No Ambition. And A Fool As Manager.

Kemp

Ha! I have a link for all St Mirren supporters....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34101608

"Depressed people who display "risky behaviour", agitation and impulsivity are at least 50% more likely to attempt suicide, a study has found."

There are certainly more than a few agitated punters on this forum. Football is only a game and if you have nothing else in your life you are/shouid be a supporter of the Gruesome Twosome! whistling.gif

I said on twitter last night that I *think* most of the fans would be able to put the results to one side at the moment IF we could see a coherent game plan from the manager and the team was playing well without getting the rewards it deserved.

As it is anyone who has watched us play this season will see a ragged approach to games with no consistency in team selection and no apparent "style" of play.

True this is a new group of players and we need to be patient. Injuries to Naismith & Watson have been very unfortunate and disrupted our selection whilst there have still been major arrivals this week who will take time to bed in. We've also been quite unlucky at times with the penalty at Ibrox, the disallowed goal in Greenock, the missed point blank header v Dumbarton at 1-1, and the shot off the post yesterday at 1-1.

I feel that's all pretty much straw clutching though. We were battered in Greenock and deserved to lose. We could easily have lost yesterday too.

For me the start of this season has just been very much a replica of last season under Tommy Craig.

Murray needs to get it sorted. Quickly.

I said on twitter last night that I *think* most of the fans would be able to put the results to one side at the moment IF we could see a coherent game plan from the manager and the team was playing well without getting the rewards it deserved.

As it is anyone who has watched us play this season will see a ragged approach to games with no consistency in team selection and no apparent "style" of play.

True this is a new group of players and we need to be patient. Injuries to Naismith & Watson have been very unfortunate and disrupted our selection whilst there have still been major arrivals this week who will take time to bed in. We've also been quite unlucky at times with the penalty at Ibrox, the disallowed goal in Greenock, the missed point blank header v Dumbarton at 1-1, and the shot off the post yesterday at 1-1.

I feel that's all pretty much straw clutching though. We were battered in Greenock and deserved to lose. We could easily have lost yesterday too.

For me the start of this season has just been very much a replica of last season under Tommy Craig.

Nailed it for me. Fans should be patient if a new manager is trying to get a new playing style through to the players but we don't seem to have that. In truth we lack any sort of creativity to our play and worryingly look devoid of ideas. That is down to the manager, he was brought in for his knowledge of the league, so far it looks like his knowledge stretches to putting out a side whose only aim is to stay up.

Time for the support to show some f**king ambition. 2 months to sort this shambles out or get these jokers out of town. I really do not want to go through the 90s again!!

So demanding that the management team is sacked 3 months into the season would be classed as being ambitious would it?

Fascinating.

Not that good Div

3 wins on the bounce will see us back in the play off contention, but we need to become convincing. It is also obvious that if we do end up in the mix by the time that the transfer window re-opens then we absolutely must strengthen as the play-offs will be very demanding and competitive.

Oh, we'll be in the playoffs alright and they will be demanding and competitive. Just not sure it will be the ones at the right end of the table we'll be participating in!

I will go on record right now and say we will be in a relegation play off .I stopped going after I attended the Hamilton and Dundee games at the start of last season because i could see we were going to be in big trouble . I have been to the Berwick and Livy game yesterday and that is the last game for me we are even worse the crowd was down 800 on the Dumbarton game that tells a big story and its going to get a lot lower before long people will only put up with so much getting the piss taken out of them and that is what has happened to the poor sods who bought season tickets

I hope the forum gets worse then you will hopefully boycott this aswell.

You asked me whether I thought the current situation at the club is acceptable. I was offering a bit of perspective. Let's assume you don't think it is acceptable, what do you suggest?

My point was that, in the grand scheme of things, football is football. It is occasionally great, but often a bit shite. For me, that is perfectly acceptable, given what else is going on around me.

You are correct Drew.

I don't find it acceptable so what I do is just don't go to the games.

As you say, in the grand scheme of things, its only football.

You talk about things going on about us. Well yes, I have much better things going on about me that I can get involved in rather than watching this shit.

I was a home & away supporter for most of my life. Never missed a game. Over the past few seasons though I've hardly been. I only went to 2 games last season.

I had a bit of optimism at the start of the season. Went to the Bradford pre season friendly, went to the Dumbarton game, watched the Morton game on TV.

But what has happened so far leaves me disinterested.

I might have gone yesterday had we had a half decent start to the season. But I could see that its going to be shit so did something else.

As you say, there are more important things in life than football. Its not that important.

Murray is clearly clueless so I won't be back for the foreseeable future.

I reckon we should still reach the play offs as only a total and complete utter fcukwit of a manager could fail to reach the top 4 in this league with our resources.

I'll therefore maybe consider going to see the okay offs.

Assuming Murray isn't a total and complete fcukwit of a manager.

Enjoy the season Drew. :P

I'm out.

You are correct Drew.

I don't find it acceptable so what I do is just don't go to the games.

As you say, in the grand scheme of things, its only football.

You talk about things going on about us. Well yes, I have much better things going on about me that I can get involved in rather than watching this shit.

I was a home & away supporter for most of my life. Never missed a game. Over the past few seasons though I've hardly been. I only went to 2 games last season.

I had a bit of optimism at the start of the season. Went to the Bradford pre season friendly, went to the Dumbarton game, watched the Morton game on TV.

But what has happened so far leaves me disinterested.

I might have gone yesterday had we had a half decent start to the season. But I could see that its going to be shit so did something else.

As you say, there are more important things in life than football. Its not that important.

Murray is clearly clueless so I won't be back for the foreseeable future.

I reckon we should still reach the play offs as only a total and complete utter fcukwit of a manager could fail to reach the top 4 in this league with our resources.

I'll therefore maybe consider going to see the okay offs.

Assuming Murray isn't a total and complete fcukwit of a manager.

Enjoy the season Drew. :P

I'm out.

Aye, entirely your prerogative, Andy. You could always help Reynard cut his grass if you are at a loose end.

I will be there again this Saturday supporting. It is becoming really boring tho. We lack skill and I am.saddened by the way we are at present. We don't win,weren't look like winning and I really fear for us again. Is it too much to ask to have a team that is capable of scoring a few goals against inferior teams and racking.up a few points. We are a poor outfit and one that is drifting. It's amazing the same folk who were ok with relegation are still ok with our poor form now we're down playing lower league football. It's got to improve and soon

Ah well, no surprise there then Elvis.. We are where we are after 4 league games. A poor start indeed but far too early to talk about relegation battles. If Shankland's shot had gone in then I have no doubt we would have won the game. That's the thin line in football. Midfield needs a strong experienced player to support the young guys plus Murray playing players in their best position would help. I am not going to make any knee jerk reactions with 32 games left.

Whatever your views, stopping going along to support the team is not helping the club.

How many more 'Ifs' Ned..? We are playing shite...no ifs no buts!

I'm glad I was out last night and didn't trouble myself reading the tear-stained shite on here.

What a shower of greetin' faced arseholes our 'support' consists of. I'm no 'happy clapper', but thread after thread of doom laden slabbering is tedious in the extreme. We have no divine right to win, and sometimes supporting your club is about having to take a deep breath and seeing out the stormy waters.

Get a f**king grip, people.

Pathetic.

© Season 2014-15

So many post like this as well over and over crapping on anyone with concern at just how poor we were and remain

Knickerwetters, we won't go down, give Tommy Time, I support the team so I'll back Craig, Ross County are awful we will be safe

etc etc etc.

Some just seem genuinely happy to hand over cash week in week out to pay a good number of players who just don't seem to care less...just keep paying our wages until we bog off when Saints are so low they have to go part time.

Sickening seeing clueless clowns actually being paid to dismantle what should have been a fantastic opportunity to push on with new facilities. In just short of 40 years I've sat through some crap performances but I'm pretty close to being done.

Acht well, August 31st ..............here we are, bitchfest central. It's still summer yet now is 'the Winter of our Dicontent'

A time of darkness envelopes Middle Greenhill, the great evil known as Murrding stalks the Championship club, preying on this rudderless and discontented football club , just waiting to pounce and drag the confused prey into the unfathomable vortex of part time playing status, a curse that seems inevitable whilst the pitchfok and burning torch mob chastens the petrified owners into another leadership change.

Meanwhile, over in East Ralston , a plan emerges, but its a secret plan, its only known in code .......................................P&S

PATIENCE AND SUPPORT

Edited by Seaside Nipper

Who are the players/clueless clowns who couldn't care less? A 'good number' you say? Give us a few names.

I certainly don't feel any of the players have the onset of apathy quite yet and are still giving it their all.

As I discussed last week, it doesn't seem to be a playing personell issue that's holding us back in the main, it's purely tactical at this point. We DO have the players to get on, we need a gameplan though and that's something we lack just now. A good manager will accept that his plan isn't working and tinker with it quickly.

The comparisons to the management of last season are wholly justified at this point in time for me and it's fair that people have concerns over our direction.

Results at this stage aren't an issue. We will not pass or fail on our expectations this season based on the first five games but negative feeling isn't long in setting in and this will quickly pass onto the players.