Music - The Price You Pay

Been searching this album out for a couple of years but still the price is well over the odds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Red-Shoes-VINYL/dp/B000053KFR

Have paid up to 60 crispy ones for n Vaya Con Dios album desperate to get but don't think I would go above that. That album is deleted but found a brand new copy sealed in Greece of all places.

Red Shoes was supposed to come out last April on vinyl but so far nothing just need to keep looking.

Any of you music lovers searched out something you really wanted only to pay over the odds.

Been searching this album out for a couple of years but still the price is well over the odds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Red-Shoes-VINYL/dp/B000053KFR

Have paid up to 60 crispy ones for n Vaya Con Dios album desperate to get but don't think I would go above that. That album is deleted but found a brand new copy sealed in Greece of all places.

Red Shoes was supposed to come out last April on vinyl but so far nothing just need to keep looking.

Any of you music lovers searched out something you really wanted only to pay over the odds.

Maybe you could add it to your collection of rare whiskies ? I know how much of an avid collector you are.!!

whistling.gif

It is all a matter of taste and what the market will stand but whist The Red Shoes is a good album , I don't think it is that good , especially when it would appear that we are not even getting a virgin vinyl copy for our 200 quid . .

Since most pressings are a limited run these days , I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet. .

It is all a matter of taste and what the market will stand but whist The Red Shoes is a good album , I don't think it is that good , especially when it would appear that we are not even getting a virgin vinyl copy for our 200 quid . .

Since most pressings are a limited run these days , I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet. .

Agree Neil though obviously I really like the album some of the lyrics are really good. It was her biggest selling American album so I am sure it will come around at some point they usually do these days.

Managed to pick up Blue Note early morning - late night series of albums around 15 in total some amazing tracks to be found though I'm a bit of a sucker for Jazz ; Funk ç soul. Are you still using the record shop in Wales these days.

I generally don't pay for recorded music and neither should I have to.

If musicians want paid they should stop whining, get out of bed and earn it by playing live.

I generally don't pay for recorded music and neither should I have to.

If musicians want paid they should stop whining, get out of bed and earn it by playing live.

That's a very strange comment. You don't think musicians should be paid for writing and recording music.

That's a very strange comment. You don't think musicians should be paid for writing and recording music.

No I don't. They should be paid for performing.

Writing music gives them something to play.

Recording music gives them something to use for free advertising to build a fan base.

Playing music is what they do to get paid.

Any modern musician who doesn't understand and accept this is going to have a stressful career.

Edited by oaksoft

Agree Neil though obviously I really like the album some of the lyrics are really good. It was her biggest selling American album so I am sure it will come around at some point they usually do these days.

Managed to pick up Blue Note early morning - late night series of albums around 15 in total some amazing tracks to be found though I'm a bit of a sucker for Jazz ; Funk ç soul. Are you still using the record shop in Wales these days.

The last lot of vinyl I bought was in HMV at Braehead . They have a half decent wee stock but I reckon they are still building it up after the re-opening a few months ago. At Diverse , the stock has been disappointing recently. .one of the guys was getting back to me in a couple of weeks and that was over a year ago . .

Time flies when ye get old. .

Tempus fugit. .

An album I own on vinyl but want in pristine digital form is 'Elements' by Roger Glover. The vinyl copy I have was second-hand when I bought it back in the day, and is now pretty much dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot. I have a USB turntable, and tried taking the digital files I generated into the software package 'Audacity', to remove pops and crackles, and scratches etc. Didn't work too well. Ended up binning the results. The album appeared on CD years ago as a double package with another Glover album 'The Mask'. Last time I looked, these were going for silly money on Amazon. If there's one album I would love to see re-mastered, repackaged, and re-released, then it would be Roger Glover's 'Elements' album. The drumming on that album by Simon Philips is exquisite.

An album I own on vinyl but want in pristine digital form is 'Elements' by Roger Glover. The vinyl copy I have was second-hand when I bought it back in the day, and is now pretty much dead as a Norwegian Blue parrot. I have a USB turntable, and tried taking the digital files I generated into the software package 'Audacity', to remove pops and crackles, and scratches etc. Didn't work too well. Ended up binning the results. The album appeared on CD years ago as a double package with another Glover album 'The Mask'. Last time I looked, these were going for silly money on Amazon. If there's one album I would love to see re-mastered, repackaged, and re-released, then it would be Roger Glover's 'Elements' album. The drumming on that album by Simon Philips is exquisite.

TBF all of those types of software , that I've tried , just kill the sound that you end up having on the disc . Consequently , I don't do it anymore. .

However , the album you mention could be downloaded in mp3 format , not quite as good as cd but better that a slap on the coupon with a wet fish. .

TBF all of those types of software , that I've tried , just kill the sound that you end up having on the disc . Consequently , I don't do it anymore. .

However , the album you mention could be downloaded in mp3 format , not quite as good as cd but better that a slap on the coupon with a wet fish. .

I have found one area where Audacity is a boon - when artists do that 'hidden track' shite at the end of a CD album. Simply import the whole thing into Audacity, easily delete the two plus minutes of silence, and if you actually like the hidden track, you can quickly save the file as two individual songs.

No I don't. They should be paid for performing.

Writing music gives them something to play.

Recording music gives them something to use for free advertising to build a fan base.

Playing music is what they do to get paid.

Any modern musician who doesn't understand and accept this is going to have a stressful career.

What about songwriters who dont perform? what about producers, these guys dont play live and have too be paid. and anyway for most musicians now the biggest earner is live work and festivals. so many people steal it as well and thats an abomination. i love live work and i love playing live but i enjoy recording and writing songs. i put a lot of work into my writing and writing the best songs possible and i feel i should be paid for the sales of the recorded work i have written.

The last lot of vinyl I bought was in HMV at Braehead . They have a half decent wee stock but I reckon they are still building it up after the re-opening a few months ago. At Diverse , the stock has been disappointing recently. .one of the guys was getting back to me in a couple of weeks and that was over a year ago . .

Tempus fugit. .

Tempus fugit. .

Thanks Neil did not know HMV had reopened.

Poz , try Eli uk online if there is a copy floating around they will have it. Also their stuff second hand is always very good quality.

What about songwriters who dont perform? what about producers, these guys dont play live and have too be paid. and anyway for most musicians now the biggest earner is live work and festivals. so many people steal it as well and thats an abomination. i love live work and i love playing live but i enjoy recording and writing songs. i put a lot of work into my writing and writing the best songs possible and i feel i should be paid for the sales of the recorded work i have written.

Totally agree with you. Have never down loaded free music in my life. Not for taking the high moral ground but because I have worked with musicians and seen the struggle to try and make it.

Even new bands getting gigs is not easy as pubs want a crowd in. Support slots at a higher level have to be paid for. Music played on national big stations has to be paid for by back handers. The music industry is one big struggle so I take my hat off to musicians who work their arse off in the belief of their songs.

Poz , try Eli uk online if there is a copy floating around they will have it. Also their stuff second hand is always very good quality.

Tried running a Google search for that and all that comes up is Eli Manning, Quarterback for the New York Giants!