Andy Webster

Rubbish. It seems people have him as injury prone because they remember him when at Rangers . Before his short spell at Wigan (Rangers on loan ) and after he has played a fair amount of games and in a position where suspensions and the odd knock are common place

19992001 Arbroath 17 20012006 Heart of Midlothian 149 20062008 Wigan Athletic 4 20072008 → Rangers (loan) 1 20082011 Rangers 1 2008 → Bristol City (loan) 5 20092010 → Dundee United (loan) 26 20112013 Heart of Midlothian 73 20132015 Coventry City 71

:lol:

At last a no-nonsense CB that knows how to organise a defence and will help organise talented but raw players around him.

Why oh why have we not been able to find such an individual for the last 4 or 5 seasons??????????

I hope he can stay injury free, lead the defence properly and take some much needed weight off IM's shoulders.

The best line ups have a good goalie, a strong CB and someone up front who knows where the net is.................... I believe we are beginning to mould that shape.clap.gif

Edited by The Original 59er

Choose from:

1) It's Murray's fault he didn't sign sooner

2) It's Murray's fault Webster isn't five years younger

3) Tommy Craig was Murray's fault

4) It's Murray's fault the Chinese economy is slowing and threatening another global crash.

Put the miserable cnut on ignore. I have, and my forum life is, as Div promised, a better experience. Sits back and awaits the 'forum bullies / cliques / pals bullshit.

Anyway... Welcome to St Mirren FC Andy Webster.

Pssst. Do any of our new signings play golf, and are any of em' decent? Fan Council should be all over this. Finger oot' Santaponsa.... Give us the lowdown. Handicaps please. Need to get ready for a Jordan Speith-esque attack on winning the title back!

Put the miserable cnut on ignore. I have, and my forum life is, as Div promised, a better experience. Sits back and awaits the 'forum bullies / cliques / pals bullshit.

Anyway... Welcome to St Mirren FC Andy Webster.

Pssst. Do any of our new signings play golf, and are any of em' decent? Fan Council should be all over this. Finger oot' Santaponsa.... Give us the lowdown. Handicaps please. Need to get ready for a Jordan Speith-esque attack on winning the title back!

Lets hope Shank looks at the goals when he's hitting the baw

If he stays fit, Webster is a very good signing.

Generally, much more impressed with this season's signings than last season. Of the new players, I think they'll all do fine, once the team gels I think we'll have a decent season. Hope it starts tomorrow.

A nice wee surprise after a not so nice day at work. His influence and experience could be massive this season.

A much needed boost after the Livi horror show the other night. Hopefully he'll help a few of the youngsters to grow up quickly, starting with getting torn into these cheating pricks tomorrow.

Welcome aboard Andy!!!

!

You want people to put yourself on ignore?

Well, I have!

Unfortunately, some folk still quote you.

Sometimes I just can't resist replying to your abuse though.

For someone who has posted so much anti board venom, your posts are quality irony.

Oh aye. You cnut.

Edited by nosferatu

Good signing. Happy with it.

When I hear Andy Websters name I always picture him looking like hes about to start greeting after he is yellow carded for bringing down Carey in the cup final. Best free kick we have ever been awarded.

Welcome aboard.

I was one of the moaners, mainly down to us providing training facilities for him, his failure to sign and it appeared to me he was just using the club in the hope of a better offer. That being said I am pleased he has eventually come to his senses and sees what an excellent opportunity he has by signing. My congratulations to all that undoubtedly put a lot of hard work into getting Andy Webster notably Ian Murray. I hope it works out for him, the club and most importantly the fans of this proud club that being St.Mirren F.C.

Ditto. My concern was that he would do what others have done and take us for mugs. But, fair play, he didn't. Welcome to the club, Chees....sorry Webs.

Think I will be joining the 'eat huge dollop of humble pie' society this evening. That was around two weeks we had the offer on the table and the longer it dragged on then the less likely I felt Webster would be coming. Happy to be proved horribly wrong. Probably a case of Andy having to think very carefully as this is potentially his last big move and needed to get it right.

He will bring much needed leadership and experience and I am certain Baird and Kelly will revel in playing alongside him. Part of my is now thinking that Murray may go with a back three with two wing backs. Time will tell.

Welcome to the greatest fitba team in the world, Andy. Really looking forward to tomorrow now and getting stuck into the Lavvytic cheats.