St Mirren V Livingston Championship 29/8/15

shull

Not long home, that was dreadful again, midfield simply isn't good enough, Agnew has a decent strike on him but that's as far as it goes, I really don't think he has the ability to dominate games.

Our midfield had been dominated every game so far this season bar the Berwick Rangers game.

If there is any Midget left it must be used on strengthening the midfield.

No point signing a goalscorer like shankland if we can't create chances for him, that boy is going to get very frustrated with the lack of service.

FIFY!

I have to admit that I'm having doubts about Ian Murray after watching our first 4 league outings. We have a very decent squad who look as if they haven't got any idea how to play as a team.

His tactics formations and substitutions are quite baffling to say the least. I reckon both him and Splalding better get the finger out and sort out the midfield mess or we could be in a relegation scrap.

We haven't looked less like scoring since the darkest days of Gus, but at least you could see what his game plan was.

We also play at a snail's pace.

I hope to f*ck something changes/clicks soon.

We have fast players but very rarely get in behind teams, really need to play to players strengths.

I have to admit that I'm having doubts about Ian Murray after watching our first 4 league outings. We have a very decent squad who look as if they haven't got any idea how to play as a team.

His tactics formations and substitutions are quite baffling to say the least. I reckon both him and Splalding better get the finger out and sort out the midfield mess or we could be in a relegation scrap.

I think it could be the appointment of Spalding as assistant where we have went wrong, Dumbarton fans say there results went down hill rapidly when Jack Ross left as assistant and Spalding was appointed.

I'm scunnered. I was optimistic this season with the new squad which looked good on paper and the managerial appointment.

The performances have been dire. We sit off teams and have been dominated in every game. The players change every game, and the result is nobody seems to know what position they are playing and what they are doing. The manager seems to have no idea on the best 11.

We have no wins this season against Championship clubs. Livingston celebrated a 1-1 draw against us like it was a massive result! It's too early to be looking a managerial changes but he needs to get it right pronto. On the last few games I have my doubts if he is able to do so.

After the game, frustrated Saints boss Ian Murray said: “We played quite well at times. We scored an early goal, which was a fantastic start, but we didn’t really kick on after that to the extent we wanted to. It was another set-play goal against us so we’re disappointed.

“We started the second half very well and then had a wee dip, which we knew was going to happen. Livi had a couple of chances and we finished the stronger of the two, which is normal for the home team.”

Will get to see for myself next week how things are.

Last season Dumbarton won the same number of games as us 9 in total while the lost 79 goals. These are not great stats which makes me wonder why on earth did we take a chance with Murray with this being such an important season to try and at least make the play offs.

seen him plenty at Queens Park u 20 level and he has bulked up substantially since then. When most posts complain of being bullied or pushed off ball it never happened to him today. Held up a few, flicked on some headers, great hold up ,turn and shot that hit post. Did have 1 chance that he should`ve put away in first half if he was a bit sharper but put that down to lack of first team games. He will come good.

Worrying signs at this point in the season... many of Murray's early signings have yet to show they can make a positive contribution to the first team this year: Gow, Thompson, Conlan, Howieson, Agnew, Carswell. Our midfield has looked second best in every game (except that stunning win against Berwick) and in the league the results AND performances have been poor and we now face a run of games against Queen of the South, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and Hibs where we have to hope that as the quality of opposition improves we begin rising to the challenge, otherwise we will go into October already out on contention for the play off places.

Gow did more in an attacking sense in his few minutes on the park than most of the rest of the midfield managed in 90 !

After the game, frustrated Saints boss Ian Murray said: “We played quite well at times. We scored an early goal, which was a fantastic start, but we didn’t really kick on after that to the extent we wanted to. It was another set-play goal against us so we’re disappointed.

“We started the second half very well and then had a wee dip, which we knew was going to happen. Livi had a couple of chances and we finished the stronger of the two, which is normal for the home team.”

Murray is frustrated? Wonder how he'd feel if he'd had to watch us at home for the last two or three seasons - bloody suicidal rather than frustrated. Seriously, is the Feegie Dinkydome jinxed? We are shit in this new midden of ours, so we paint dressing rooms black. Fcuk off.

Murray is frustrated? Wonder how he'd feel if he'd had to watch us at home for the last two or three seasons - bloody suicidal rather than frustrated. Seriously, is the Feegie Dinkydome jinxed? We are shit in this new midden of ours, so we paint dressing rooms black. Fcuk off.

We didn't kick on after that 3rd minute goal = we were good for about 5 minutes today.

In a home game against a team who just missed out on the relegation play off last year we average a shot on target every 23 minutes... and one of those was Webster's shot where he stretched and got a touch which trundled to their keeper at 1 mph.

The most worrying thing is that we create little or nothing from set plays and Agnew in particular looks woefully out of his depth (although he was signed on Murray's say so that he was a decent player at this level, although inconsistent).He has been consistent in league games, consistently crap (albeit he scored a cracker against Dumbarton) but, overall play smacks of a poor mans Mark Reilly although Mavis was 10 times the player he is!!!!

Me thinks he needs dropped pronto.

Also heard on good authority that the man who eats, sleeps and breathes football and works 27 hours a day (allegedly) aka Mark Spalding does all the training and team set ups. Murray does feck all by all accounts and by christ this all makes sense on match days.

Really fear we are on the Dungfermline slide that some predicted and at present see no light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

Perhaps Thommo can get out his paint brush and spruce it up a bit.

Hope the management team read these posts on here, not sure if they do? If not, they should.

Our midfield and defence sit way too deep, inviting even ordinary teams on to us.

Hope Agnew just had a bad day at he office today, as it was a really bad one.

Nobody in stadium could understand taking Goodwin off? Why?

We need to get McMullen more involved, more often. Somehow.

Thought Webster was good, make him captain now.

Atmosphere in stadium needs improving and PA output needs to be better.

I'm sure there is a lot more to add.........

PS Well done to the wheelchair Buddies going round the ground. Great stuff from them.

The table doesn't like faraway.

This IS one of the worst Saints sides in 25 years.

5 games now against Championship opposition, 3 of them at home and we've failed to win any of them and lost 3.

That is absolutely abysmal.

Its worse than John fecking Coughlin!

no one likes faraway ya daftybangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif