Mixu Paatalainen

Lord Pityme

Why are we worse than Dumbarton though..? Wasnt Murray hired because i quote "he knew this league"..?

Aye and he is using that knowledge to bring us down to his Dumbarton sides level...

Most teams changed their squads so every manager will have to learn strengths and depth of opponents. Knowing the league helps but he still needs to rebuild our squad and that will take time to have it performing at the level he wants.

But how many mistakes are palatable?

He dropped Goodwin - mistake

He said Langfield would only be coach/back up - mistake

He took Conlan on after several iffy trials - mistake

He signed Gow - mistake

I could go on, and he's only had five competitive games so far but by god os he exercising that right to f**k up,,!

There are times when I despair of my fellow Saint Mirren supporters. Luckily then I remember that the minority of idiots like the one above will always feel free to moan about every bloody thing and every bloody player, nothing will ever be to their liking. They are only going to be happy when they can say "see, I told you so!" which given enough time will be the case for every scenario. Then again, they are not really "supporters". I consider myself a supporter; someone who may notice the deficiencies in the team I "support" yet would prefer to see the glass as half full and put trust in a new manager who has so far done a lot that I admire while also making a couple of errors which he has noticed and rectified.

For pity sake, the guy has been in charge for 5 minutes. He has a long difficult job to give us back the success we crave. Give him a chance!

In your opinion he made mistakes. Langfield was immense last night so using him probably won us a point. Conlon is good enough to be a player in a bigger club than us so is it possible he is taking time to settle or more suited in a different position? His decision to not play Goodwin is unknown and in your opinion Gow (coming back from a major injury) is a mistake. You may be right but ffs 3 league games and you are lambasting the manager? No matter who got the job a major rebuilding job with less resources was required. Any manager would need time and certainly more than 5 competitive games and before the transfer window closes. There is no guarantee any appointment would have fared better and saying anything else is conjecture/speculative.

We need to give the manager and players time and I for one will do that if it means we remain within budget and can see progress.

Don't rise to the bait ned. Never mind lambasting the manager after 3 league games he was doing this before we played any games. He is negative to everything that the club tries to do.

Last night was the first game we've not scored in! 2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw.......the problem is the bitching forum users that are never content, it's partly your fault we're where we're at. Cup win and the highest leauge position for years couldn't save Lennon from the poison the forums spread. Time to get a grip on reality and start feeding positive vibes to the youths or it's party over for our club! Get a grip or put your money on the table if you think you can get us into the ELITE top six.

But how many mistakes are palatable?

He dropped Goodwin - mistake

He said Langfield would only be coach/back up - mistake

He took Conlan on after several iffy trials - mistake

He signed Gow - mistake

I could go on, and he's only had five competitive games so far but by god os he exercising that right to f**k up,,!

Dropped Goodwin? He said Goodwin would play... he rested him to see how his new signings would fare. Seems perfectly sensible.

Modern football is all about the squad... so "dropped" is such a "yesterday" term for people with no idea of the modern game.

He never said "only", that, I believe, is your addition. Feel free to quote otherwise... but you never ever do when invited as your inventions don't have substance. Any decent manager wants to keep all of his staff motivated. Murray was doing just that with Ridgers.

Conlan has been called up to the Under 21's at International level. Seems Murray is not alone in seeing some potential there.

Gow... ok... hard to defend... but he actually looked a player vs Motherwell till they crippled him. There is obviously a talented player in there. I will never criticise a manager for believing he can improve a player or help him realise his potential. It is far too easy to be a keyboard warrior... isn't it?

Oh.. "could" go on? You don't half! Pityme? Aye! Must be awful living with that level of negativity.

Big man without a job since leaving the Finnish national job, just saying!

Ok, I'll bite.

Let's say we pay off Murray after 3 league games and bring Mixu in, assuming he'd even be remotely interested. How many games do you give him, given his greater experience? Two? One? Then what? Another pay off?

Sometimes I genuinely don't know whether you are just trying to get a rise from folk or are really serious about this shit. For your sake, I hope it's the former.

Thanks for all your feedback, laced with the usual completely unnecessary Over the top abuse. Keyboard warriors indeed!

Lets see what our points total is at the end of September?

If we are still getting the same return as now we will be in a long hard relegation fight.

No shit, however do we have a divine right to be challenging?

No is the answer, massive rebuilding was required by Murray which is obviously still ongoing, fortunately his employers are more patient.

I'm inclined to agree with Gilmour's knickerwetters quote even more now.

The crap our players/management/BOD take on here is unbelievable.

Ok, I'll bite.

Let's say we pay off Murray after 3 league games and bring Mixu in, assuming he'd even be remotely interested. How many games do you give him, given his greater experience? Two? One? Then what? Another pay off?

Sometimes I genuinely don't know whether you are just trying to get a rise from folk or are really serious about this shit. For your sake, I hope it's the former.

If it's the former, you'd have to ask what's the point?

I joined this forum a few years back to keep up to speed with signing rumours mainly and to a lesser degree have a bit of chat about the club.

The amount of 'in the know' clowns and numerous aliases has killed this forum for me, the Facebook group was the same, I've now binned that.

Thanks for all your feedback, laced with the usual completely unnecessary Over the top abuse. Keyboard warriors indeed!

Lets see what our points total is at the end of September?

If we are still getting the same return as now we will be in a long hard relegation fight.

Learn to tell the difference between abuse and appropriate descriptions Eeyore!

No shit, however do we have a divine right to be challenging?

No is the answer, massive rebuilding was required by Murray which is obviously still ongoing, fortunately his employers are more patient.

I'm inclined to agree with Gilmour's knickerwetters quote even more now.

The crap our players/management/BOD take on here is unbelievable.

Massive rebuilding was required at every club in the league as loans and contracts ended. Why do we accept that 'Big Clubs' like QoS, Dumbarton, Raith, Falkirk etc can get results, but somehow we cant??? Weren't we playing a league above them a few weeks back?

Can anyone explain to me why this is in the Rumour Mill? It doesn't even qualify as speculation?

I can!

The rumour was aired on BBC Radio Scotland yesterday after the final scores, off the ball i think? Anyway they spoke about "The Rumour" Paatalainen was being lined up to replace Locke.

Given they said on air it was a rumour, and this is 'The Rumour Mill' i just assumed it would qualify on those grounds...!

If it's the former, you'd have to ask what's the point?

I joined this forum a few years back to keep up to speed with signing rumours mainly and to a lesser degree have a bit of chat about the club.

The amount of 'in the know' clowns and numerous aliases has killed this forum for me, the Facebook group was the same, I've now binned that.

I agree, but will the mods act to deal with Shull, the guy from Arbroath and all their aliases??? I hope so, they are driving posters away.

I can!

The rumour was aired on BBC Radio Scotland yesterday after the final scores, off the ball i think? Anyway they spoke about "The Rumour" Paatalainen was being lined up to replace Locke.

Given they said on air it was a rumour, and this is 'The Rumour Mill' i just assumed it would qualify on those grounds...!

So it's a rumour about Kilmarnock. It needs shifting to "other football" then, doesn't it?

Massive rebuilding was required at every club in the league as loans and contracts ended. Why do we accept that 'Big Clubs' like QoS, Dumbarton, Raith, Falkirk etc can get results, but somehow we cant??? Weren't we playing a league above them a few weeks back?

Eh, surely all football games produce results? Those teams mentioned played football games and got results. We got a result in Greenock with 10 men and a perfectly good goal. We played well against the team who will win the league and should have got something against Dumbarton. Who said "we accept that so called big clubs (your words, not ours) can get results and we can't?" Who labelled Dumbarton, Raith, QOS and Falkirk as big clubs?. I would wager we are the third biggest club in the league.

Eh, surely all football games produce results? Those teams mentioned played football games and got results. We got a result in Greenock with 10 men and a perfectly good goal. We played well against the team who will win the league and should have got something against Dumbarton. Who said "we accept that so called big clubs (your words, not ours) can get results and we can't?" Who labelled Dumbarton, Raith, QOS and Falkirk as big clubs?. I would wager we are the third biggest club in the league.

The big guns tag refersvto thebposters on here who believe that QoS etc are bigger clubs than us now. One thing is for sure, the leahue table shows wevare not the third best club!

The big guns tag refersvto thebposters on here who believe that QoS etc are bigger clubs than us now. One thing is for sure, the leahue table shows wevare not the third best club!

You sound like a politician , so what deems your size. Placing , season ticket sales , gates , wealth , sausage rolls if its the latter then we must be one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

For me size does not matter in club terms as long as we can sting some results together trying our best to get into this season play offs will be success for me.

I can!

You've lost the plot.1eye.gif ​ You need to get out more often.