Andy Webster

I've been supporting Saints for almost 40 years and can't recall a worse Saints captain than Webster.

Apart from his own play being largely very poor, he never encourages the rest of the team. Gets subbed today and the first thing he does is run down the tunnel rather than staying to support the team.

Wage thief of the highest order. He should never play for the club again.

Just now, Hendo said:

I've been supporting Saints for almost 40 years and can't recall a worse Saints captain than Webster.

Apart from his own play being largely very poor, he never encourages the rest of the team. Gets subbed today and the first thing he does is run down the tunnel rather than staying to support the team.

Wage thief of the highest order. He should never play for the club again.

That'll help no end. Much the way ruling Tom Walsh out an any kind of first team option did. The only guys who look to have any kind of leadership oomf are MacKenzie and maybe Sutton, possibly Irvine as well I suppose and that's me trying to be generous and open-minded.

I really expected a lot more given his pedigree, 28 caps for Scotland, but his lack of desire and leadership has really shocked me. We need a captain who will give 100% and demand that from everyone else, not a gutless charlatan who thinks he's better than playing for us. Ross needs to get rid if we are to have even the slimmest of chances of staying up.

Jack Copland recently returned to the club in the past few weeks and he would be far better than Webster. The man is a complete waster who brings nothing to the team either in play or captaincy.

Just prior to his substitution, he passed the ball to no one and out for a goal kick and without so much as an apology to the team but what a sprint up the tunnel shortly afterwards.

Jack Baird in a blind fold would be a better choice next week than Mr Webster, he at least seems to care.

Thought it was a real coup when we signed Webster but he is such a frustrating player. Capable of decent performances when he looks like he's strolling through a game but also capable of absolute shockers, like the one against Queens earlier in the season when he got jeered off.

Incredible we lack leadership in the team when we have him, MacKenzie and Quinn, all three of whom I think were captains at previous clubs.