Murray's Meltdown!

I thought we played well enough in the games so far, we've had our share of good and bad luck. I believe at this moment in time we should be fully behind the new manager as he builds his squad and system and the new players to help them settle in. The time to start recriminations is circa mid to late October, till then 100% backing is the only thing we as fans can do to help the team performances

now this is true ^^^^^ don't you think lord pity?

Have to admit the "difficult to beat the same team twice - no matter who they are" line is an absolute belter, he should be thinking about what he says, then again he mentioned it again tonight on STV news, so he obviously stands by his words, no matter how bizarre they are.

I want to give him more time and hope he gets us 3 points on saturday.

I was and still remain sceptical of his ability, please prove me wrong Mr Murray

Have to admit the "difficult to beat the same team twice - no matter who they are" line is an absolute belter, he should be thinking about what he says, then again he mentioned it again tonight on STV news, so he obviously stands by his words, no matter how bizarre they are.

I want to give him more time and hope he gets us 3 points on saturday.

I was and still remain sceptical of his ability, please prove me wrong Mr Murray

I remember, not so long ago, Celtic beat us 7-0 in the league. A week later we beat them 1-0 in the Scottish Cup. 2009 I think.

That's just one example, close to home. I'm sure there have been many more over the years.

Regardless of any of that, we must beat Livingston on Saturday to kick start our season & I'm certain we will.

I remember, not so long ago, Celtic beat us 7-0 in the league. A week later we beat them 1-0 in the Scottish Cup. 2009 I think.

That's just one example, close to home. I'm sure there have been many more over the years.

Regardless of any of that, we must beat Livingston on Saturday to kick start our season & I'm certain we will.

they tried to put the fear into us in the cup possibly thinking of the league game on sat

i can just hear that wee x tim saying something like lets let them know what to expect from us in the league on sat

we need to be in their faces from the off and we need the support to get behind the team and roar them on and we can win

The OP seems to have an agenda against Murray, I dont like the negativity.....

....but I do agree with the later posts. Murray seems to be making it up as he goes along, he is, thus far, a massive dissapointment. At least I knew Tommy Craig was shite.

....but I do agree with the later posts. Murray seems to be making it up as he goes along, he is, thus far, a massive dissapointment. At least I knew Tommy Craig was shite.

Tommy Craig, like Jimmy Bone And John Coughlin were excellent coaches, but hopeless as managers. If Murray had Craig working with him now i think we would see a vast improvement in the youngsters performances.

As regards agenda..... I don't directly influence Murray's employment in any way, shape or form. I have never met or spoken to him, know nothing of his family or friends.... So how can i possibly have an agenda against him???

I didn't and still don't think he has what it takes at a full time pro club. But as i said I would love it' just love it, (Keegan-esque) if he goes on to prove me wrong! I want the best for StMirren, our board seemed to have lost their way in that regard.

Difficult to beat the same side twice?

Before the first game that would be correct.

But the first game is gone now. We lost. It has no bearing on the probability of losing the second match!

The question now is, is it difficult to beat a team once!

Its only difficult for one of the teams tomorrow, but as you say its impossible now for the other to do it!

Murray is now getting in players who will improve the squad - I personally think some things contrived against Murray like:-

1. Players who could not be released earlier (Shanks) or

2. Others who were looking for better offers (Webso) or

3. The budget (So Watson only came in when Naismith was injured)

4. Internal politics (Goodwin)

Any who - though we are still not a full squad in my opinion, at least there is a better blend of experience and youth and now we will see what Murray makes of His squad.

I hope he does a most excellent job - I just wish we had been much better organised for the season - we need to begin before day 1 of the season - the core team needs to be in place having trained and playing together during the pre-season - then any new signings should bring in better players and they can be slotted in appropriately.

Murray - start planning for your next signings and get them lined up ASAP (An the ones for next year too!!)

Good luck to the team tomorrow - 3 v 1 to the Saints will bring in a nice 3 points to build upon

When i see an Oaksoft post (or to give them there more commonly known title "this post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore this poster") it suddenly transports me beside a wirelesss circa 1940, laughing my tits off at Lord Haw-Haw's latest attempt at propaganda.

Edited by Lord Pityme

• 2 weeks later...

I always found it unnecessary the nonsense that Lennon took for his interviews, next to irrelevant, and it seems like the same "nit picking" is creeping in with our current manager from people desperately trying to be discreet but as sad and as meaningless as the pish Lennon had to put up with.

I just hope...regardless of results, that Murray continues to stand on the edge of his technical area.

That's what makes a manager.

That and shifting the blame for a clueless second half performance onto "individual errors"...

Unless he means the boards individual error hiring his sorry ass for the job???

It has always amused me how managers think they can get away with the "individual errors" excuse.

Every single goal conceded by any team is following a move or combination of moves that are littered with "individual errors".

From losing possession in the first place, to not intercepting any passes, to not making a tackle, to allowing the ball into the box, to the keeper not saving the attempt on goal... all "individual errors".

That is what football is fcuking about!

As you correctly point out... the biggest "individual errors" came from the BoD who gave Murray the job in the first place!

Edited by nosferatu

When i see an Oaksoft post (or to give them there more commonly known title "this post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore this poster") it suddenly transports me beside a wirelesss circa 1940, laughing my tits off at Lord Haw-Haw's latest attempt at propaganda.

Surprised not to see an angry, hate filled post from oaksoft telling us all how its pathetic to get angry about your team losing a game (yet again)! lol.gif:

Maybe he's got too many lectures on today or maybe he's away brown nosing David Longwell's arse in an attempt to get him to give his son a contract! lol.gif:

Edited by nosferatu

Surprised not to see an angry, hate filled post from oaksoft telling us all how its pathetic to get angry about your team losing a game (yet again)! lol.gif:

Maybe he's got too many lectures on today or maybe he's away brown nosing David Longwell's arse in an attempt to get him to give his son a contract! lol.gif:

Are you angry, Andy? You were telling us recently that you don't bother attending matches these days, so I'm assuming you are almost past bothering.

Must win or what exactly? If this is ANOTHER must win as you put it what happened after not winning all the other must wins?

Murray has put himself under this pressure by failing to pick up points against teams we should have. Thus the longer he goes without picking up points, the further his and the boards stated aim of getting promoted in the first season slips away! Failure to pick up the required points against teams we wish to be above means games like Friday are "must win" if you are to have a chance of meeting your stated aim.

What happened after not winning the other games is as i have explained above. We get further away from where we should be, as the chances to improve our position slip past.