Defence wasn't dreadful

No midfield and no attack

Anyone who thought Murray was going with 2 up top doesn't know much about the club, that was never a 2 man front line

Langfield was not punished for his many mistakes, but the savvy managers in this league will be slavering at the thought of his "will I come-won't I come" dilemmas. He needs some focus and he needs to sustain it

We have no punch or dig, Goodwin was OK when tackling but did nothing off the ball

We need to be better without the ball

Other than that, it didn't rain and we didn't lose

Weak link is midfield, we have no composure in that area of the pitch, and it is where most promising moves break down.

Baird not comfortable at right back, and why was Gallagher not played up top?

Hugely frustrating, but we also need to remember that Shankland only came in this week and was unlucky with his effort off the post in the first half.

I'm not sure what the answers are, though we do need to toughen up, that's for sure.

Murray needs to find a settled, preferred, line up. He has his full squad (or almost), so not excuses now. That wasn't nearly good enough this afternoon, but I think it is too early to bring out the knives. If we are still toiling come mid-October, that might need to be re-evaluated, however.

Oh, and the booing at the end. What is that likely to achieve?

Edited by Drew