Andy Webster

Excellent signing, and one that any club in this division would be delighted to have secured. This is as good as it gets for a team at our current level.

I was one of the 'chase him' brigade earlier yesterday though unashamedly backtracked when a not so little bird give me the nod that the deal was all but on. I won't apologise for that, though. As things dragged on, it was looking less likely that Webster would sign, and there comes a point where the door has to be closed over.

One thing I did say yesterday was that we didn't know what was going on behind the scenes, and it seems that a great deal is the answer to that.

I'm glad Ian Murray and Brian Caldwell had more patience and staying power than me and many on here, though. Great coup for the club. Well done to all involved, and, of course, to Andy....

Welcome to the best club in the world!

ETA- on reflection, I apologise for being one of the 'chase him' fuds yesterday. Humble pie duly consumed!

Edited by Drew

There was no moaning from me after 6 o'clock lasntight, I put the feet up with a peroni after I found out he was signing this morning.

Excellent signing.

Only about another 50 or signings for you to complete your ideal first team squad.

I now think we can say that with a squad with Langfield, Watson, Webster, Goodwin and Thompson we have a decent amount of experience, and we also have young guys like Mallan, Gallagher, Baird, McMullen, Stewart and Shankland who look promising. In the end we have a strong squad at this level and can't complain about the board under-investing.

We have a tough run of games from now until Hibs in the league so here's hoping now that the squad is almost there we start improving.

A very good signing. A player that will benefit the rest of squad on and off the pitch.

We now have a decent spine of experience through the heart of the team with Langfield, Webster, Goodwin, Agnew and Thompson supplemented by the youth and talent in the likes of Baird, Kelly, Mallan, McMullan, Morgan, Gallagher and Shankland. A good blend that if the manager gets his team right for each game should do ok in this league.

I personally have been very disappointed in the first 5 games I have seen but the recent signings of Gallagher, Langfield, Shankland and Webster give me hope that things will improve and hopefully starting tomorrow with a confidence boosting first league win.

Welcome to the club Andy!:-)

Injury prone and too old.

Never rated him.

Rubbish. It seems people have him as injury prone because they remember him when at Rangers . Before his short spell at Wigan (Rangers on loan ) and after he has played a fair amount of games and in a position where suspensions and the odd knock are common place

1999–2001 Arbroath 17 2001–2006 Heart of Midlothian 149 2006–2008 Wigan Athletic 4 2007–2008Rangers (loan) 1 2008–2011 Rangers 1 2008Bristol City (loan) 5 2009–2010Dundee United (loan) 26 2011–2013 Heart of Midlothian 73 2013–2015 Coventry City 71

Edited by Gosport Buddie

A ridiculous amount of work went in to getting these two deals over the line this week.

Webster could have got more money elsewhere, Shankland was wanted by four other clubs.

Nobody saying these two players will instantly transform our season but the manager now has a pretty strong squad to choose from.

I was one of the moaners, mainly down to us providing training facilities for him, his failure to sign and it appeared to me he was just using the club in the hope of a better offer. That being said I am pleased he has eventually come to his senses and sees what an excellent opportunity he has by signing. My congratulations to all that undoubtedly put a lot of hard work into getting Andy Webster notably Ian Murray. I hope it works out for him, the club and most importantly the fans of this proud club that being St.Mirren F.C.

I'd like to thank my informer from within the clubs walls to help me bring another Lovestreet exclusive signing,I broke the news that he actually signed on Wednesday but for reasons that are now out it couldn't be disclosed.

BTW possibility of another one coming in.......

Welcome Webzo

Edited by lovestreet