Qos V St Mirren

If we play the same formation that we have all season (1 up front) I predict another poor result.

We have Gallagher and Thompson, maybe start both and play 2 up front..... We could maybe take a result. However, until Murray starts to get things more tactically viable we will struggle.

I actually think the squad is decent.

It is, we have some of the better players in this league, its the tactically inept, selfish manager who doesnt have a clue, just as the Dumbarton fans on p&b who were warning us (when Murray was appointed) about his negative tactical pish and that Dumbarton turned sincerely pish after Jack Ross left.

Anybody in the know. As to what is best way to go on Saturday. Folk saying you will hit the roadworks either way.

Going via killie or. Down on the motorway

Thanks

Lugton, Irvine Ayr dalmellington St. John's town of dalry and you are soon there by a very scenic route.

Allow a couple of hours...

At least Derek Lyle will be suspended.

That wee shite always scores against us.

Seemingly Queens are appealing and it won't be heard until next week so he can play on Saturday. Lyle and two new strikers sounds like a great prospect for us to come up against :(

Why would I want to go with stagecoach when supporters bus is only £8. The whole point on going by train is to avoid the congestion as they travel by train track not on the road like a bus or car

Sorry, I'm just giving you another option if you need more flexibility than a supporters bus. I doubt there will be much congestion out with peak supporter travel time.

Have you not seen the comments from folk saying there's was an hour and half hold up and got nothing to do with the football crowd

Yes and Ive seen loads of comments on here over the years where over exaggeration plays it part. I don't think there are enough cars in Dumfries and Galloway to create a 90 min queue.

Also, if you get as far as the roundabout near the Bannatynes gym it's not a long walk into the town centre.

Edited by simondsmfc

Do you realise it's a dual carraigway that's closed and sent through the town centre

Its the Bypass between lockerbie road & Edinburgh which primarily will affect East -West Traffic. Our guys will for the most part be travelling South & crossing the Bypass at Edinburgh road.There will still be delays here.

As i said previously , if you travel to Lockerbie & simply go straight into town on the A709 you should avoid most of the heavy traffic . Simply park in town & walk to Palmerston . Its a 5 - 10 min walk . Less than the distance from Paisley ctr to Greenhill road.

Alternatively , you could do what i`m doing tomorrow.

f**k the Fitba` . Avoid the traffic congestion ,Get the Train to Ayr , walk to the seafront & enjoy a full days FREE entertainment at the Scottish Airshow.

http://www.scottishairshow.com/

Its plane for all to see, good old fashioned wingers , real attackers & defenders , formations which will astound ..... & no Alan Gow.

Alternatively , you could do what i`m doing tomorrow.

f**k the Fitba` . Avoid the traffic congestion ,Get the Train to Ayr , walk to the seafront & enjoy a full days FREE entertainment at the Scottish Airshow.

http://www.scottishairshow.com/

Its plane for all to see, good old fashioned wingers , real attackers & defenders , formations which will astound ..... & no Alan Gow.

Unless there is a Hurricane, and you'll be spitting fire

Although it varies the points target to finish 4th and make the play-offs is 50+ maybe closer to 60. Assuming we're not gonna get the bulk of the points against Rangers & Hibs that means that we have to get them from the other seven teams and 28 games. That means we've got to win at least half or our games against the other diddy teams, that means we've got to start winning games soon and Saturday would be a good day to start.

Although it's been a disappointing start to the season the current squad is far stronger than some of the ones we had during previous spells in this division, these might be famous last words but I don't think relegation is a probability it would take a considerable feat of mismanagement to do so.

Although we've got to respect QotS we've also got to trust the current squad is as good as theirs and hopefully better and for me this means playing two upfront (Thommo & Gallagher) and going for the win.

People do say it's early in the season etc etc. This is right of course, it is early.

However, this is a shorter season than what we are used to, 36 games instead 38. As BTB rightly alluded to, 7 of our remaining 32 games are against Hibs and Rangers. It's pretty clear both those teams are a good bit ahead of us and I wouldn't expect us to win any of those 7 games.

That leaves us 25 games to pick up the majority of the points we will need if we are going to get into the playoffs. Assuming we need 50 points (low estimate) to make 4th, that's 25 games where we will need to average around 2 points a game...

Yeah, we really need to start winning quickly.

People do say it's early in the season etc etc. This is right of course, it is early.

However, this is a shorter season than what we are used to, 36 games instead 38. As BTB rightly alluded to, 7 of our remaining 32 games are against Hibs and Rangers. It's pretty clear both those teams are a good bit ahead of us and I wouldn't expect us to win any of those 7 games.

That leaves us 25 games to pick up the majority of the points we will need if we are going to get into the playoffs. Assuming we need 50 points (low estimate) to make 4th, that's 25 games where we will need to average around 2 points a game...

Yeah, we really need to start winning quickly.

We've still got three games against Livi and Dumbarton to negotiate!