Andy Webster

Whit, what about all the "he can get tae fcuk" brigade? 1eye.gif

GREAT news. thumbup2.gif

JJ, time you changed the record. bye1.gif

There was no moaning from me after 6 o'clock lasntight, I put the feet up with a peroni after I found out he was signing this morning.

Excellent signing.

I genuinely didn't expect him to sign. Hope he starts tomorrow and provides that experience at the back that we need.

ETA: Obviously I knew he would sign once lovezo confirmed it - another exclusive from the main man ITK.

Edited by JM1

I genuinely didn't expect him to sign. Hope he starts tomorrow and provides that experience at the back that we need.

No reason why he can't. He's been training with us almost as long as most of the team.

A really good signing, I think, both in terms of ability and leadership. We'll still take a bit of time to settle down, but we'll get there - it is still only August.

I wouldn't fancy being up against us in the play-offs at the end of the season. Are you watching Dunfermline, Peterhead and Ayr? wink.png

Partick made him an offer, I hope we tell him to piss off.

Murray has wasted enough time with Webster.

There was no moaning from me after 6 o'clock lasntight, I put the feet up with a peroni after I found out he was signing this morning.

Excellent signing.

Aye, just as well you're nothing to do with running the club. 1eye.gif

Yeah you do have to laugh at all our fans who were telling the manager to tell Webster to ' chase himself ' and ' get to f**k ' and 'move on to other targets' etc. Thank goodness the manager never listened to them eh!

This is a real coup for Murray and the club. This is our best signing on paper since Thompson in 2012.

Webster is an experienced international player with 28 Scotland caps, he's a Scottish cup winning captain and he was playing regularly in League 1 with Coventry last season. He's just turned 33 too so is a decent age. In terms of caliber, he's right at the top end of what a club like us could be signing.

Now just official confirmation...

A ridiculous amount of work went in to getting these two deals over the line this week.

Webster could have got more money elsewhere, Shankland was wanted by four other clubs.

Nobody saying these two players will instantly transform our season but the manager now has a pretty strong squad to choose from.

Not trying to put a dampner on this but Coventry fans say he is utter pish so don't get to excited yet .

Coventry fans have bee through a lot in recent years, they're keener to boo things than we are. I watched him last season versus Preston and he looked good, drops deeper and patrols behind the other central defender.

Coventry fans have bee through a lot in recent years, they're keener to boo things than we are. I watched him last season versus Preston and he looked good, drops deeper and patrols behind the other central defender.

And other than "The Rangers" Preston are a far stronger side than anything we'll face in the league this year.