Saints In Europe - Poor Show From Sunday Ranger

We played in Europe when you were up against decent opposition, for example St Etienne and Feyenord, and we were competitive, nowadays Scottish clubs are losing to sides from f**king Latvia, Moldova and the likes!

Not to mention scudding a very decent Slavia Prague side at Love Street as well.

yip those were the days with a packed love street ,and good team

we would take on all ,who dared to enter ,

maybe one day ,new fans can experience this at our new home,,

build it and they will come

COYS

We have had our glory days, as i said to my son when we won the cup in 2013 remember it forever wee man as it probably aint gonna happen again. Ps can i have a draw of that after ?

We played in Europe when you were up against decent opposition, for example St Etienne and Feyenord, and we were competitive, nowadays Scottish clubs are losing to sides from f**king Latvia, Moldova and the likes!

IMO the best footballing side I watched on a Love Street European evening was Mechelin. A totally unheralded Belgian side that we expected to beat came to Paisley and utterly outplayed a decent St Mirren side. Then they went on to win the tournament that year.

IMO the best footballing side I watched on a Love Street European evening was Mechelin. A totally unheralded Belgian side that we expected to beat came to Paisley and utterly outplayed a decent St Mirren side. Then they went on to win the tournament that year.

And reached the European Cup quarter finals not long after.

Oh, and their captain was the faither of Kim Clijsters, the tennis player.

And Alex Smith famously said that we weren't to worry about the big Israeli, Ohana, whom they had up front. He was that pish that he only bullied our back line and scored the two goals that knocked us out.

A bloody good team.

My first saints game my dad (a Morton fan) took me to was in 83, against feyernord. Only years later did I appreciate Guillit and cruyff were in the same squad. Don't think they were both in the 11?? I recently heard Guillit say it was the worst racial abuse he suffered in his career. Aaaa another proud good to be a buddie moment (kidding). I remember the salvia Prague, tromso and Mechlen games. Fortunately I missed the hammarby game - think I was at cubs lol. When you think of the scottish teams who've made it into Europe since we last played it's a target we should have met on the last 15 years.

And Alex Smith famously said that we weren't to worry about the big Israeli, Ohana, whom they had up front. He was that pish that he only bullied our back line and scored the two goals that knocked us out.

A bloody good team.

Semi-Final it was

I'm sure it was the all conquering AC Milan who knocked them out

My first saints game my dad (a Morton fan) took me to was in 83, against feyernord. Only years later did I appreciate Guillit and cruyff were in the same squad. Don't think they were both in the 11?? I recently heard Guillit say it was the worst racial abuse he suffered in his career. Aaaa another proud good to be a buddie moment (kidding). I remember the salvia Prague, tromso and Mechlen games. Fortunately I missed the hammarby game - think I was at cubs lol. When you think of the scottish teams who've made it into Europe since we last played it's a target we should have met on the last 15 years.

They both played at Love Street

Guillit played in Italy against right winged clubs especially Lazio so i don't think that abuse he got against us was the worst he experienced

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1983&GameID=2015

A bloody good team.

And Won The Super Cup after winning the ECWC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_European_Super_Cup

European Cup 89/90.............

http://www.europeancuphistory.com/euro90.html