Qos V St Mirren

Goes so.... Quiet.

When we win.

funnily enough because people are happy and don't come on a forum to let off some steam.

Much better performance today. Looked a lot more hungrier today and Kelly's attacking threat from left back was a huge plus for us today.

Hopefully we can have that back 4 injury free with langfield and goody just in front till at least Jason comes back.

Just back first half we were superb should have been further ahead second mostly queens but defended great

Goodwin motm Top notch and he's played himself back into Murray's team bossed the full match

Found strange that queens are totaly different to teams we've came up against in the league a very small side in player size. Which I think won us the game

Good result and another clean sheet. Should give the players confidence for next week.

Well done Saints.

Just back first half we were superb should have been further ahead second mostly queens but defended great

Goodwin motm Top notch and he's played himself back into Murray's team bossed the full match

Found strange that queens are totaly different to teams we've came up against in the league a very small side in player size. Which I think won us the game

it was skill and hard work that won us the game mate not size of the players .

Absolutely tremendous performance from us. Could have been four or five by the end even if they did push on a bit in the second half as McMullan and Gallagher had great chances either side of half-time. Great stuff from the whole team.

Webster was outstanding at the back. Murray was saying afterwards he can't believe he didn't get a gig in the Premiership and I have to agree. He'll be one of the Championship signings of the season (outwith Rangers). A great player and also adds experience and talks to the younger guys at the back. If he can keep fit he'll be a real asset - even claimed an assist (I think it was his flick-on anyway). Weird how we've been able to attract him, Langfield and Watson (admittedly short-term) after dropping down a level.

Goodwin also superb in midfield and if he plays like that, rather than the liability he sometimes is, I have no complaints about him being in the team. The scenes and the seethe if he'd scored with the outside of his boot in the second half. Thompson was great until he went off, the defending for his goal was comically bad. And Kelly at leftback was the player that first broke through with some tremendous runs forwards.

Only slight niggle is the bookings we had were all for silly things like timewasting and diving. Need to cut that out - especially as it turned out there was no need to run the clock down. Aside from a wee burst after Gallagher's miss they offered sod all in the final third and it was summed up by them delivering a stoppage time corner into the side netting.

Work will be fun on Monday smile.png

EDIT: Should have added, I was in the main stand doing the report and had to keep reminding myself we were the away team due to all the moaning and booing from the home support :lol:

Edited by Stu

Absolutely tremendous performance from us. Could have been four or five by the end even if they did push on a bit in the second half as McMullan and Gallagher had great chances either side of half-time. Great stuff from the whole team.

Webster was outstanding at the back. Murray was saying afterwards he can't believe he didn't get a gig in the Premiership and I have to agree. He'll be one of the Championship signings of the season (outwith Rangers). A great player and also adds experience and talks to the younger guys at the back. If he can keep fit he'll be a real asset - even claimed an assist (I think it was his flick-on anyway). Weird how we've been able to attract him, Langfield and Watson (admittedly short-term) after dropping down a level.

Goodwin also superb in midfield and if he plays like that, rather than the liability he sometimes is, I have no complaints about him being in the team. The scenes and the seethe if he'd scored with the outside of his boot in the second half. Thompson was great until he went off, the defending for his goal was comically bad. And Kelly at leftback was the player that first broke through with some tremendous runs forwards.

Only slight niggle is the bookings we had were all for silly things like timewasting and diving. Need to cut that out - especially as it turned out there was no need to run the clock down. Aside from a wee burst after Gallagher's miss they offered sod all in the final third and it was summed up by them delivering a stoppage time corner into the side netting.

Work will be fun on Monday :)

EDIT: Should have added, I was in the main stand doing the report and had to keep reminding myself we were the away team due to all the moaning and booing from the home support :lol:

Maybe offering Webster training facilities and making him feel welcome sealed the deal. That, and good training facilities and a stadium that is clean and modern. At the golf day, Jim Goodwin told me that being able to show prospective signings such good facilities is a huge thing for our club. Jim is such a nice guy to talk to, and I think he is management material in the future.