St Mirren V Livingston Championship 29/8/15

shull

This is a must win game if not we will witness the biggest melt down on the forum.

Agree with Top Cat above we can forget the play off positions if we lose this game.

How about just making it a must win game from the perspective of the league? I'm assuming we still want to try and aim to be competitive in the Championship this year while giving Murray time to build a team? If we are on 1 point or 2 points after 4 league games to Rangers, Dumbarton, Morton and Livi, and out of the League Cup to Livi that would suggest that unless there is a change in form we will struggle to hold our own against the bottom half of the Championship and will spend a season hoping that Alloa keep losing so we don't have to worry about automatic relegation.

Murray will also look pretty stupid if we do lose after his quote about it being almost impossible to win 2 games in a row against the same opponents. Celtic didn't have a problem tanking Dundee United 3 times in a row in the league and both cups last season.

We need 3 points, 1 point bare minimum and we need a performance with dig in the midfield and some signs of being a threat up front.

Why will he be "wheeled out", old chum? tongue.png

Someone will have done his dodgy knees in during training, or he will have been speared in a freak training ground incident with the Hawk. At which point Hawk fans will moan that Webster should have known better at his age than to be within spearing distance of club legend and all round non-scoring deity that is the Hawk. This scenario will allow the happy clapping persuasion to maintain their 'we will have some team once we have everyone back from injury and will just need a month for everyone to get match fit' optimistic outlook.

No one wins the league in August etc.

In midfield we require (diamond shape)-

a sitting midfielder. Protects the back four but stopping potential difficulties. Goody is by far the best we have and should continue until his discipline completely goes out the window. He managed to behave himself for about 12 consecutive games last season and has to revert to that. Carswell, for me, is not up to the task as he sits too deep and doesn't create much. Too many sideways balls however he is possibly the only other candidate for the sitting midfield position.

creative midfielder. Plays behind the strikers and goes beyond the strikers. Pretty difficult to find someone to fill McLean and McGowan's boots. McMullan would be the best bet in my opinion as he is fast, direct and can take on a man. He is wasted out wide as he never sees the ball and is hopeless tracking back. And if we leave out Thommo we do not need wide men to the same extent.

two box-to-box midfielders. Cover the centre of the pitch and link play. Mallan is a certainty and either Howieson or Agnew.

Thommo demands wingers and so far we have done that to the detriment of the team in my opinion as we play two guys too wide leaving the midfield overrun. By playing Shankland and Gallagher upfront and playing through the middle I reckon we would have a far better balance to the team.

So no wingers in my team (use overlapping fullbacks) and play through the middle where everyone is involved and knows their job. :)

Someone will have done his dodgy knees in during training, or he will have been speared in a freak training ground incident with the Hawk. At which point Hawk fans will moan that Webster should have known better at his age than to be within spearing distance of club legend and all round non-scoring deity that is the Hawk. This scenario will allow the happy clapping persuasion to maintain their 'we will have some team once we have everyone back from injury and will just need a month for everyone to get match fit' optimistic outlook.

No one wins the league in August etc.

You should write a book...............I'll look out for it in the "Rubbish Fiction" section. tongue.png

Chum. laugh.png

In midfield we require (diamond shape)-

a sitting midfielder. Protects the back four but stopping potential difficulties. Goody is by far the best we have and should continue until his discipline completely goes out the window. He managed to behave himself for about 12 consecutive games last season and has to revert to that. Carswell, for me, is not up to the task as he sits too deep and doesn't create much. Too many sideways balls however he is possibly the only other candidate for the sitting midfield position.

creative midfielder. Plays behind the strikers and goes beyond the strikers. Pretty difficult to find someone to fill McLean and McGowan's boots. McMullan would be the best bet in my opinion as he is fast, direct and can take on a man. He is wasted out wide as he never sees the ball and is hopeless tracking back. And if we leave out Thommo we do not need wide men to the same extent.

two box-to-box midfielders. Cover the centre of the pitch and link play. Mallan is a certainty and either Howieson or Agnew.

Thommo demands wingers and so far we have done that to the detriment of the team in my opinion as we play two guys too wide leaving the midfield overrun. By playing Shankland and Gallagher upfront and playing through the middle I reckon we would have a far better balance to the team.

So no wingers in my team (use overlapping fullbacks) and play through the middle where everyone is involved and knows their job. smile.png

I may ask you to be my assistant when I make my next pitch for St Mirren manager. My other ideas are the players should all have moustaches and we get rid of the scoreboard.

Kenny McLean used to get similar abuse from fans not so long ago. Is it not possible for new players to settle down at a new club and get used to the pace of Scottish football, before eventually finding a position in the team formation that best suits his game.

exactly

but that's not the st.mirren way we need to criticise the players first

well done Mehmet thumbup2.gif1eye.gifbangin.gif

Edited by jama

Debt ??? We keep hearing there will be another 3 signings but where are they. It would appear either we haven't spent the budget or someone has been telling porkies. If we have spent the budget why us IM still talking of signings.

Tam, we've still to get the 2nd 'free' Celtic loanee as part of the pre - season farce. He will be the saviour!!

We need one point bare minimum from Livingston at home? Is this a joke? We need to be beating these teams and breathable them well. Livingston had 794 at their first home game, they are not a good team. If we are serious we need to win

Norrie,do you sit at the back of Main Stand next to the Polis Control Room?

On to the game.........3-1,Shankland x2 and Kelly to score in front of 3030 Fans.2 Livy players to be sent off and their team bus to go on fire during the game.